The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2020, 06:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Dear Mr. President - Just A Question?

6-18-2020

JUST HOW EFFECTIVE ARE THESE FACE MASK, AND DO YOU FEEL THAT THEY COULD BE [?] DANGEROUSLY RESTRICTING THE AIR INTAKE OF SOME OF THOSE WHO WEAR THEM?

Hardcore
Old 06-19-2020, 06:06 AM

HC - I heard this morning on the news a face shield would be appropriate - my wife hates the mask as well it impedes her breathing as well. I don't wear one unless I take her to her doctor's there they make you wear a mask.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I remember from early years (probably in Grade School), in that continually breathing in what you exhale IS NOT VERY GOOD for ANYONE.

Do you think this youngster was just being BS'd by some lower grade teacher?

Neil
Old 06-20-2020, 08:42 AM

Post Good question Reco

9 Side Effects of Wearing Face Masks
By: Alek Korab - Eat This News - 05-12-20
Re: https://www.eatthis.com/face-masks-side-effects/

Your face mask is working double duty to protect everyone: It keeps you from spreading your germs and can stop other germs from getting into you. However, if used thoughtlessly, the masks can also cause unwanted side effects. Here's what they are—and how to prevent them.

1. They can mess with your site

"Wearing a face mask makes the exhaled air go into the eyes," wrote Antonio I. Lazzarino, Medical Doctor and Epidemiologist, of the University College London, in a letter to the journal BMJ about the side effects of face masks. "This generates an uncomfortable feeling and an impulse to touch your eyes. If your hands are contaminated, you are infecting yourself."

The Rx: Resist the temptation to touch your face, and wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds after contact with substances like door handles, elevator buttons, packages or anything else where germs thrive.

2. They Can Be Uncomfortable

Finding the right fit starts with using the right cloth. "Cotton material is considered to have better ventilation and will trap less of the moisture that builds up from breathing and sweating," reports CNet.

The Rx: Make sure it's "snug, not tight," says CNet. "While you want your mask to fit snugly around your face to help prevent respiratory droplets from escaping or coming in, you don't want it to be so tight that it hurts your face. Also, if it's too tight, that gives you less room to breathe well."

3. They Can Restrict Your Airflow

"Face masks make breathing more difficult," points out Lazzarino in his letter. "For people with COPD"—that's chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which causes a decreased air flow—"face masks are in fact intolerable to wear as they worsen their breathlessness. Moreover, a fraction of carbon dioxide previously exhaled is inhaled at each respiratory cycle. Those two phenomena increase breathing frequency and deepness, and hence they increase the amount of inhaled and exhaled air."

The Rx: "This may worsen the burden of COVID-19 if infected people wearing masks spread more contaminated air," he continues. "This may also worsen the clinical condition of infected people if the enhanced breathing pushes the viral load down into their lungs." If you feel you have COVID-19, you should quarantine yourself away from others and remove the mask. Contact a medical professional to discuss the next steps.

4. They Can Cause Glasses to Fog

When you exhale warm air without wearing a mask, it dissipates into the atmosphere. When you do it wearing a mask, it tends to shoot straight up into your bifocals, fogging them up.

The Rx: Wash your glasses in soapy water and allow them to air dry. The film should prevent fogging. "Another tactic is to consider the fit of your face mask, to prevent your exhaled breath from reaching your glasses," reports the AARP. "An easy hack is to place a folded tissue between your mouth and the mask. The tissue will absorb the warm, moist air, preventing it from reaching your glasses. Also, make sure the top of your mask is tight and the bottom looser, to help direct your exhaled breath away from your eyes."

5. They Can Force You to Inadvertently Draw Closer During Conversations

"The quality and the volume of speech between two people wearing masks is considerably compromised and they may unconsciously come closer," wrote Lazzarino.

The Rx: Be sure to stay six feet away from someone when talking to them. Think of the length of a twin bed, to give you a sense of the distance.

6. They Can Foster a False Sense of Security

Don't think of your face mask as Batman's cowl—some kind of bulletproof covering that will protect you from the coronavirus. "(Masks should be worn) in addition to the evidence-based, strong recommendations that are already in place around physical distancing, frequent handwashing, and frequent disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces," Dr. Marcia Anderson, medical officer of health at the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, tells Global News.

7. They Can Spread Disease if Not Washed

Walking around with a dirty face mask isn't doing you or anyone else any favors. They are meant to stop the spread of germs, not spread germs themselves.

The Rx: Says the CDC:

* They should be routinely washed depending on the frequency of use."

* A washing machine should suffice in properly washing a face covering."

* "Individuals should be careful not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth when removing their face covering and wash hands immediately after removing."

8. They Can Hurt Children Under Two—Or Others Who Are Incapacitated

"Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance," says the CDC.

The Rx: Do not use masks under these circumstances.

9. They Can Cause Skin Irritation

"If you have dry skin, it's best to put on moisturizer before wearing a mask," reports CNet. "This can help prevent skin irritation from where the mask rubs your face."

The Rx: "If you have sensitive skin, you may want to forgo the makeup under your mask altogether and to cleanse your face before and after wearing a mask," reports Cnet. "Not to mention, the foundation can also rub off on your mask, leading to decreased air filtration, making it harder to breathe."

10. So What's the Best Kind of Face Mask?

According to the CDC, "cloth face coverings should—

* fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face

* be secured with ties or ear loops

* include multiple layers of fabric

* allow for breathing without restriction

* be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing the things you can find on the web.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-20-2020, 10:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,
Those are all realistic discomfort reasons applicable to wearing a mask.

Regardless, no mention was made about LONG TERM inhaling what exhaled WITHOUT FRESH AIR!

To me, masks in a mechanical sense, are like hooking-up exhaust pipes to air filters.

Orrrrr,...like longtime and lengthy deep sea diving without an oxygen tank.

Maybe I'm just to fussy?

Neil
Old 06-20-2020, 11:17 AM

I admit it isn't pleasant but just a safety measure when in close contact
with shoppers & doctor's office visit require it.
-
I feel bad for those working in retail or fast food as they have to wear it
the hold time they are in the building. Yes I'm sure it has some draw
backs and not all mask are the same.
(Both my daughters work with the public and their bosses said they
had to wear mask while on the job. It's just C.Y.A. (cover your ass).
-
Yes - they are uncomfortable and my ears don't like them.
-
I would also assume that lawsuits could be brought against the public
business's not insisting on masks? Or their insurance companies
insisting mask have to be worn for the possibility of lawsuits to the
establishments if they don't make an effort to protect their customer's
& employee's?
-
This will go on yet for some time. I suspect sometime next year
about this time it may be over - or maybe at lease we will have a vaccine
by then - God Willing

Note: I would go with a face shield - it allows you to breath far easier
per my daughters and its legal.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"