The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Homless Vietnam Vet

I was on the way home fromthe speed shop this morning and standing in the median was a guy with a sign HELP Vietnam Vet.
We made eye contact, He had the right aperence, Old, Gray, Dumb looking. I went to the next corner and turned around. Parked My truck and got a $100.00 bill out of the glove box. I walked to the median and showed him the money, I said this is yours if you can tell me your address in vietnam, He said Duck chew, he said I didn't have an address, I said where you get mail. He said He didn't get any mail. I said what unit was you with , he said 1st cav, 1st air cav. I said what unit was you with , with the cav, he said 1st cav of the first air cav. I said what was your unit designation, 1 of What, 1st of the 7th 1st of the 10th and he said 1st air cav. I put the $100, back in my pocket and walked away.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

most likely a poser although there was/is a 1st Battalion 7th Cav of the 1st Cav Division but the 10th Cav was attached to you guys of the 4th ID

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bill

I was trying to help him out by saying 1-7 or 1-10 he didn't bite on either, I don't know much about the cav but I would bet there is no 1st cav of the 1st air cav.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

Well...you got to meet a wannabe homeless vet. You were correct...there was no 1st Cav of the 1st Air Cav. 1/5, 2/5, 1/7, 2/7, 1/8, 2/8, 1/9, not sure now if 2/9, 1/12, 2/12, (I think), then bunches of engineers, etc. Anybody that was in the Cav, or anyother unit, knows their designation...even if your a burned out "homeless vietnam vet". Now I have to keep reminding Doc Fred he was in 15th Med....but he isn't homeless. Ron, you should have accidently backed up over him.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Opps sorry Ron. I thought that he had said 1-7 and 1-10

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 07-11-2006, 10:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Ron, I'm glad you took the $100 back. The bums here have regular spots at busy intersections. They always have homless vet on their sign and some times Homless Vietnam vet. Its just to get symphy so that you'll stop and give them money. I hear some of them make pretty good. I think I talked to another wanabe yesturday and I'm getting real tired of this. His dd-214 was clasified and he had so many metals someone said he looked like an xmas tree. Was in Special Ops for 36 years in the army, mentioned seals, trained troops in 15 different countries including Vietnam. I asked him if he was in the special forces, no special ops, but I think he said something about the 11th special forces. [was there an 11th FS?] I'm not talking to this guy again. Next hel'l tell me he was in Delta Force. [One thing, he told me was you don't need an INF mos to recieve a combat INF badge.] That has never changed right??
Old 07-11-2006, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I asked an "Air Force Special Forces" guy once where he was in Vietnam. His , (standard wannabe line), answer was, "all over". I said, you had to work out of a base somewhere in Vietnam.....his answer was, "oh, yeah, Taiwan". I said, "Taiwan, Vietnam?" He said, "yeah". A buddy of mine beat the shit out of him with a busted cue stick.

Pack

Old 07-11-2006, 10:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default How times have changed

Frank used to tell people he had been in prison for a couple years rather than tell them he was in Viet Nam. Several people asked me how many babies I had killed ( usually told them no more than I could eat in a day ) Now everyone wants to be one. Usually easy to spot a phony with a couple quick questions. Good work Ron
Old 07-11-2006, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Splum..

The guys bullshit and if he's wearing medals he didn't earn, call the police. It hasn't changed....his CIB is as phoney as he is. It is against the law to wear medals not authorized. There is no such thing as a classified dd-214. How the hell could he prove that he served honorably if it was ....classified. If he was in 36 years and is homeless....it's his friggin' fault anyway.

Pack

Old 07-11-2006, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

The special ops guy I talked to yesturday was all over also From Vietnam in 1971 to the first Gulf War. He must have been an officer because in one of his stories they were calling him sir. I think if he was a 36 year retired officer he wouldn't be living in an older run down apartment.