The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2002, 09:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Talking My Reunion in Reno

Well guys and gals we just got back from my third annual ship reunion in Reno. It was fabulious over 100 guys showed up, and this time at least 10 of them were from the years that I served aboard. One of my old steaming buddys flew in from nebraska, and it was really good to see him after 34 years. During the reunion we took in a dinner cruise, on lake tahoe, and a trip to virginia city. also helped the town of Reno observe three days of silience for sept 11th, or at least it seamed so. the slots were very tight and the decks of cards seemed to not have any face cards in them. By the time we left this morning I had to tie my wallet down because it was so light it wanted to float away. Next year its off to Bean town and a visit with the Andy man, and a game with the redsox. I'm starting a fund for that one right now. Wow just think of it Lobster for breakfest. "farout" Oh yeah my Vietnam Hunting Club patch on my jacket was a big hit with the guys, but those little people dealing cards kept giving me the evil eye , Maybe thats why I didn't win. But it was well worth it to me. One of my old officers dropped by to say hey he retired as an adm'l. He's a big shot now. He was in town with the government credit union convention now those boys know how to live high on the hog with your money . I also got reaquainted with one of my division officers what a nice guy he turned out to be. he even invited us down to his beach place on the Oregon coast. His wife and my wife talked as if they knew each other all their lives it was great. Now I would really like to hear about a certent Army Reunion that went on in Branson at the same time . come on Andy don't keep it to yourself buddy I'am a waiting
Old 09-12-2002, 12:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Chris!

Boy it sure sounds like you had a great time! Some day Deb and I are going to get out West and do us a little gamblin! How nice that you were able to be with guys that you knew this year.

Make sure when you go visit Andy you get all your Bean Town sightseeing done first. If you meet him at the ball park, you may end up there for the rest of your visit! Don't worry though, Annette is so gracious that she will probably drive to Fenway every day to bring you guys drinks and great Chili made 2 different ways!

Nice to see you back and happy your time was so much fun!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ahhhh

The chili!
Old 09-12-2002, 05:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Glad you had a great time -envy, must be a trip. Going to my 1st in 03 and will hook up with a guy in my platoon, can't wait. I am glad we are meeting each other , Welcome home !
Old 09-12-2002, 09:43 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Chris

I'm glad you had a good time brother. That is very cool that you hooked up with your buddy that you had not seen in thirty four years. When you meet Andy and Annette you will meet two of the best medics in the whole world. Look out Boston!! You and Andy in the same town will be something they will be writing about for years to come.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."