The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2002, 11:12 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default We will never forget...

Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)
(Toby Keith)

American girls and American guys
We'll always stand up and salute
We'll always recongnize
When we see Old Glory flying there's alot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head

My daddy served in the Army when he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard till the day that he died
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister, and me
To grow up and live happy in the land of the free
Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flying in from somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly through our big, black eye
Man,we lit up your world like the 4th of July

Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist
And the eagle will fly and its gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy of the red, white, and blue

Justice will be served and the battle will rage
This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage
You'll be sorry that you messed with the US of A
Cause we'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way

Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist
And the eagle will fly and its gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy of the red, white, and blue

Ohhh
Of the red, white, and blue
Ohhh my red, white, and blue..

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2002, 12:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Very good Sis...

I resemble those remarks 2nd cousin. You asked this question a while back and yup I think this is true. The Neal-McNeal Iowa connection is very compelling and my great aunt is still digging on the question but there was deffinately some Neals in the tree. All my mob is out of Storm City but they got around a lot. One of your pobable relatives was one Lt. McNeal and was a Union Artillery battery commander at the battle of Gettryberg and is mentioned in the book "Killer Bees". His boy horse handler/camp aid was my great grand dad, name sake and later an attorney and alderman of Storm City. But ya better hush up about this as we don't want Gimpy or Packo reckoning us to be related blue belly yanks.

Scamp
Old 09-13-2002, 01:13 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Thank you for taking the time to pursue my question. This is really very exciting for a person that grew up like a weed to discover anything that might tell them about their history. I really can't thank you enough.

I will pm you with some names that may help in the search after I talk to my sis. She has more info than I do.

Gee I hope we don't ruin the family tree. Mom told my sis that we had a bunch of cousins that were horse thiefs. I know for a fact that my grandmother was a beautiful woman of the evening that reeled my Grandfather Neal (WWI) in long enough for the two of them to produce an only child which was my Mother. Another beautiful woman that chose to make her living in the early years singing with some of the big bands and dancing for a living. You sure you want to hear the rest? Can Great Aunt take the truth about Grandfather Neal's love affair?

Tune in same time same station for the continuing saga of the Neal-McNeal connection until then let us remember Ireland Forever....

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-13-2002, 07:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ok Sis, stand by.........

No Sis, no, not Ireland, LOL. We got to work on this aspect I reckon. It?s western Scots Highlander and Sons of Somerled. Perhaps a Scotsman married up with an Irish Lass; that seems to be the historic bias, but the main trunk of the tree is surely all Scots. As the saga goes us Scots married up with the Irish Lasses so we wouldn?t get in the bad habit of taking ourselves too seriously. That sounds about right I think. I did that and believe me, it was impossable to take myself seriously at all, ever. Yikes and aarrgg!

Not to worry about horse thieves and a bit of life's spice. My paternal Grandma had the last name of Younger and is alleged to be a blood relative of Cole and Bob Younger of Missouri/Kansas border raiding infamy. This is more saga than documented tree stuff but my Pa swears that it?s true, who knows. As well, my paternal Grandpa was related to Kansas Red-Leg, Free-State ruffians/bandits/border raiders. It?s a wonder that they didn?t all kill themselves off along the way as they sure as heck tried.

Knock on wood; none of us caught the ?Bad Boy? disposition out of the crapshoot gene pool, maybe. So for sure, there are no angles in my camp. My younger brother likes the married life so the more the better I suppose. He has three homes and a Lass and kiddos in each. Oh my, what a deal. Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm. And no, he's not a Morman and is only leagally married to one, I think. And double aarrgg, one of my nieces was in Playboy a while back. Boy, did that feel wierd.

Scamp
Old 09-13-2002, 08:25 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Scamp

me dear Mother in heaven must be crying tears to hear someone try to persuade me against the sacred isle! Never a mention came from her lips in her final days of any Scot in the woodpile. I will therefore pray God that he turn her attention to other things while we continue this discussion.

However I have long suspected it must be true just from the little digging around that I have done. And while I will acknowledge it is true that the trunk of the tree is surely all Scots there is no doubt that the finest fruit came from the hybrid of Scots and Irish. At least in the sense of producing a creature that has the heart of a lion and the winsome ways of the "little people" ie carrying on the myth that in this life time dreams really do come true.

The "bad boy" dispostion sounds as though it may have been passed to some of my clan as Willie Nelson's song "Poncho and Lefty" rather describes some of their exploits. Loveable characters but just on the other side of the law.

hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm is right regard your brother but don't feel bad because "papa was a rollin' stone, where ever he hung his hat was his home" A man that takes on that many wives (simultaneosly) must have a long memory in order to cover all of his lies or be married to women with short memories. He surely can not be married to an Irish Lass or at least not one in my gene pool. They have a propensity for frying pans and shotguns loaded with buck shot. The favorite target being the backside of the ungreatful creature as he runs buck naked down the drive way.