The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow Ref: POW/Purple Heart Update

Gentlemen and Ladies of Congress etc;

A short while back, I took the liberty of mailing a proposal for a new bill to you.

This proposal for a new law would award the Purple Heart (posthumously) to all those who served with honor within our military, were captured and died while being held prisoner by the enemy in our nation?s wars.

I am sure that it came as no surprise to you to learn that many of our nation?s finest (POWs) expired from beatings, starvation, disease, or froze to death at the hands of a vicious and uncaring enemy in WWII, Korea, the Cold War and Vietnam! The shock, however, is that most of these "True American Heroes", were never awarded the Purple Heart that they deserved and earned through their eternal sacrifices!!

Yesterday, we recorded a piece at the ABC studios in San Diego that we hope will be aired very soon (nationally) on this very subject, including our efforts to alter regulations to include those who gave their last measure of devotion in brutal Prisoner of War Encampments!

These captive American men and women were, for all intent and purpose (as all of you who served in the military know), still in combat with a vicious enemy, and fighting 24/7/365, in their own way!

I understand that at least one (maybe more) news-pieces on this subject are being developed even as we speak, and that our legislators are being contacted on the issue so that their views can be aired in this election year!

Knowing that you are a fair and caring elected official and a true American, one who also appreciates the sacrifices of those who went on to glory (died in captivity while a POW), I am sure that you too will do your utmost to champion this issue!

The news station that is currently doing the piece has asked to be kept updated on this issue and the responses received back! I am sure that all America, especially this nation?s honorable veterans, share in this concern!

?Thank you for your consideration!!?

Sincerely,

Shorty Esterbrook (Tiger Survivor & POW), Rick & Brenda Tavares, etc

Sent to ABC, President, Senate, Congress, Shorty Esterbrook, etc......
Old 02-20-2004, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HC

As I committed to you earlier telephonically, I'm working the "back-channel" process to make this happen. Thanks for the update.
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Good news indeed. Still, it is a shame that such prodding and/or: "Doing The Right Thing" is even needed for having ANY OF THOSE having served country selflessly and honorably and/or having; "The Right Stuff",...finally being recognized and honored accordingly by THEIR COUNTRY.

Regardless Rick, I (no doubt others also) thank You, Yours, Shorty and Friends for your selfless efforts on behalf of: "America's Finest",...whom unfortunately can no longer fight the good fight against intransigent beaurocrats themselves.

Plus, I'm fairly certain that if you had a strong enough telescope, you might see "Them" all also saluting you for your fine efforts, as I do.

My salute and GarryOwen to yuh,
Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks Guys!!!!

VERITAS