The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2004, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Typical GI Humor.

Shouldn't have been released to the press but kept private within the military community. The kid probably doesn't even read English (probably doesn't read at all) .

Sad it got out.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2004, 09:27 AM

Default NCO or Non-Com! Same-0, Same-O

super scout;

What are to smoking or drinking today, that makes you think Jimmy Carter was the blame for the mass departure of officers and (non-com's) or NCO's from the ranks?.
When the mass exodus was mostly in the early seventies, and since President Carter didn't take office till January 1977, you blame him due to the fact he was a Democrat, and not "Mr. Tricky Dick" for he was a Republician.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Attention on the flight deck !

It's Non - Commissioned Officers = NON- COMS
Old 04-09-2004, 10:04 AM

Thanks LT..took the words outta my mouth.

In dark times there is dark humor. Without humor our phyche will surely snap. Its a coping mechanism. Police go through it, Medical staff too. Why should it be any different for the men and women in the midst of some of the darkest battles for their lives. Think about it...they (Like many of you did before them) are watching some of their closest friends die before their eyes and there isn't a whole heck of a lot they can do to prevent it.

Give them a break. The media should never have ran with this. All it will do is incite those already antimilitary protestors looming around. Yes I find it funny and yes I passed it on to some friends of mine. But then we also share the dark humor.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 04-09-2004, 10:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Mr. Skeeter,

It is NCO, or it is Non Com... it is not non con.

Hence, let us begin from that point of spelling.

Right you are... officers do not take orders from NCOs.

Yet, there is not a single decent officer who does not realize that his command and control would be utterly, singularly, impossible in the absence of a counterpart intermediary whom the men trusted. Officers are given special honor, some deserve it, others do not. What the women do is a whole different subject about which I am remarkably ignorant.

For the NCO, it is our duty to set an example, so that that men might trust us to carry their views and needs forward in the chain of command to you, our officers, in whom we are commanded to have faith and loyalty.

We are at your sixes, duty bound. We pray you are at ours. Many fine officers are.

Under no circumstance attempt to inform an NCO what they know to not be true, in the experience of the men to whom we must explain your choices. The men will not believe us, and battles and wars could be lost.

I have been accused of being a surrogate and other bad things. I know what I know.

The enemy is before us. He has no regard for our quibblings.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I personally think its funny. People need to stop being so darn politically corect. This guy is living in a war zone and faces death everyday there. He has the right to have fun when he can or to make fun of whatever. If it picked up some folks moral then i say go for it.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

It ain't any more funny DL...
Old 04-09-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Blame it on the keyboard

I'm most grateful for some of you to point out my typograpical error.. It seems "M" come before "N" in the alphabet, but "N" is before"M" on the keyboard. Oh! well, maybe non-con and non-com means the same..

I have read all these posts here, and it seems to me most of you thank this is "funny" material. Is that where your brain has joined in association... with everything funny, humor, and who cares.?

What will be your thoughts when you read or hear that Lcpl. Boudreaux gets some brig time and demoted to lower rank from all this little "humor, funny" ploy. I bet you all will comment it was just a funny joke.. Of course, this may be his way getting sent back to the states. It just may be he really don't care about the Pride to be a Marine.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I think you are presuming alot more than you should. These guys over there(mena nd women) have the right to deal with it as much as they want.

To call this man in more ways than one a bad Marine is pratty dam rude. You DON"T know him or why he did this. I better watch my jokes now.....might offend someone with tight shorts.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sorry DL, got the wrong handle...

Blame it on the keyboard, and my age.

Semper Fidelis.

Ya know somethin'... they always say "Send in the Marines", or, "We sent in the Marines.", or "The Marines were sent in."

Jeez, even jarheads could not succeed by their selves.