The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2008, 01:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dan

Thats gotta be a tough decision to make.....I know when Mr. Happy got happy, I got in trouble....Then again with the radation, I wouldn't have any trouble finding my thingie when it glowed in the dark

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

Bob, just think if you turned out the light in the saloon you could use Mr Happy as a spot light to search for just the right lady to make radio active. then she could light up the whole room. Has anyone seen my chicken?

Any day above ground is a good day
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default James

Glad for you. HOpe you continue to be cancer free.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 07-29-2008, 04:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

James I'm glad they caught it in time to save mr Happy for you.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Goody james

My cousin and elk hunting buddy is having prostrate removed laproscopically (sp?)on friday the 1st. Will be out of hospital on the 2nd and back for post op ckeck on 4th then home.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ummm, Sid

Hate that...wish he would have thought of the radioactive seeds first....chance for less problems. Wish him well, though.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default One long week later

Well its 9 days afterwards and I have to say its almost like it never happened.
I'm peeing, I'm shitting, I'm getting it up, I'm coming!!!---whats not to like? (Hope I'm not losing you with all this technical talk) I was expecting all these functions to be impaired for some time afterwards and theyre basically not---theyre all a little different but so far I would rate all these functions at about 94.256%.
And the best news is: I'm gonna be cured of cancer!! YABBA DABBBA DOOOOO!

As things stand now, Ive gotten through it better than any one I know who's had it happen. After the first two days, Ive played golf every day- I just came back from a 3 day golf road trip.

I can't believe I'm getting away this easy--Lucky Jimmy scores again!!I talked to my friend Dan, (pighumper) who also went through it---he said it gets no worse, generally. That wold be great if it gets no worse than this.

Of course I haven't been through other kinds of prostate procedures but I woud recommend this the most highly..Its 45 minutes of sheer hell on the operating table but its a minor inconvenience compared to other types of prostate procedures I've researched.

the key to this is early detection: fortunately for me I was diagnosed in the earliest stages, which gave me a lot of options. ( I said the Lucky Jimmy thing, didn't I?) SO GET IT DONE, GUYS!!!! Thats an order.

Good luck to all and thanks
stay goood
James
Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Dr James I will take your adviceand take the test when I see my Doctor next week. I'm glad your doing so good.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

James it’s great to see that you’re doing well with your fight with a terrible disease that not too many years ago was a certain death sentence. Stick around and thanks for filling us in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlrrp View Post
Yes, this is one time the good ol VA didn't let me down (after a long litany of let downs.)
I said, Don't worry, its impossible to lower my expectations of the VA.
Stay good all
james
Once upon a time I lived in an area serviced by a VA Hospital where you were nothing but a job. To the doctors and nurses you were work that the bureaucrats ordered you to attend to. Come around lunch time and quitting time you didn't exist any longer and they didn't much give a damn 'bout you during working hours either but the pharmacy gave out good drugs in massive doses.
That VA Hospital was in the arm pit of Ohio in Brecksville, outside of Cleveland.
When we were transferred to Atlanta I expected no more from the VA here but two years after that transfer I found myself needing the VA Hospital system more than I ever had before. My leg got pretty bad and I learned how to spell PTSD. In Cleveland it was just "extreme anxiety reaction" and it was only through Veterans Administration Hospital employees that gave a damn that my head is screwed on today and no blood has been shed.
I’m glad that the car company cancelled my medical insurance. There is no praise high enough for the Vet’s Hospital here and I can’t compliment them enough.