The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking SOC is working on it

"Why Won't the US Attorney for Colorado Prosecute... "Why Won't the US Attorney for Colorado Prosecute...

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just called the Baltimore US Attorney's office, and left a message for them to call me. Will report to you later.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 AM

I gotta agree will all of y'll, especially Brice.

I want to stress that the families of wannabes in almost every case are victims too. I feel sorry for the young lady in the picture, just as I feel sorry for the son and wife of our recent major wannabe on this forum.

Robert
Old 02-24-2010, 05:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It is definitely not a victimless crime. There is a local preacher that has as part of his resume he taught and was a student at Oxford University in England. I checked it out and what it really was is this religious group rented some rooms at Oxford and taught each other. Holy bull s---!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Non-Progress Report

So far, I've made two calls to the Federal Attorney's office, and there has been no response. I'm beginning to think the race card may be the reason for the non-starter. Whatever the reason, I'm even further disgusted by this latest insult to us taxpayers by the arrogant behavior of so-called public servants. These POS need to be reminded of the fact that WE pay their freakin' salaries.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-26-2010, 03:05 PM

I think part of the problem of non-prosecution of the cases (including one hot case in my area) is that there are two active cases out there where the accused are claiming that enforcement of the Stolen Valor Act is a violation of their 1st amendment rights. They claim they have the right to tell lies and be impostors because no one is harmed and they are not doing it for financial gain.

The two cases are working their way through the court system and will probably end up with the Supreme Court.

I think a lot of federal prosecutors are leery to invest time and resources into a misdemeanor case (and that it all it is) and have it thrown out or overturned if these two test cases end unfavorably for the government (and us).

Just my $.02.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:40 PM

Well hell, I guess that means Robert, Brice and even me can just go out and upgrade our Valor awards cause who would it hurt These GDMFWB's need to be dealt with. Freedom of speech my ass, they just don't get it..They are stealing Valor that belongs to others and if our justice system allows these people to prevail based on FOS, then gentleman, we are in real trouble...I could go on but.....

Ron P.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry

Once again.First man killed in my platoon was Joseph Silon , 3/6/71. KIA by mortors 120 mm. First award he earned was the purple heart. Ex -friend claimed 3 of those and feels no need to apoligise to Joe or anyone else whose valor he stole
Old 02-27-2010, 06:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgrpguy View Post
Well hell, I guess that means Robert, Brice and even me can just go out and upgrade our Valor awards cause who would it hurt These GDMFWB's need to be dealt with. Freedom of speech my ass, they just don't get it..They are stealing Valor that belongs to others and if our justice system allows these people to prevail based on FOS, then gentleman, we are in real trouble...I could go on but.....

Ron P.
Ron, I ROGER your last. Any attorney who would assert that lying is a Constitutional right needs to be denutted with a very dull knife. There is no constitution right to lie. The scary part for me is that at one time, the SCOTUS did rule that burning our flag was "an expression of free speech." Just how they made that reach and stretch gives me pause. On that very topic, I have made a vow that if I ever witness anybody trying to burn our flag, I would take whatever action was necessary, incluidng violence and physical force, to stop that treasonous (IMO) act. And yes, I'm prepared to accept the consequences, irrespective of what they might be. Down here in my part of the country, if said legal action was taken against me, I'd just insist that my attorney have at least one Vietnam vet on the jury, and then I'll plead 'not guilty,' by reason of "Vietnam Flashback" defense- I thought the SOB was a VC, and had to kill him!

Back to the topic at hand, I agree that these so-called public servants are loathe to take on cases that they might lose, as their performance in this part-time job will impact their employment chances for success later on. But then that smacks of 'situational ethics.' Let's just enforce those laws that make us feel good or look good. In the final analysis, it is symtomatic of how our culture has degenerated.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:50 AM

Brice,

Amen brother. I too would take what action necessary tp preclude the burning of our flag. My LYB gets concerned when I jump on the POS that fail to remove their hats during the national anthem at Hockey games I attend. I tell her let them come on...most however cower and remove the covers..they are mostly young people and I find that sad...With stolen valor, most of them never apologize, because the punishment does not fit the crime..Look at that clown in San Antonio, that not only had phony awards, but made a phony ID card to get on base..his punishment.. 3 years probation and a $500.00 fine..IMNSHO these people are a disease on our society and know there is not much to worry about as far as prosecution goes,unless they steal big time, so why apologize ?....I mean after all, they are just exercising freedom of speech..

Ron P.