The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default allergies

If you or your kids or your kids kids are having allergy problems, Itchy eyes, Sinus head ach, runny nose, etc. Here’s some free advice.
Don't take Allergy medications, Don't take Allergy medications.
If you get itchy eyes use a saline solution to rinse eyes, If you get a sinus head ach, take an aspirin, if you are congested, Blow your nose.
In order for your body to become immune to a certain pollen , your body has to have effects from that pollen. You get runny nose and you suffer, Your body builds immune antibodies to that pollen and the next time you encounter it , NO effect. It's not rocket science, Any time your body gets sick it builds an immunity to what ever caused the sickness.
If you in your wipness decide that a runny nose is not what you like and so then you take a allergy med. Next time the pollen comes around you will not only get a runny nose but also some sinus pain. and so you take more allergy med. and the next time the pollen comes you get runny nose and a sinus headache and some red eyes. You are not going to win the pollen fight, unless you decide to do nothing.
I can lay down in a field of rag weed that has just given off it's yellow pollen and I have no effects whatsoever.
When my daughter turned 2, we took her to a day care place, not because we wanted some time away from her , but we wanted to give her ALL the childhood sickness’ and she got them. Green stuff ran out of her nose for 2 months or more. and we bought amoxicillen by the gallon. But then, she could go to school for years and not be sick one day, because she was immune to all those kid ickeys.
In the end. allergy med are for the weak, But if you can't stand a runny nose or a sinus headache , then go right ahead take the allergy med. FOREVER.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Excellent advice there, Ron. Over the years we`ve become an over-medicated society and way to quick to buy into all the commercial remedies that are hawked in the media. At the first sign of a runny nose the uninformed run to the doctor for antibiotics, which simply hammer the natural immune system. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you-a super-bug that feeds on penicillin, arithramiacin, etc.!

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sorry, I just have to disagree.

Larry
Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

With everything?

Peace,Griz
Old 04-07-2009, 05:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Never had allergies

in my life until moving to the Lowcountry. I was asked if I had them...told people no, and they said, you will now. It's true. I've got them now. I have found that the best way FOR ME is to use just a saline solution in the a.m and before bed in the p.m. Just insert into the nose, spray, and inhale the water. Works better than meds and the saline is harmless. After the experience with Levaquinn....I try everything else before taking any medication.

Pollen filled Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I take 4 fingers of a good single malt in the morning (Glennfiddich is my favorite) and I dont' care if I do have allergies.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

All I can do his relate my experiences. From 1948 - 1969 I was at my grandparents farm / woods almost every 2 weeks, hunting, fishing and doing what kids do. I went in the Army for 2 years and they both died shortly thereafter and their land and house was sold, house demolished, and the land divided up. During that time the only allergy I ever had was to honey bee stings, nothing else. In the late 70s I began to have serious allergies in the Spring and some in the Fall. I went to an allergist and he did the scratch tests and made a serum which I took for several years and it helped a great deal. I believe I stopped taking them in the 80s sometime. They have returned over the past 10 years ( mostly Spring and some in the Fall ) and if I do not take Sudafed and Benadryl during the times that I have them, I will have a sinus infection. I also use eye drops for allergies which help me a lot.

I did not become allergic to poison ivy until the early 80s. I was clearing a honeysuckly vine off our back fecnce and got into some. Prior to that I never had any problems. It has progressively gotten worse, and as I am unable to identify the plants, to the point where I very seldom do yard work, because I do not want to get into it... My mother's allergy to it also got worse over time, and the last time she had it she had to get Benadryl shots.

I cannot speak for anyone else. This is what has happened to me.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Allergies can pop up at any time in your life, like your reaction to poison ivy. A guy I grew up with used to take poison ivy leaves and use them to make a whistle-like sound, knowing full well what it was. Many years later he tried the same stunt to try to impress his grandchildren but he found out the hard way that he was developed an allergy to it. He had to be rushed to the hospital for a shot because his throat started to close.