The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Topp-

Trying to make sense out of VA math has driven many a good man totally insane. I wouldn't attempt this. I suspect that may be the purpose of the math. If you're totally bonkers they can claim you don't have PTSD.

Make sure to keep copies of EVERYTHING that you and/or your rep. sends in. Also keep everything they send you. When you get your decision back be sure to read what evidence was considered. Not too long ago (in VA time) I requested that my 30% PTSD comp. be reevaluated based on evaluations made during my 6 wk. in-pt. stay in the VA Hosp. at Salem Va. 8-9 mo. later they denied any increase and intimated that I should be happy they weren't taking the 30% away because I didn't have PTSD anyway. Looking over the "what we considered" section I could find nowhere where my "new evidence" (the hosp. records) had been so much as looked at by anyone. And (long story shorter) it really hadn't been. For some reason they had sent my stuff to West (by God!) Virginia for evaluation and neglected to include anything about my weeks in the Hosp. After I called them on it, I got bumped to 50% PTSD. Since I am also in Tenn.,
these same folks are handling your paperwork. Welcome to the club and may God have mercy. In my case 50+30+10+0= 70%