The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Can Cancer Be Avoided Or Cured With Vitamin B-17?

This is an interesting article. I've always wondered about the possibilities of laetrile and other high dose vitamin and enzyme treatments. A year after my return from Nam my Mother passed away from lung cancer with metastisis to the brain. Surgery didn't work, so my Dad attempted Laetrile therapy from some clinic in Mexico. I don't remember how agressive he was and how late in the disease process he started, I just remember all the controversy surrounding laetrile back then and the medical profession calling it bogus, etc.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james53.htm

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

In the short run an abundunce of vitamins will not hurt you, You body just dumps the excess vitamins that it doesn't need, and you will pee bright yellow and have the runs, Keep on doing more vitamins that your body needs could do damage to your Kidneys, liver, Pancreas. Taking any home made remedy, i.e. herbs and roots is ok as long as the stuff is not poisonous and is taken in moderation. Your body is pretty good at using and rejecting substances. You can do harm to yourself by over dosing on anything, just a week ago a lady died from over dose of water.

Ron
Old 01-28-2007, 11:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ron,
I read some of the stories about that. I agree with what you say as I do understand about the too much of anything isn't safe idea because it's true. I just wonder about the uses of some of these non pharmaceuticals in treatment modalities that have been touted as being able to cure some types of cancer without the destructive side effects caused by the barbaric therapy that is commonly used today, i.e. slash and burn(surgery and radiation) and destroy the immune system(chemotherapy). Nobone has documented how many people have died from medical barbarism, but they're quick to pipe up and say what kind of survival rate you might have with this barbaric type of medicine that is currently practiced. Wish I had all the answers!

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 01-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

It wont hurt you if the non pharmaceuticals are not poison or you don't take to much. And if it wont hurt you then whats the harm in trying whatever you wish .
Grandma mixing up roots and rubbing it on a sore is ok as long as its not poison. and may even help.
The food and drug administration are to quick to rule out home remedies. If they can't hurt, whats the problem with trying.

Ron
Old 01-28-2007, 02:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Vitamin therapy

Dr. Linus Pauling is a double Nobel laureate, and one of his awards was for his working with cancer patients, infusing them with massive doses of Vitamin C. He clinically proved that even patients classified as terminal could be helped, and in some cases, actually cured from cancer with this treatment. While most vitamins are water soluble, there is one exception, Vitamin A, which can be toxic in massive doses.

The pharmaceutical companies don't want something as inexpensive as Vitamin C to be tried, much less used, in cancer treatments. First of all, no vitamins can be patented, so the pharmaceutical companies can't make any money on this type of treatment. Secondly, they have a vested interest in peddling the chemicals they have already produced, generally at very inflated prices. One of my friends' father's treatments were $65,000 per pop. One could buy enough Vitamin C to treat an entire village for that much money. Always check the money trail.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

What SS said.
I just had to do that.
Drug companies and DR. are in the medical profession to make money. You as a patient are the source of there income. It's in there best interest to sell drugs and keep you coming back as a patient.
Vitamins may or may not help, But a DR or a drug company are going to tell you they do NOT work for reasons stated above.
Anyone thinks there DR cares one little bit about them , just don't pay the bill for 2 weeks.
Vitamin A is no more or less important than any other vitamin.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin, plays essential roles in vision, growth, and development; the development and maintenance of healthy skin, hair, and mucous membranes; immune functions; and reproduction. The most important one of these is the Immune functions.
FDA is the real culprit in this.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It appears that some forms of cancer runs in families ( genetics ), just as alcoholism, mental illness and other maladies do. Outside of environmental ( man made ) causes, I am not sure that massive doses of vitamins, minerals, or herbs, can alter the DNA....

Larry
Old 01-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Larry
You are correct. However the other side of that is that vitamins don't harm either, If taken in small does's.
So I would guess the point would be , whats the difference? if it makes someone feel better by taking a vitamin, Take it.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Will Vitamin work only on breast cancer, or other cancers.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

RR
Vitamins don't work on cancer. Vitamins will make your body work better, IF your body is low on a particular vitamin, It seems that the vitamins are working on the cancer because your body can fight cancer better because you were a vitamin deficient, and after taking the vitamin now your immune system works better.
A normal appetite will give you all the vitamins your body needs. . If taking a Multi vitamin makes you feel better, then you were most likely deficient in a vitamin because of diet. And if it makes you feel better, Do it. Just don't over do it.
Ron