The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2003, 07:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Col. Murph and Superscout ARE different folks...

check their profiles for more info..

Col. Murph is our official Patriot Files weapons expert, and a darned good one too..

Larry
Old 10-15-2003, 06:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scout

To my dear friend and compatriot.

Most of us joke with other people when asked about our awards. I usually say that they came packed in with our C-Rats, don't mean nothin'. But they do to us.

I have always been proud to be a part of this site and the men and women who post here. I have always been proud of you and your stands in life. Your citation, sir, comes as no surprise to me. I just feel honored to read it. The accolates from your friends on this site are a testiment to who you are. We are all very proud to know you as we do.

Larry, thanks, as always, for the research.

One Proud Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default SS...

...mortal words may never discribe the actions of few,...

...It has been my honor to be in the same company with those few here,...

...Your service to your Country, and fellow soldiers is held in the highest esteem,...

...This Veteran would be proud to serve with you anytime, anywhere,...

...Curtis...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-15-2003, 01:00 PM

SS, sorry for the mistake, you know my heart is in the right place. God bless you, sir.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Embarrassment

For a long time, I never fully understoond the term, "an embarrassment of riches," but now I know what it means, for it is exactly what I'm feeling. I have been blessed beyond rational comprehension with the outpouring of goodwill, kind and gracious thoughts, and expressions of friendship from people here, my brothers and sisters, all part of my wonderfully and beautifully dysfunctional family! You have given me one of the most significant gifts and honors I could have ever imagined, and a wild imagination I certainly have! Can we give it all a rest now?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-15-2003, 03:28 PM

Brice,

THATS CAUSE YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!

enough........
Old 10-15-2003, 04:47 PM

Scout,

It's ingrained to do the things that people to. It's your upbringing and your family life that give you the tools you need to make decisions throughout your life.

It's character - a god given trait that not all men/women recognize until that event or circumstance takes place.

Just how each and everyone displays their values or morals or even their ideals can never truly be tested until all the cards have been put on the table.

You've accomplished many things in your life and your purpose for being here was described above. Taken by many to be extreme bravery beyond normal endurance is what they say.

To be put in harms way is a test - its all those things that are held within a person - that at one time - one moment - something happens - its an uncommon valor - its the moment where life has its true meaning. Your the closest you've been to God in all your life. It's the largest adrenalin rush short of being born.

I'd say YES you are remarkable whether you accept it or not. You've experience a tragic - bone chilling event that - for lack of better words you've made a transition where it was like an out of body event. You're watching the event take place but when you look you don't know its you do it.

Much of what is happened to you was explained to me as a slowing of time - like just before a car wreck. It's amazing what you can do when it seems like everything around you just slows to a crawl.

Scout - you've been taken to the max and performed a feet that recognizes you for your skills as a soldier - your sacrifice for others will always be remembered by this old soldier and by all others who meet you and get to know you.

God Bless You and thank you for being who you are and being in the right place at the right time.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-16-2003, 09:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Emperor Scout -
If'n you should ever need a flag carrier, I am at your service... and should you be hit, I vow to hold your body in one arm whilst firing any available weapon with the other, and if still alive at cessation or pause of hostilities, to carry what is left of you back home to your family, brothers and friends, at any cost.

Sir Blue
Old 10-16-2003, 08:16 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

SuperScout,
We've talked about you and the widow's village on the back channel before, but I'll say it again in the open that I look up to you and I'm really proud to know you. Thank you Sir!

Chilidog
Old 10-18-2003, 07:10 AM

Default M'dude

Thanks for posting the award citation and book article about the SuperScout.

I had the pleasure of getting to spend a couple of days with him and a few of the guys which served both with Brice and under his command in 'Nam. What I heard from them and saw in his demeanor and actions was sheeer humility and graditude.

Humility about the awards he was given and the limelight it brouoght upon him, and the graditude he continues to show to and bestow on the men of his command. Both the NCOs and officers I met had nothing but the huighest regards for Brice. And Brice couldn't seem to do enough for them, including this "outsider" whom Brice invited into his home. I was honored to attend a reunion of Brice's old outfit and was immediately treated as an old friend. I guess it's just something about the shared experiences of Vietnam, but the warmth of affection Brice showed to his men was truely awesome. Very few officers Imet during my 6 years in service ever tried to get to know the enlisted men in their command. Brice is indeed the exception here.

S'Scout, I salute you, both as a comrade in arms and as one I am now able to count as a friend. Thank you.