Old 11-07-2003, 05:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Petition signed: thanks Roger
Old 11-07-2003, 06:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BLUEHAWK...

Certainly all 6 listed are truly worth: "Venting RAGE" over. In fact, what: "The Unfortunate U.S. Military" is forced to further confront these days,...is absolutely and downright disgusting. One would normally think that vowing to give ones life for country if need be, would be sufficient enough? Shows what-the-hell-I-know.

Plus Mike,...and even though all realities listed are as demoralizing and disgusting as they can be for: "America's Finest", their families and all TRUE Americans in general, that Officer's situation is about as digusting for Americans as it gets.

Not only does he have to order his men daily to be walking or riding targets of opportunity for murderous and merciless sicko-bastards,...when capturing and interrogating such he must treat them courteously and respectfully, and as if in an American Court of Law. NONSENSE & DOUBLE NONSENSE to such asininely ONE-SIDED politically-correct warfare or politically-correct interrogating.

Besides, and if politicos and/or Military JAG types feel so strongly about fighting asininely ONE-SIDED politically-correct warfare,...let "THEM" do all the needed patrolling, capturing and interrogating instead. Hell, "THEY" have nothing better to do anyway,...and if lost in action no one would even notice.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon -
We hold it in a long time, then we let it come out... I, too, hold to the UCMJ as Scout says and I know most of us here would agree... and I certainly CAN see the point of having AMERICAN rules against brutality even in war, whether there was a Geneva Convention or not... I am also fairly certain, though not from personal experience, that in serious circumstances of warfare many deeds are done which are not done at other times... I also feel some justifiable pride that, by and large by far, the conduct of our troopers under a lot of stress in many eras and wars has been exemplary in comparison with other armies and in their own right... I also believe that some guys are just mean bastards who would steal from their mother and beat her up for the change; but Lt. Colonel West involved here ain't one of 'em.

We'll see what/how far the Army decides to take any article 32 proceedings... I can understand attending to the matter officially, but anything much more than filing a real nasty "Letter of Reprimand" would probably be beyond tolerance. Anything approaching less than Honorable Discharge and/or Forfeiture of Pay and Allowances will result in some hell for the DOD, here on earth.

That officer does NOT deserve to have his life, career and reputation demolished for safely and effectively discharging his sidearm and "scaring" an enemy whose information was used to timely save lives.

Proportionality...

When we do find Saddam, if he still exists... I don't think the guys are gonna give him more than about one chance to come out with his hands up... if that.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Petition signed thanks
Old 11-08-2003, 07:43 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Mike...

First-off petition signed by (2), the wife also.

Regardless, whom in their right mind wouldn't agree with everything you've stated and/or that basically we should never stoop to the level of the enemy. Besides, not doing so makes people feel more righteous, better and much more superior than the enemy. Unfortunately, such NEVER makes one a TRUE winner.

Still, the days of The Red Barron and where combattants saluted each other even while going down in flames are long gone. And not me,...HISTORY dictates that if you don't fight more viciously and tenaciously that your enemy,...YOU WILL NEVER WIN!!! Again not me,...but HISTORY has proven that fact for over 50 years or over a-half-century and/or the time that the U.S. has wasted MANY American Lives (both military and civilian) NEVER TOTALLY RESOLVING ANYTHING. Well, not satisfactorily for The U.S. Military anyway,...even though always quite satisfactory for politicos, career ruling elite and/or Civilian War Lords.

Again historically,...the last time America ever achieved total victory and totally decimated the enemy was called WWII. Then, one might ask: "Why is that"?

Well Mike,...let me tell you. The reason that in WWII The Allies achieved TOTAL VICTORY is quite simple. Excluding the vicious mass killings on The Russian Front by Nazis,...America and its Allies did just as well at mass killing enemies and destroying cities (even better) as the enemy. That's why We Won. It certainly wasn't because God was on our side, or We were more honorable about warfare, or that we didn't want to hurt the enemies' feelings.

Plus, and here's where we get opinionated and personal. I personally and honestly believe that any nation that subcribes to cockamamie and/or self-defeatingly ONE-SIDED Rules of Engagement, especially against a viciously murderous and mercilessly fanatical enemy,...should stay out of the warfare business and hire mercinaries when needed. It's just not right to send; "America's Finest" self-defeatingly to their deaths, and be more foolishly concerned about enemy prisoners' caring, well being and safety, more so than anything or anyone elses.

Such only makes sense to non-combattant politicos and lawyers. NO ONE ELSE (enemy excluded, since surviving well from such politically-correct warfare,...and indefinitely).

Neil
Old 11-08-2003, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon, THE reason I'd dive into any damn foxhole available anywhere with you if necessary is due to how you said what you said... there MUST be honor in duty, or there can be no duty.

You are a good man Neil... proud as hell to know ya some...

They have not seen nothin' yet...

Do ya remember bro? That old song line, "I''ve forgot more than you'll ever know about her..."

"America, America... God shed his grace on thee... and crown thy good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea."
Old 11-08-2003, 10:52 AM

Default Petition has been signed !

you would think that by now the so-called "powers-that-be" would have graspped the obvious. That is, you cannot treat terrorists like civilized human beings, because they aren't either; they're a couple of levels below pond-scum !!

The use of the threat of eminent death was totally and completely a valid tool by the officer. The fact that he obtained information on an impending ambush and thus saved the lives of untold men proves this. Also, the fact that the prisioner was NOT harmed in any way proves that the officer was not violating any "rules of war" or interogation. Give the man a medal for having the foresight and fortitude to use whatever means available to obtain timely and accurate information on enemy plans and activities.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BLUEHAWK...

A little addition and/or editing at the end of my previous response aside,...I would be glad and honored to have you and the like (re. many others here at patriotfiles.com) at my back, when the shit-hits-the-fan.

Hey,...no disrespect intended any politicos and/or lawyers (both civilian and military). But, and being into survival for me, Mine and All Americans more so than the survival of politicos, lawyers, and even the enemy,...I'm sure you'll understand where I'm-comin-from.

Besides, and even though no one can argue that: "Turn The Other Cheek", sanctimony and even silly political-correctness is well placed in churches, temples and such,...at no time should such niceties predominate warfare.

Don't want to totally destroy or hang a fanatical and murderous enemy and their ruling elite and murderous cadres and achieve TOTAL VICTORY??? Then, stay-the-hell-home and instead send a contingent of UN politicos and/or lawyers (both civilian and military) to waste their time by being BS'd by those usually much wiser than they.

Then too, why be perpetually so wastful with: "America' s Finest"? Why not save them (both practically and physically) for America's defense, safety, borders, terrorists, and even if a foreign conflict arises WHICH ACTUALLY MUST BE WON? Plus, and especially regarding foreign conflicts, The U.S. Military should be ordered to do so with no holds barred and/or without deadly and quite lethal political restraints, as America's civilian and politically-correct War Lords quite normally dictate be done.

Also,...why-the-hell even worry the slightest about rebuilding Iraq in the first place? Except for so many palaces being bombed, prior to the war most people already lived under ancient or in hovel conditions. Besides, wouldn't such vast sums bandied about be better spent on The Military, The Wounded, Their Families and better living conditions, and finally some for Veteran Care and Assistance WHICH ACTUALLY GOES TO VETERANS,...and not just for the betterment of The VA Controllers and The VA Beaurocracy in general.

Sorry for rambling on Mike. But, ...when I get on a role...eh?

Neil :cl:
Old 11-08-2003, 11:45 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hell man, when yer front and center ya best have SOMETHIN' ta say!

Nah... it's just a stupid deal and we pray they come to their senses...