The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2003, 06:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Curiouser and Curiouser

Unlike any other presidential primary in recent history, this one is shaping up to reach new heights in the Weird Department. On the one hand, we have been subjected to the former governor of Vermont, lambasting every other opponent, questioning everything from their testosterone level to their Democratness. And when these same opponents fire back, the little governor runs to the Don Corleone of the DNC, demanding a ceasefire. So the opponents are to glibly accept all of Dean's gaffs, misspeaks, contradictions and flights into left field, and not question his positions, policies or posturing?

On the other hand, but not too far away, is the curious general, the political neophyte, who regularly gets easily overheated when asked to explain his own pronouncements. Wesley Clark, desparately trying to compare himself to Eisenhower, has uttered some real lalapaloosies, yet the press, salivating over Dean's insurgency, has yet to pitch anything other than a softball to El Generalismo.

Naturally, there are other candidates in this crowded morass of misfits, ministers, and mental midgets. But to detail their curious qualities would make this post way too long!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2003, 02:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I agree. Hard to believe we still have 10 more months of all of this nonsense. If the politicians would spend 50% of all the time and energy they spend on getting elected or re-elected for a year, this country and the world would sure be a better place.

Larry
Old 12-31-2003, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default AS reported in the news...

Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean has reached out to the Demo-
cratic national chairman after rebuking him for not stopping at-
tacks by his Democratic rivals. At the same time, those rivals have called Mr. Dean's complaints so much whining, the New York Times reported yesterday.

The flap started Sunday when Mr. Dean publicly knocked DNC chief Terry McAuliffe for failing to tone down criticism from other Democratic presidential hopefuls. On Monday, Mr. Dean phoned Mr. McAuliffe for a "talk," presumably to reconcile ? but details were not revealed, United Press International reports.

The same day, Mr. Dean's opponents simply turned up the heat with even more vigorous criticisms. "What does Howard do now that he is being substantively challenged about his policies and his judgments and various misstatements and retractions?" Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman asked. "He goes to the Demo-
cratic Party leadership and complains we're being mean to him."

Missouri Rep. Richard A. Gephardt agreed. "I didn't scream and yell and say, 'Terry McAuliffe has to save me from these dis-cussions.' That's what you do in elections," Mr. Gephardt said.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-31-2003, 08:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Of the Democratic Party crew, Gephardt sure looks like the voice of reason...Bluehawk said he would win...

Larry

my list with those at the bottom who don't have a chance :

Gephardt
Dean
Lieberman
Clark
Edwards
Kerry
Mosley-Braun
Sharpton
Old 12-31-2003, 08:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry

While I vividly recall Sir Blue's prognostications, the fact of the completely fractured Democrat party still makes it donkey's race. And rumblings within the Dean camp of "If I don't win, I won't play at all" makes the fissures all the more deep. Gephardt's going to have to crank a little (actually, a lot) more excitement into his campaign in order to pull this off, but he's about as exciting as watching wallpaper turn yellow. For pure entertainment value, Sharpton is hard to beat, closely followed by Carol Mostly-Wrong. But for something that only a Stephen King horror flick could emulate, read the Kucinich (sp?) script!

Old 12-31-2003, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Col......

If we assume that the public discord, monkey shines, raspberries and everything but the age-old display of the center digit is the tip of the iceberg then there must be one heck of a powerful food fight going on between the Dean headquarters and the DNC.

The tragedy of all this is that I may have to eat some crow with my thought that Dean would be tamed by the DNC power machinery. Yikes!!!!!, maybe there will be no Dean taming as things just seem to get worser and worser. What to do, what to do?
I know, I?ll send out a commo to all and just say, ?Can?t we all just get along?. That?s the ticket and I won?t have to go looking for crow recipes. It?s good to talk things out and now I feel like a man with a plan.

Scamp
Old 12-31-2003, 01:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I left ol' Dennis the K off my list..anyway he is at the bottom. For sheer entertainment value, I pray Dean gets the nomination. I will probably tune out 90% of all the hoopla, but it will be real hard to avoid. I think Gephardt / Bush would be a welcome change from some of the political-malarkey we have had for the past 30+ years. Maybe they would actually talk about and promise to do something productive !!! LOL ...I plan to vote for a Democratic Presidential candidate ( not sure who yet ) for the first time since Nov. 1976 ( I voted for Carter....and for McGovern in 1972... LOL ) in our Presidential primary on Feb 10. I will vote Libertarian in Nov.

Any of you guys voting in your Primaries ? when are they ?

Larry
Old 12-31-2003, 02:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Scamp

Now, now, now, let me hasten to send comforting thoughts and a very tasty recipe for crow, having had to consume some myself on occasion. But before you go on eBay and buy that cookbook, kindly remember that there are still beaucoup weeks, and buncha boners to be endured before the laurel leaves are awarded to the "winner"! I hasten to put that term in quotation marks, as there appears to be an accompanying cup of hemlock for him to consume. You are quite astute to opine the barroom brawl between Dean and McAullife has been well concealed, but even more miraculous is the instantaneous healing that Dean has experienced for the fight! Probably heeded that advice of "Physician, heal thyself!" Mac better learn how to play nice, as he is about to become unemployed when Dean body-blocks Kerry for the nomination.

Sir Larry, the primaries will be later in the spring, and I seriously doubt that there will be a GOP presidential doin' here in GWB's home state. From what I've seen on the Democrat party side, it's still too early to tell who's going to earn the nomination; so far, it's almost a game of "here, you take it," - "No, you take it.!" I also like much of what the Libertarians offer, but from a paradigm of pragmatism, voting for the Lib. Pres nomination is throwing away a vote.

Old 01-01-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Okay guys and gals

I've said this before and I'm still sticking to it; dean, clark, gephart, etc. will not get the democratic nod for 2004. all the comic relief being offered to the public by these rediculous "choices" for the Democratic Presidential Candidate are just that, mere deversions for the "real" candidate that will be made known during the convention - Hillary Clinton.

The Democratic "leaders" will suddenly come to their senses and realize that not a single one of the seven dwarfs currently running have a snowball's chance in hell of mounting an even remote challenge to President G.W. Bush. They will call upon the convention delegates to ignore these losers and draft dear, sweet Hillary to "save" the party and the US of A. Of course, Hillary will stammer and gush all innocense of this idea, but then will finally submit to the "will of the people".

The only saving grace of this circus act is that not even Hillary will be able to defeat President Bush for a second term. The people of the reat of the US (those outside New York state) have already come see Hillary as what she truely is; a coniving bitch of the first order !

President George W. Bush will win his second term, in a landslide rivaling that of the Nixon-Goldwater fiasco.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !
Old 01-02-2004, 07:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tropo Bro

Good to see you back on line! And I hasten to add that there is at least a degree of plausibility to your comments about the Poster Child for Coyote Ugly. Dean is being viewed more and more by the average Democrat, whoever that might be, as the Chief Lemming destined to lead a bunch of his followers over the cliff. Clark is appearing more and more as the "little general who couldn't", instead of the white knight sent in to save the day; with every pronouncement he makes, I can see why he was relieved from command, and only wonder why his relief didn't come sooner. Gephardt is only slightly less boring that Liebermann, so rule them both out. So maybe Vince Foster's ex-lover will indeed be offered the nomination.

and BTW, I think you meant the LBJ-Goldwater fiasco, right? Remember how people were told, if they voted for Goldwater, there would be a war in Vietnam? Gosh, gee whiz, how correct they were!!