The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Active Duty > Active Duty Personnel

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2018, 09:58 AM

Arrow Body of Maj. Brent Taylor, Utah mayor killed in Afghanistan, returns to US

Body of Maj. Brent Taylor, Utah mayor killed in Afghanistan, returns to US
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News
RE: https://www.foxnews.com/us/body-of-m...ned-to-us-soil

Video of Widow's emotional statement - on site only.
Widow's emotional statement after soldier's remains returned
Raw video: Jennie Taylor delivers statement to press after the dignified transfer of her husband, Major Brent Taylor, at Dover Air Field Base in Delaware. Major Taylor, the mayor of North Ogden and member of the Utah National Guard, was killed in an insider attack in Afghanistan.

The body of Utah mayor and Army National Guard major Brent Taylor arrived in the United States on Election Day -- a somber homecoming his widow called "fitting."

Taylor, who was shot and killed in an insider attack in Afghanistan on Saturday, had only days earlier praised the Afghan people who fearlessly filled up polling stations during that country's parliamentary elections and also exhorted Americans to vote in Tuesday's midterm elections.

“It seems only fitting that Brent, who in death represents so much more, has come home to U.S. soil in a flag-draped casket on our Election Day,” Jennie Taylor said during an eloquent address in which she memorialized the ultimate sacrifice made by her husband. “The price of freedom surely feels incredibly high to those of us who know and love our individual soldier. The value of freedom is immeasurable to those who love American and all she represents."

Jennie ended her remarks by echoing Brent Taylor's call to cast a ballot.

“Brent himself put it best just days ago when he implored of us all, ‘I hope everyone back home exercises their precious right to vote and whether the Republicans or Democrats win I hope that we all remember that we have far more as Americans that unites us than divides us,” she said.

Military officials said the 39-year-old North Ogden mayor was killed in Kabul by an Afghan commando he was training. The assailant was then killed by Afghan forces. Taylor is the eighth American killed in action in Afghanistan this year.

Photo link of Major Bent Taylor killed in Afghanistan 11-3-18: https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxne....jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Maj. Taylor had been expecting to return as Mayor Taylor in January. Aside from his wife, Taylor leaves behind seven children, ranging from 11 months old to 13 years old.

“To say that our hearts are anything less than shattered would be nothing short of true deceit and yet to deny the sacred honor that it is to stand that close to some of the freshest blood that has been spilt for our country would be absolute blasphemy,” Jennie said.

Following news of Taylor's death, condolences poured in from far and wide. One of the letters was written by Maj. Abdul Rahman Rahmani, an Afghan Army Aviation pilot. Rahmani tweeted the letter, which he addressed to Jennie, saying he was a “better person” after meeting Taylor.

“He died on our soil but he died for the success of freedom and democracy in both of our countries,” Rahmani wrote.

Photo link of a letter written to Mrs. Taylor by Abdul Rahman Rahmani. https://twitter.com/rahmanrahmanee/s...946624/photo/1

Dear Mrs. Taylor,

Maj Taylor was my friend. I wrote this letter for his family. I hope this little contribution eases your pain.

Note: this letter was sent to his physical add by one my American mentors. I tried to email too but I failed to find her email.

Taylor, a military intelligence officer with Joint Force Headquarters, served two tours in Iraq and was on his second tour in Afghanistan.

By: The Associated Press contributed to this report.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2018, 10:02 AM

Arrow Afghan Army pilot tells widow that slain US army officer 'taught me to be a better ma

Afghan Army pilot tells widow that slain US Army Officer 'taught me to be a better man'
By: Diana Stancy Correll - November 05, 2018 05:41 PM
RE: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...e-a-better-man

An Afghan National Army pilot praised Maj. Brent Taylor, 39, a member of the Utah Army National Guard who was killed over the weekend in Afghanistan, in a letter he wrote to Taylor’s wife Jennie.

Abdul Rahman Rahmani, who is stationed in Kabul as a major and pilot with the Special Mission Wing and served alongside Brent Taylor, claimed he “taught me to love my wife Hamida as an equal and to treat my children as treasured gifts, to be a better father, to be a better Husban (sic), and to be a better man.”

“I gained a great deal of knowledge from him and I am a better person for having met him,” Rahmani wrote in the letter, which he also shared on Twitter.

“Jennie, please pass my words to your seven children, whom I consider as brothers and sisters to my own five children ...Tell them that their father was a loving, caring, and compassionate man whose life was not just meaningful, it was inspirational,” Rahmani wrote.

Brent Taylor, who was serving in Afghanistan as part of a yearlong leave of absence as mayor of North Ogden in Utah, was killed Saturday in Kabul by an Afghan serving in the country's defense forces, in an apparent insider attack. The tour was his fourth deployment overseas.

According to the NATO-led Resolute Support coalition, Brent Taylor’s attacker was subsequently shot by other Afghan forces.

“I want you all to know that most Afghans feel extreme sorrow and pain over the loss of your husband and father,” Rahmani said. “When you think of our country, and his sacrifice, I can’t imagine your sorrow or sense of loss, but please don’t think that the violent act that took his life is representative of us or our sentiments towards Americans. On behalf of my family and Brent’s friends here in the Special Mission Wing, we pledge to continue to work hard until the end, the day when peace will return to our country and violence and hatred no longer claim the lives of both of our countrymen.”

There are fewer than 14,000 American troops stationed in Afghanistan this year, and they are primarily responsible for advising Afghan forces. Operation Resolute Support Mission was first launched in 2015 after the NATO combat mission formally ended the year before.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote