The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War II

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2002, 10:21 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Civil war games

There is a board game called Gettysburg. Just setting up can take hours. We only went through the whole fight once but it really did give you a feel for what happened. Looking at what really occurred, it seems Ewell, Sickles and a few others should have been hung, shot and then put on trial. That game got me to read a few books on Longstreet. Came away with the opinion that Longstreet was no Patton, he was a Bradley.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2002, 06:32 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default That's it

Andy,
I have that game. It is one of many games made on that "GBACW" system that I was talking about, but we are on the wrong board to talk about Civil War games.

chilidog
Attached Images
File Type: gif semperfidelis.gif (20.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 01-28-2003, 11:02 PM

drifter
could not have discribed the sugnificance of midway and better. I lost my Dad in o1 and he served on the big E from 41-43 i am very proud of him and his generation. i was drafted in 70 served till 74 . I just sent off my nephew with the 6th marine eng.support last week will most likly end up in the gulf. Praying for safe return and victory.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy!

We certainly are twin sons of different mothers. Scares me sometimes.

I was also into wargaming for awhile. Afrika Corps, D-Day, and Midway were my favorites.

As for Midway.........you are correct that it is almost impossible to win for the Americans. I did once, but only through luck. Finding them first and literally catching my oponent with his planes on the deck. Now, he was not a very good oponent, but I did it non-the less.

Won D-Day through Normandy once and believe it or not, it was the use of my Paratroopers that saved the day. Tried to hit at Calis once. Got destroyed. One guy beat me once, when I was the German, by going through southern france....did the "Champage Campaign". I was pissed cause I didn't defend it thinking he would try a head to head thing. I was dumber than Hitler on that one.

Also played Anzio once in Maine with my buddy there. He said he was the king and had never been beaten as the German. I beat him with almost no casualties. He had been in the Navy.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)