The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2009, 05:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What real Americans believe.

There was an English lord in the early 1800's that thought that the idea of the common people deciding how the government was outrageous, governments should be run by the elite of a country becuase the common man was too ignorant to make the proper decisions. So he set out to prove it. He looked around for a place they congegated and decided on a county fair. At this fair he set up a booth with a very large ox in it and offered to award a prize to the man that could accurately judge its weight to the pound.. After the fair was over he loudly proclaimed he had won his point because no bumpkin had guessed the weight. But he missed the point. Someone added up all the weights and divided them by the number of guesses and came up with an average that was accurate to the pound. The point is the mass of the people had very good judgement even if the individuals did not.

The wisdom of electorate was most eloquently voiced by Abraham Lincoln when he said, "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time". It is from these roots that the concept of the sacredness of the electorial process was derived. I think it is summed up in the saying after the election, "The people have spoken"

It is for these reasons that it is impossible to have an overthrow of an elected government without setting up a dictatorship. That is what elections are for, revolutions. That is what voting is for. And if the people vote to do something contrary to what you want it is your moral obligation to accept it but also to campaign against in the next election. That is the one thing in this world I would take up weapons to defend.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The moment of truth for any armed revolt is this. It always comes down to you having in your sights a soldier of your country. In our country that soldier has taken an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. By DEFINITION anyone trying to overthrow an elected government is a domestic enemy of the Constitution. So then you decide, pull the trigger and kill one of you own soldiers or not, overthrow the greatest form of government ever concieved or defend it.

When I got back from Vietnam I was so angry at my country I entertained the idea of striking back at it. But I went through the above process and instead found an new love for this very flawed system. It is the only system on earth that formally recognizes the people's right to overthrow their government every four years and provides a method to do that. Therefore it is the only government in the world that it is always unnecessary to violently overthrow.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What if that government has become so venile, so corrupt, so ridden with evil that the normal electoral process doesn't work? What if that evil government has so corrupted the electoral process that any change through normal channels is impossible? And if that evil government continually violates God's laws, what are decent men to do?

Our forefathers viewed the British overlords with almost the same disdain as I see the current government. The early colonists were subject to the legal government at the time, but the various and onerous conditions caused them to take up arms against the Crown. And obviously, the sentiment wasn't unanimous; many Tories reported the Revolutionists, and many freedom lovers went to the gallows.

While I respect the normal electoral process, I also know how easily it can and in many instances, has been corrupted. In Texas, the first senatorial election of LBJ was corrupted to the point that one ballot box was stuffed with fraudulent ballots, giving him the election win by 16 votes. We knew him as "Landslide Lyndon." His crooked ways and total lack of ethics led ultimately to 58,000 names on a black granite wall.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1Cav...,

Just like penned in U.S. Constitution or printed on paper or in text,...VOTING in general or on the surface seems like a wonderful solution for MOST EVERYTHING in America.

But, Our Forefathers & other oldtime Great American Leaders could never have imagined in a million years,...just how quick the high tech speed & rapidity of Even National Take-Overs COULD BE (Actually occured here in America.) THESE DAYS. Plus realities daily occuring will always trump even finest of wishful thinking texts,...any day of the week.

Hitler & Mussolini had to actually politicize or duplicitously work behind the scenes & take a few heads or such for YEARS & YEARS to achieve TOTAL CONTROL OVER "THEIR" ENTIRE NATIONS. Here such was merely & simply accomplished by LOTS of slick or tight-to-vest campaigning, LOTS of money & LOTS of press help & censorings also,...and all such pretty-much STILL going on TO DATE.

Then too and since: "No Spring Chicken" here, I've never heard of Many Laws (if any?) Lordly Forced Down The U.S. Taxpayers' Throats EVER BEING RESCINDED?

So then, and since now obviously suffering an exceptionally Total Marxist Take-over such as would even have pleased Old Stalin at how quickly such could easily be accomplished these days,...I personally no longer see very much benefit to VOTING.

Ever hear that old: "Just too-little, too-late" expression or new one just thought up of: Tyrants & Cliques just don't fade away easily,...and especially when controlling The Vote. How come The Press here SOLELY made-a-big-deal about Iran's Rigged Election? Wasn't America's Fraudulent & Rigged Election as important enough covering?

Also, ACORN Thugs protecting America's Voting Process & Polls (as solely reported on FNC or Fox News channel - Where else?),...not all that very reassuring for America's Voting Process, either.

Neil
Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CAVCCO15MED View Post
The moment of truth for any armed revolt is this. It always comes down to you having in your sights a soldier of your country. In our country that soldier has taken an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. By DEFINITION anyone trying to overthrow an elected government is a domestic enemy of the Constitution. So then you decide, pull the trigger and kill one of you own soldiers or not, overthrow the greatest form of government ever concieved or defend it.

You are making a rather large assumption: that the soldier allegedly being aimed at is going to take orders to kill a fellow citizen. If the government has become so corrupt, those soldiers will also realize it, and most of them will join the revolution.

When I got back from Vietnam I was so angry at my country I entertained the idea of striking back at it. But I went through the above process and instead found an new love for this very flawed system. It is the only system on earth that formally recognizes the people's right to overthrow their government every four years and provides a method to do that. Therefore it is the only government in the world that it is always unnecessary to violently overthrow.
Your anger was very much misplaced. The government can be a very amorphous thing; maybe what you were angry with were those faceless bureaucrats and a few gutless politicians that represented the government. You make a very large assumption, that every four years, we get someone better than the last four years. That's utter horsecrap.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote