The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2005, 05:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Random Bag Searches on American Public Transportation

Okay... nobody else has said it, so I will.

Random Bag Searches on American Public Transportation.

I'm all for it, and for cameras in any public place they wish to put them.

On C-Span's WASHINGTON JOURNAL this morning they had a call-in forum about this topic.

One guy from Jersey called in to complain that he knew of a recent time when there had been some random bag searches on the subway out there. He said, "Only 3 or 4 thousand weapons were found in all those searches!"

Oh gee, "only" 3 OR 4 thousand!

Hell, reason enough to shitcan the whole idea.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2005, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If you ain't got nuthin' to hide, don't sweat no searchin'! Or words to that effect. Lest all the whining civil rights freaks start flapping their gums, there is no right to walk the streets totally unfettered, since there are no absolute rights save in a vacuum. If it will help catch and execute an terrorist, let them tap my phones, read my emails, search my bags, and help me do the grocery shopping.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-25-2005, 11:31 AM

Chances of catching a terrorist are very small. After all, ya can't profile..bet there'll be a lot of blue eyed, elderly Swedish nuns stopped & searched.

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hmmmmm...Memphis is over run with illegal aliens, as are most of the big cities in this wonderful country. How about sealing the southern border first ?

Larry
Old 08-15-2005, 06:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The subject of this thread is the direct result of how political correctness has clouded not only our judgement, but threatens our very survival. With the ACLU and other leftist organizations screaming how we can't profile people, bombers are either infiltrating our country, are organizing those already in our country, or making getting ready to execute the plans they have already created. As others has said, it ain't Swedish nuns, sweet little Irish grandmas, and paraplegic lepers who are the threats to our nation, but Islamofacists that are Muslims men between the ages of 12 and 85.

It is a terminally stupid waste of time, surveillance, and effort to search, even randomly search backpacks or other potiential bomb carrying objects. Look for likely suspects, i.e., Muslim males between........ And like the London police, when in doubt, shoot the SOB, and if wrong, apologize profusely and keep looking.....

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-15-2005, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Some guy in OK was caught with a pipe bomb he said he "forgot" he had in there. It wasn't caugt by a search but by a scan.

I havn't a darn thing to hide so they can search my bag/purse any time they want to, right along with my room if they have to.

There are allot of things that could be better in this country but its still the best.