The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Iraq

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2019, 06:46 AM

Angry US Troops In Mideast Are Unwelcome Guests Fighting For Freedoms That No One Wants

US Troops In Mideast Are Unwelcome Guests Fighting For Freedoms That No One Wants
By: Benjamin Minick - International Business Times - 12-31-19
Re: https://www.ibtimes.com/us-troops-mi...-wants-2894284

Personal note: If this article is true then what in hell are we doing there? Is it because of oil or ? Any country that doesn't want us there I would suspect I'd pull out and let them get their ass kicked by someone else!! It can't be that important to stay there if no one wants us there?

Story below that was just posted:

Countries from Iraq to Lebanon are in an uproar and the governments there are screaming to kick the U.S. military out of the area after precision airstrikes on an Iranian-backed militia's weapons caches. Thousands of protesters, allowed in through security checkpoints, attacked the U.S. embassy in Baghdad Tuesday.

There are some 5,000 troops still quartered in and around Baghdad. They are thereby invitation of the Iraqi government. There are thousands more U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria, fighting alongside regional allies to prevent a revival of the Islamic State in the region. But all that may change soon. Iraq’s National Security Council has indicated that it will have to review its cooperation with the U.S. as Iran's proxies stoke public anger against the United States.

That may be a good thing considering that the militia that attacked U.S. troops is also the same one that is tasked to protect them. It started Friday, Dec. 27, when the Iranian-backed Kataeb Hezbollah attacked a U.S. base near Kirkuk, killing an American contractor. The U.S. military responded with a defensive airstrike on five positions held by the militia. Three of those positions were located in Iraq, and two were located in Syria. The strikes killed 25 people and injured 55.

The fact is the U.S. may have no real allies here, except perhaps the Kurds. Those who hope democracy, aid money, and U.S. military muscle will bring peace to the Middle East are sadly out of touch with the reality of the region.

A Kurdish immigrant living in Fargo, North Dakota, who gave his name only as Falleh G, explained the situation recently: "Iran, Iraq, Syria are all the same. On the surface, they all plead for help when they need it, but under it all, they are the same. They all hate the West. Iran pulls the strings because of their nuclear energy and weapons. If you want to know the truth, they are all Iran."

The man now works as a mechanic in Fargo. "I came to America after the war in Iraq, where I served as an interpreter for the U.S. from 2003 to 2011 by doing this, I put my family in danger, all of them were killed except for my wife," Falleh G explained. "When my job was done I could not return home and survive so they let us come here in 2013."

But he was more than just an interpreter for the U.S. troops in Iraq. "Before the war [the Iraq war that started in 2003 with the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq], I would move weapons for them [the Iraqis] -- all types of chemical, biological and some unknown," he explained. "I am from Mosul and was forced to work for Saddam Hussein. I knew the country and my people lived on both sides of the border. They would give us money and freedom to move.

"I did this from 1995 to 2000. Then the U.N. came in looking for weapons, but by that point, they had all been traded or moved but they did exist. The only difference now is Saddam is dead -- like my family -- and Iran now has the attention of the world. The U.S. has given them martyrs to stir up the hate -- but they deserved it [the air strikes].

Iran funds several militias in the area and provides them with weapons and guidance; these proxy armies then strike U.S. and allied assets, and Iran gets to pretend like they know nothing. On the world stage, they cry about economic sanctions; behind closed doors, they wink and plot. The attack that elicited the American airstrikes was actually the eleventh such attack in the last two months.

"I only worry now that everyone will go to war," said Falleh. "Israel has always been a target for everyone. They are the little U.S., and Saddam and Iran have all launched weapons there and will again. It is very dangerous now, worse than before. All it will take is a few wrong words."

Though it may just be one man's story, it bodes true. Iran has attacked multiple targets with its proxy militias, infiltrated Iraq, and a large portion of the world with its Quds forces. The signs definitely point in a particular direction. But the court of public opinion always wants proof, usually, of the stockpile of weapons variety (Did anyone ever check Iran?). A little blood on the sand is never enough to sway the armchair generals of the world.

Sergeant John Teague, with the U.S. special forces in the region, says: "If the general public actually saw what we see, things would have been shut down a long time ago. The politicians here are just like anywhere else, talking heads full of hot air that only chase after money and power. We see what they are doing and will be ready for them when the time comes."

The fact is, there will never be a clear victor when a shooting war erupts. The killing will go on until the regional governments and proxies are left to their own devices.

Falleh makes a comment that is at once insightful and scary, "The idea of democracy there is stupid. Religion governs everything, fundamentally they all believe the same thing. I chose to come here and be free, and I love it. They will never accept democracy no matter how much money you give them."

"The only price they will accept is the blood of anyone who interferes. Don't believe Washington or anyone else that says the people want something different. Wanting some help getting rid of a ruthless leader is one thing, oh wait, ask Syria about that. nevermind that guy is still there, and so is Russia."

They love U.S. money but hate everything about the West? Perhaps pulling out the U.S. troops and actually applying sanctions might be the way to go. Bloodshed and violence can be necessary, but it sure seems like a waste when everywhere you turn your life is in danger, you don't know who the real enemy is, and people that are supposed to protect you fire rockets at you while you are eating. Blood on the sand? Let it be their own.

Most of the media ignore a significant screaming fact: Iran has been pulling strings and shaping the situation since 2016. Things were becoming relatively stable in Iraq when the U.S. pulled out of the nuclear deal with Iran, and then things started to go sideways. Political discontent turned into full-blown civil unrest in Iraq, resulting in the removal of its leadership -- a turmoil that the Iranians used to cover the fact that they were smuggling missiles into the country.

On one side the Iranians want sanctions lifted, and on the other, they allude to nuclear war. Iran has harassed the U.S. Navy on several occasions in international waters and reactivated its biggest reactor in an attempt to bully the U.S. with fear.

The U.S. military is growing weary of fighting the same wars. This has been going on for almost 20 years in Iraq. They will do whatever the President tells them to do but they are also ready to come home. Morale went up significantly when the drawdown was announced but that has dropped to a dull roar as things have begun to escalate.

(Benjamin Minick writes on military and defense and is an expert with several years of experience in Middle East policy and military tactics. The opinions expressed are the author's.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: Why again are we there? If they don't want us let some other country come in Like Russia - China - North Korea or whomever else they think can handle this continuous upheaval in these areas. Let them go back to pounding sand and killing each other - they don't want peace - what the hell do they want?

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2019, 07:08 AM

Angry Watch: Hero US Military Embassy Guards Remain in Place During Attack

Watch: Hero US Military Embassy Guards Remain in Place During Attack
By: Cortney O'Brian - Townhall News - 12-31-19
Re: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...uards-n2558736

Personal note: Once again I say if they don't want us there - why are we? What's do damn important to stay in a country whose people don't want us there?!

See this thread below.

Supporters of an Iran-backed militia have attacked the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, Iraq just two days after the U.S. carried out airstrikes in Iraq and Syria against Kataeb Hezbollahin in retaliation for the killing of a U.S. contractor near Kirkuk, Iraq on Friday. The militia also injured four U.S. troops and two members of the Iraqi Security Forces. The protesters were shouting, "Death to America!" as they stormed the U.S. compound on Tuesday.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) shared a video of a dozen military guards at the embassy courageously remaining in place as the attack continued, and asked his followers to pray for them.

An email from Marco Rubio: Pray for these brave young Americans who remain at their post at the Embassy in Baghdad while an Iranian directed mob attacks the embassy.

The U.S. should employ whatever it takes to secure their safety & the safety of all Americans inside the compound.
Video link: https://twitter.com/NewsBreaking/sta...uards-n2558736

Rubio added that he knows exactly who's behind today's attack, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, and that they are "not above carrying out false flag sniper fire against its own militia surrogates or even bystanders in order to have the U.S. blamed."

Email link again from Marco Rubio: It’s beyond dispute that these Shia militias in #Iraq aren’t just “backed” by #Iran, they are directed & controlled by them. Any attacks by them are the direct work of Iran’s #IRGC

Last April the Trump administration officially designated the IRGC as a foreign terrorist organization, the first time that the U.S. had ever named a part of another government as such.

"This unprecedented step, led by the Department of State, recognizes the reality that Iran is not only a State Sponsor of Terrorism, but that the IRGC actively participates in, finances, and promotes terrorism as a tool of statecraft," the president's statement read. "The IRGC is the Iranian government’s primary means of directing and implementing its global terrorist campaign.

"This action sends a clear message to Tehran that its support for terrorism has serious consequences."

President Trump emphasized that point after the New Year's Eve attack, warning the regime that it will be held fully responsible.

Email from Trump: Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo defended the U.S. airstrikes against the Iran-backed militia on Monday, explaining that they were a "defensive action" intended to protect American interests in the Middle East and deter Iran.

This is the only way to get their attention, Sen. Rubio explained.

Another email by Rubio: Argument from #Iraq govt (& some in U.S.)that we brought embassy attack on ourselves by striking #Iran’s proxies is garbage

They’ve been firing at us for weeks & killed an American

We should just let them continue without responding in only language these people understand?

Rubio added that he knows exactly who's behind today's attack, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, and that they are "not above carrying out false flag sniper fire against its own militia surrogates or even bystanders in order to have the U.S. blamed."

Another email by Rubio: It’s beyond dispute that these Shia militias in #Iraq aren’t just “backed” by #Iran, they are directed & controlled by them. Any attacks by them are the direct work of Iran’s #IRGC

Last April the Trump administration officially designated the IRGC as a foreign terrorist organization, the first time that the U.S. had ever named a part of another government as such.

"This unprecedented step, led by the Department of State, recognizes the reality that Iran is not only a State Sponsor of Terrorism, but that the IRGC actively participates in, finances, and promotes terrorism as a tool of statecraft," the president's statement read. "The IRGC is the Iranian government’s primary means of directing and implementing its global terrorist campaign.

"This action sends a clear message to Tehran that its support for terrorism has serious consequences."

President Trump emphasized that point after the New Year's Eve attack, warning the regime that it will be held fully responsible.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo defended the U.S. airstrikes against the Iran-backed militia on Monday, explaining that they were a "defensive action" intended to protect American interests in the Middle East and deter Iran.

Rubio states in another email: Argument from #Iraq govt (& some in U.S.)that we brought embassy attack on ourselves by striking #Iran’s proxies is garbage

They’ve been firing at us for weeks & killed an American

We should just let them continue without responding in only language these people understand?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: Again I state what in hell is so important about Iraq that we put our troops lives in such jeopardy. To me - if they didn't us there - then why are we? Do they think that another country would do better than us - if so - fine - pull out and let them go to hell in a hand-basket. What do we loose over there - other than our people - for a country whose people don't want us there. This is a catch 22 - day after day over there. We can't police an entire country when the mindset is there to counter our every move. Our guys are live bait for them to pick them off day after day. This crap has been going on for decades and we still pounding sand and leaving our kids blood there as well. Someone has got to tell me why this hell-hole country deserves our American soldiers blood in the sand.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote