The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Memorials

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2019, 08:05 AM

Thumbs up Went to the Munster, IN Veterans Memorial this morning

Went to the Munster, IN Veterans Memorial this morning
11-11-19

I got up about 5:30 AM this morning it was snowing like a bandit. Got dressed and put on my winter garb and I drove over to the memorial about 7 AM. Nobody there yet too early for most. Snowing like mad. Made my rounds to the WW1 memorial for my Grandpa, continued over to WWII memorial for my Dad Army, Uncle(s): Air Force - Chuck, Navy - Uncle Lee, Uncle Bill - Marines, Uncle Tootie - Navy - Apphia (Army Nurse). By then I had about 2-3" of snow on my coat and hat. Went to the Korean Memorial - Uncle Bill - Marines was in that war as well (Uncle Bill suffered a lot after those two wars he was never OK when he came home - he never married and died in bed at home.

Went on the Viet Nam Memorial: My brother Larry - Army (VN died from AO), Jimmy Army (my wifes Brother (deceased from A.O.), Booty Boot - USN, Diggins - USN (deceased), Morris-USN, Alwine-USN, King USN, Pineapple USN (blown over the side - deceased) and George - Marines (my buddy from school days KIA in Vietnam- and many more flashed into my head. I stood there fore the longest time and the snow was now almost 3" on my hat and coat. Nobody else had shown up yet - I get there really early so that I can have my personal moments alone and think about them all. For as long as I remember them they are not truly gone - but live on in my memories and will till the day I die. Brave men (young men mostly) we were then - but all dedicated to our country & service and to our duty as members of the United States - Marines, Air Force, Army, and Navy. We covered the bases and we each did our jobs.

Most are gone - but not forgotten. Service - Duty and the Honor to serve our Country as so many others had done before us. The names on the bricks go on and on. They all believed that what they were doing was not just for the US but for their families and friends. You can't ask for more than that.

All were the best and true American's they were and still are. Without people like them the world could be a very different place today.

Most say Veterans Day is just another Holiday - To those that served it's a reminder that Freedom isn't Free - you must always remember that - and remember those serving today deserve our gratitude for their service to our country. The ones we lose will never be forgotten and the many that were wounded will be cared for by those who've served to protect our freedoms and our country - at all times.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links