The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2002, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Packman

Tom, I gave examples of what Might be seen as a left wing issues, the environment along with aid to dependant children and state run pre-school. Of course you can be a conservative who is pro-something that is seen as liberal, the environment is one of those issues which is associated with liberals, that?s why I said I hate labels. Also, as you know I'm just a dumb cop (ex cop), I wouldn't try to be so presumptous as to enlighten you, unless we were talking about Saigon working girls.

To further the point, I?m pro-choice. Federal money going to local schools is a good thing but only when the locals decide what to do with the dollars. I?m pro gun control as it relates to people with a criminal records and see no reason why you should own a brick of cop killer ammo for your .357. A time delay on purchasing weapons so records can be well checked seems prudent. People with SUV?s should be required to obtain a bus license. Helmet requirements for motorcycles and seatbelt laws violate my right to choice.
Of course I?m for a strong military and think the UN should be HQed in Nepal. I have never voted for a Democrat, however if there aren?t any good Republicans, like some of people from my state I vote for George O?Brien (that?s a private joke amongst some of us Yankees).

So, other than "screwed up", what label should I wear?

Your right about the way-way left and right. Barry Goldwater probably never had a chance in ?64. But saying, ??extremism in the defense of democracy is no vice? was his death knell. Extremism in the defense of anything is an inherent vice.
Then again, I could be wrong.

Stay healthy,
Andy, a member of the Nazi-Quaker Party
PS: In some quarters, the government sending checks to people is seen as a liberal thing. Thus some people might see VA benifits as a liberal idea. In that case label me liberal. However, I still hate labels.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2002, 12:59 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Welcome!

To the MP (if your`re still here) from a card-carrying member of "The Great Right Wing Conspiracy".I believe that loggers and hunters were the first true conservationists..

Peace,Griz
Old 05-31-2002, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimpy

And who was it that urinated in your coffee cup to get you so upset? Is it just your opinion that I'm condescending, or do you have some slight modicum of proof to your spurious allegations? And no, I haven't a clue about what got James' lather all foamed up either; I haven't been at this site for weeks, and all of a sudden, here's this poison-pen drivel from you and James. Is that the typical way a liberal deals with the opposition, - just start calling names? How intelligent; somehow I expected something at a higher level from you, and I'm truly disappointed. Guess I'm not the excellent judge of character that I thought I was.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:24 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-01-2002, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The "PEN" is more mighty than the "SWORD"!

Guess I found out I can chop up things (and folks) with my tongue a little better than I can can with my handy ol axe, huh?

Just because we may differ somewhat in our political persuasions does NOT give me the right to call old Superscout names. For that I apologize. I suppose I just walked into that "discussion" in the wrong frame of mind. I've been undergoing treatment at my local VA hospital for "anger management" and had just come in from a "session" that didn't go very well when I started reading all that crap about Super and James. It appears (according to my shrink) I have some long standing "issues" with my old commanding officer regarding some orders we received the night I got wounded in Nam--and the subsequent years of pain and suffering I've endured since then, as well as a current "issue" with reagrds to VA medical treatment. He (Super) just happened to be the first officer in my "sights" when I came on-line that day. That still does not excuse my behavior. I'm working on it, is all I can say bout that!

I do however think that it may NOT be very advantageous for me to "engage" in certain discussions for while.

Anyway, I shouldn't have "hammered" Super the way I did.

Best regards to all,

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:42 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Steve,

Here's a *hug* for you. We love you brother. Please take care k? sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-01-2002, 11:50 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Gimp

An honorable statement,my friend

Peace,Griz
Old 06-01-2002, 02:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default PM to Gimpster

As I wrote to him, among other things, apology accepted!! And contrary to what some believe(d), not all officers were a$$holes!
Attached Images
File Type: gif austin.gif (16.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 06-01-2002, 03:43 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

No and the ones I have known through this medium have been more than kind to me, that includes you, Bits, LT and Marinevet. Here's a pic my friend Bit's drew representing his time in Nam.

Old 06-02-2002, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard Cwilkins,
I recently read the book "Battle for Saigon" by William Keith Nolan. Have you read it? You must have been in it.

chilidog