Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Obama Suddenly Remembers: He Almost Joined the Military

Obama Suddenly Remembers: He Almost Joined the Military

Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:57:57 am PDT
He’s never mentioned it before, not even in two autobiographies, but Barack Obama has suddenly remembered that he considered joining the military.
Obama disclosed that he had once considered serving in the military.
“You know, I actually did,” Obama said. “I had to sign up for Selective Service when I graduated from high school. And I was growing up in Hawaii. And I have friends whose parents were in the military. There are a lot of Army, military bases there.
“And I actually always thought of the military as an ennobling and, you know, honorable option. But keep in mind that I graduated in 1979. The Vietnam War had come to an end. We weren’t engaged in an active military conflict at that point. And so, it’s not an option that I ever decided to pursue.”
UPDATE at 9/7/08 926 am:
Just one problem with Obama’s little story.
Registration for selective service was Selective_Service_System Selective_Service_System.
On March 25, 1975, Pres. Gerald Ford signed Proclamation 4360, Terminating Registration Procedures Under Military Selective Service Act, eliminating the registration requirement for all 18-25 year old male citizens. Then on July 2, 1980, President Jimmy Carter signed Proclamation 4771, Registration Under the Military Selective Service Act, retroactively re-establishing the Selective Service registration requirement for all 18-26 year old male citizens born on or after January 1, 1960. Only men born between March 29, 1957, and December 31, 1959, were completely exempt from Selective Service registration. The first registrations after Proclamation 4771 took place on Monday, July 21, 1980, for those men born in January, February and March 1960 at U.S. Post Offices.
(Hat tip: Jammie.)
UPDATE at 9/7/08 1033 am:
Several readers have emailed to point out that when Selective Service was reinstated in 1980, it was retroactive, so that Obama would have been required to register at that time. But the fact remains that Obama said he was required to register “when he graduated,” and that’s simply not true.
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/
Old 09-07-2008, 01:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Aw, com on!

What's a little fudging of the truth here and there? It almost sounds as good as, "Actually, I voted for it, before I voted against it." For Barack Hussein Obama, it's make up the biography as he goes along, more of the condensending statements he made before a crowd of Left Coast elitists, but changing his tune while addressing folks in Middle America. Me? I'm just still clinging to my guns and my religion.... heh, heh, heh.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rightful Questioners,...

Any nit-pickin or question of dates aside,...............
WHAT or WHOSE army did Barack Hussein Obama Jr. ACTUALLY:"Consider joining"?

Was it his initial Muslim father's army and/or The Kenyan Army?
Or was it his Wahabi Muslim Stepfather's Indonesian Terrorist Army?

Whichever, just will never believe that either of his Muslim Fathers would have approved
of his joining The U.S. Army? Do you?

Neil