The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2003, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Another Proud American

Our middle son wrote this when he was 17 years old and he also won 1st prize in a VFW contest for this. Now he is 31 and is in law enforcement!

Being an American is far more than just your place of residence. It is the end result of over 214 years of Blood, Sweat and Tears. It was the hope felt by the Pilgrims when they first set foot on that Rock in Plymouth, Massachusetts. This was the FIRST small step for man, a pioneering leap for mankind

It was the penning of the Mayflower Compact that established a set of rules that would eventually flower into the world?s first real experiment in Democracy.

Being an American is to be proud. Proud of our forefathers, who braved harsh winters, and hostile musket fire in places like Lexington and Valley Forge in open defiance of the corrupt in- equities of the late 18th Century.

This pride and courage would surface again and again over the Two Centuries of our existence in places like Monterey, Mexico during the Mexican War, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania during the Civil War, San Juan Hill of the Spanish American War, Belleau Wood during World War 1, Normandy of World War 2, the Chosin Reservoir of Korea and the Battle for Hue in Vietnam. The list goes on and on, running red through the pages of history books and time itself.

Being an American , however, was not all war and hardship. There was the pride felt when an American was the first to step foot on the Moon, or when Dr. Salk conquered Polio, a disease that destroyed a multitude of American Lives and dreams.

Being an American is many things, including our mistakes, and we have made many, but being truly great in mind and spirit, we have learned from those mistakes and arose like the Phoenix, twice as strong as we were before we fell! Achievement also adds to my swelling pride in Americanism. We pioneered a hostile wilderness, crossed mighty rivers and towering mountains. We braved endless deserts and the forces of nature. All of this and more was done to achieve Our Manifest Destiny.

Some say, that the American Dream is tired, worn out, and beyond its life time. They burn Our Flag, defile our name, and spit upon the very Nation that embraces them with Love and Freedom. To these fools, I offer my sympathy, for they have not learned from the toil of their forefathers. Yet, they cheerfully accept the fruits of these labors. Were it not for the very system that they seek to destroy, they would be denied their rights under our Constitution to engage in this vial attack against our Nation, our Flag, and all else that encompasses the rights and duties that are all part of being an American.

Sure we?re not perfect and we are not always right, but we are always Americans, ?AND THAT?S ENOUGH !!" So lift your head in pride America, for no man can dominate or control you! No nation can quiet you, and no system can run you. ?THE BILL ON THESE RIGHTS HAS BEEN MARKED- PAID IN FULL!!? Not only by the heroes of the past, present and future, but by the common man, who through his devotion and pride has left our Great Nation just a little better for his having been here. ?Why Am I Proud To Be An American ?? How Could Anyone Not Be ?

?PRIDE IS ANOTHER NAME FOR AMERICA !!"
Old 05-26-2003, 07:55 AM

Outstanding!
Nuf said.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

great read always great to read something worthwhile
Old 05-20-2004, 01:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

THOUGHT YOU GUYS MIGHT LIKE TO READ THIS AGAIN!!!

MRS. HARDCORE
Old 06-28-2004, 12:21 PM

Thank you Mrs. Hardcore. I think his words belong with those others put down on paper many years ago when our nation was first formed, and not many thought we would survive. Well;
look at us now.
I am going to copy his words and, in the future, when I
begin to Waver a bit, reviewing them will straighten me out.
Long last the Patriots
Old 06-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Doc.2/47

Excellent!
I know you're proud of him.Thank you for shareing this.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Yes, my husband and I are very proud of him as well as our other two sons, three grandsons and one grand-daughter.

Mrs. H
Old 05-24-2005, 12:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

MEMORIAL DAY IS UPON US AGAIN AND I THOUGHT YOU GUYS MIGHT LIKE TO RE-READ THIS BY MY SON. TODAY, THAT SON IS 33 YEARS OLD WITH 2 CHILDREN OF HIS OWN.

MRS H.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:03 PM

HC

As posted earlier - I wish you and the Mrs. a Happy Veterans Day too. Your son is as old as my oldest daughter and she just had her first kid about 8 months ago.

You're a great American and you can tell it by your writings and how you stand up for the common good of all mankind. Your readings have always been one of my favorite topics.

Normally by the time you get done writing your thread there isn't much more to say - since you've covered in such detail. You are quite talented and one hell of a good writer. You should be doing a book -

Mine went on hold - too many family things and work has me going 10 to 12 hours a day. Wife having some surgery on her back tomorrow this has me worried as well. She's got a bent spine and they can do anything but try to numb some of the pain. Poor kid has really suffered the last five years. It's progressive and soon she will be in a wheel chair. I have
much on my mind lately. But I try to keep a positive attitude and
have to remember many others have it worse off than me.

I too will be thinking of you all this holiday and I hope you will think of me once and awhile too.

God Bless and watch over you all.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

BOATS -

You are really a good man my friend, and you will always have our best wishes and prayers! Also, we sincerely wish your wife a speedy recovery on her ailment!

"God Bless You All!"

RICK