The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down A Fascination With Royalty

5-11-2018

Some people might say that a fascination with royalty is nothing to be concerned about?

After all, we are all raised up with tales about kings and queens, emperors and potentates!

When however, some of our own politicians begin to flirt around with the idea of extending their terms or unlimited time in office, then I still say that maybe their probes are not quite as innocent as they may appear on the surface?

I had thought that the illustrious George Washington had put this dangerous idea to rest well over two centuries ago, when, as history claims, he declined to serve more than two terms? Well, I am here to tell you that in peace time, there ain’t no politician that is so indispensable as to rate a third term in office, even if some of them do mistakenly believe that they are indeed “The Second Coming of Christ?”

We are “The United States of America” people and even with a few hiccups along the way, our system has worked out pretty well thus far, even if there have been those who considered themselves (at times) to be irreplaceable, but then I guess that anyone is entitled to be delusional?

So when some fool does romance the idea that they are so magnificent as to rate a never-ending term of office, might I remind them that they are not George Washington or Abraham Lincoln!!

Hardcore
Old 05-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Arrow

HC -

I second that - limit terms and get "THE OLD WOOD" out! Plus no full time pensions get out and get a job. Buy your own health care - pay taxes enjoy the struggle it's part of life for the rest of us - so its good enough for you too!

P.S. you want to be a LIFER join the service otherwise get out and earn your keep. No more milking the system for your personal gains and favors.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote