The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2003, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I caught a trout...

Well actually 4 of them. I had a great time near Heber Springs, Arkansas this past weekend. It was kind of chilly on Saturday and I got skunked, fish-wise. I was fishing near the Swinging Bridge Resort where the world record brown trout ( 40 lbs ) was caught a few years ago. Hard to believe fish as big as 20, 30 or 40 lbs can live in such a shallow stream. We went 15 miles down river the next day and I caught 4 rainbow trout. We were fishing with 2 lb test line and some of the smallest hooks I have ever seen. We were using powerbaits..sort of smelly artificial salmon eggs and some other smelly stuff you mold into a doughball like deal. I was able to catch one on a night crawler. I saw someone catch one live with a fly rod. Something I always wanted to do. I had to give the fish away as we had to leave shortly thereafter and I didn't feel like cleaning them. Strangest thing..somebody stole my old Wal-Mart coat out of our truck on Sunday. I had forgot to lock it. They left my wife's much more expensive fleece coat...go figure..I saw some trout fisherman in some very expensive rigs..waders, vests, rods....Lots of fun.

Larry
Old 10-28-2003, 09:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Congrats on the fishin' trip, Sounds like a great fishin' trip Larry . I was stationed not too far from Heber Springs from 81-84(LittleRock AFB,Jacksonville Ark.) and we would all pile in one car and go to Heber Springs at 2-3 in the morning on Friday nite in the summer and have a great ole' time . Thanks for the Memories you helped bring back and Larry It must have been Ernest T Bass that stole your jacket
Old 10-28-2003, 10:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Larry

Come on out west and I'll show you how to fly fish and we'll catch plenty of trout on a fly.

Trout fishing, a great way to relax. Glad you had fun.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote