The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2005, 06:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

Dot...Sorry I missed your coming aboard yesterday, was busy working on my new dwelling behind the Warrior's Saloon. Welcome aboard and happy birthday. And remember your opinion counts.

Any day above ground is a good day
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Welcome aboard Dot,
It's good having you. I know how you feel with the granddaughter. Our grandkids are over here so much it seems like we are raising them too, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Just remember it could be worse. A neighbor down the street raised his two granddaughters and is now raising his granddaughter's baby.

How far are you from Wilson's Creek?

Chilidog
Old 12-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Welcome aboad Dot! As many have said, don't worry about Bob...he is rumored to be "Psyco"

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-29-2005, 11:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Dot, welcome to the PF and like you said ... the people here are great, athough there are a few, no names needed for you'll soon find out, have been classified as sick puppies.

Enjoy your stay

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 12-29-2005, 07:40 PM

Hello PHO127, Hal, Dan, Chilidog, Trav and Bill,

My goodness! What a surprise to see so many post to welcome me. Thank you all so much! You've made me feel right at home.

Awww, I don't worry about those who have a different opinion. That's what makes this old world interesting, amen?

I'm just glad to see a forum where your opinion is appreciated and regarded as important even if the majority disagree. That's what makes America great; we are free to speak our minds.

I was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas, but have lived for the past 25 years in McDonald county - near the Oklahoma, Arkansas borders. We have two sons who are policemen. One was a detective for Lawrence and Berry counties and the other was a deputy sheriff for over ten years here in Mac county. They both still work every once in awhile to retain their status. Now, the detective own his own truck and the other one works for Wal Mart (he flies all over the states checking out security at different stores).

Just like our service men and women, policemen have to live on starvation wages and yet are ready to give their life to save those who won't fight to raise their benefits or wages. But, I don't need to get on my soap box on that issue...

My husband worked overseas for an oil company for nearly thirty years and we lived in Iran for three of those years. While in Iran we adopted a baby girl who was abandoned on our neighbors doorstep. It's a great story and she's a beautiful and precious daughter. Our boys went to a boarding school in India and they can tell you some hair-raising tales! LOL

Well, I'm about to tell you my life history so will shut up and sit down... LOL

God bless you boys... each and every one of you brave and courageous heroes.
Dot
the jeer of His patience,
the slight of His power
the contempt of His love!
(John Bunyan)

Never argue with a fool; someone looking in might not be able to tell the differance.

hopeinaworldofhate.com/
Old 12-29-2005, 09:07 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Dot...

Thanks for showing up. Pastor Keith needs some back up. (I just read your profile and went to your website.) He'sthe real deal and has taught me a lot about forgiveness along the way.He and LT should beknighted for being the Peace Keepers of Patriot Files. Enjoyed reading the testimony of God's Amazing Grace you and your husband have posted on your site. I too was "lost and undone without God or His Son when he reached down His hand for me" God Bless you girl and welcome to the site.

Arrow>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 12-30-2005, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

WELCOME HOME, Dot. Glad you've joined us. The hero here is Him.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Robert J Ryan

welocme dot look forward to your posts.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Dot,

Glad to have you onboard. Hope to see you post and Happy belated Birthday!

Doc

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 01-01-2006, 11:37 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it and hope to be able to get to know you all better.

Thanks for going to my site, Arrow... and I'm glad you read my testimony. Did you go to my husband's site? He's a great story teller and talks about things happening when he was young. He writes the stories out for me and I post them.

http://doranmcentire.com/

Again, thanks for the welcome.
Blessings,
Dot
the jeer of His patience,
the slight of His power
the contempt of His love!
(John Bunyan)

Never argue with a fool; someone looking in might not be able to tell the differance.

hopeinaworldofhate.com/