The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Appreciation

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2017, 10:19 AM

Arrow 'American Sniper' Widow Praises Double Amputee Soldier

'American Sniper' Widow Praises Double Amputee Soldier
RE: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/1...mputee-soldier

Taya Kyle, widow of "American Sniper" US Navy SEAL Chris Kyle praised Special Forces Soldier Sgt. Dana Bowman, the first double amputee to re-enlist in the U.S. Army.

Kyle saw Bowman at Sheridan, Wyoming rodeo this week, where he parachuted in with a huge American flag.

"I loved how all the patriots in Sheridan had their hats off honoring Sgt. Bowman and the flag as he dropped in!" Kyle posted on Instagram.

Kyle's husband was a veteran sniper who served four tours in Iraq before he was murdered on February 2, 2013 by a veteran with PTSD whom he was trying to help. The Clint Eastwood-directed movie "American Sniper" tells his story.

"It was extra special to be there with friends, my kids and my parents," Mrs. Kyle wrote of the rodeo.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2017, 10:21 AM

Arrow Missing WW2 Soldier's Remains Returned to Loving Widow

Missing WW2 Soldier's Remains Returned to Loving Widow
RE: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/1...d-loving-widow

World World ll widow Catherine Tauer this week received something she had longed for for seven decades.

The remains of the love of her life, Army Staff Sgt. Gerald “Jerry” Jacobsen were returned to her in Minnesota this week after years of resting under a nameless cross in France.

“This is such a lift to my heart,” said Tauer, 94. “It’s wonderful to have him home.”

Tauer and Jacobsen were married in 1943. Jacobsen was 27 when he went missing in action in 1944. He was declared dead a year later.

Every morning Tauer greeted a picture of her husband beside her bedside table, all while searching for his remains to no avail.

“He was just so good to me. No one could ever take his place.”

Amateur historian Roberta Russo matched a report of a U.S. soldier buried in France to Jacobsen's records, which led to him being brought home. Jacobsen's nephew Brad Jacobsen led the effort to find his body.

Jacobsen was honored with a military funeral and will rest in Fort Snelling National Cemetery. His widow was presented with his medals including a Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

“I have so much to tell him,” his widow said. “I’ll tell him how lonesome I’ve been. … I’ll tell him I love him.”

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote