The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2003, 12:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking 'Million Mom' Anti-gun Rally Draws Just 4 Marchers

'Million Mom' Anti-gun Rally Draws Just 4 Marchers

Just three years ago, America's gun controllers were able to fill Washington, D.C.'s National Mall with enthusiastic Second Amendment foes in an event dubbed "The Million Mom March."

But last week, the ranks were considerably thinner for a rally by the "Million Moms" in Florida.

"Four people came," reports the Palm Beach Post.

Held outside the West Palm Beach City Hall, the protest was supposed to commemorate national ASK Day, a day designed to remind parents to ask whether guns are in the houses where their children play.

Rally organizer Ann Nanni told the paper that she spent last week sending out press releases, calling TV stations and issuing invitations to prominent figures whose support could advance the cause.

Invited dignitaries included Sheriff Ed Bieluch, West Palm Beach Police Chief Ric Bradshaw, State Attorney Barry Krischer and Palm Beach Mayor Lesly Smith.

But none of them came, admitted Nanni. She says no one even bothered to RSVP.
http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecov...003/6/30/95750

Joy
Old 06-30-2003, 07:45 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

The Baton Rouge serial killer did a lot to the anti-gun movement around here. Handgun sales and pepperspray sales went through the roof before he was caught.

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Lightbulb

I want another gun buy back program, I have a couple of broken ones that are so badly rusted there is no repairing them and the 100$ would be nice and thats the way most gun buy backs in the US operate mostly rusted an broken guns and you get vouchers or cash for them what a concept BTW I think personally all able bodied males/females 18-58yrs should be required to have training on firearms and to keep one in the house . Because thats the original intent of the word Militia in the 2nd amendment. All of US equals the Militia, to provide for the common defence. Could you imagine any sane country trying to invade US if they knew that 100% of the Voters of the US were armed with at least a 30.06
Old 09-08-2003, 07:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

Isn't that why the chickensh_ts used airplanes?

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall."

- Adolph Hitler, Edict Of March 18, 1938