The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2002, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Non combat action

In late 1971 the 3/5th Cav started to stand down and we came out of the bush and into Da Nang to turn in the tracks. Had been in the bushes for about 7 months. This was a partytime big time. Slept on a cot, worked 8 to 5, no one shooting at you, - think it was 25 cents for a drink at the club.One night I stayed to long at the club and got really, really drunk.. I then proceded to steal a jeep and decided to find my beautiful true love and bring her back to the hooch. I found her on a corner nearby and since I had to go through an MP checkpoint on the way back I put her in a mail bag and put her in the back seat , with a tender kiss for my new love. When I get to the MP checkpoint the wooden gate is down. My love was strong , diamond cutter strong , so I floored the jeep and blasted through the gate on my way to the hooch. However I missed a turn and overturned the jeep. I remember a mailbag arching through the air. Woke up in jail cell and my beautiful love was no where to be found. Instead in the next cell over was this really, really, really ugly old woman of the night. When I asked if this woman was found in a mail bag the MP's smiled and said yes. Thank goodness I had crashed ! Squadron Cdr. came in later waving a wad of charges and asked if I had done all this. Told him I probably did. He said I needed more field time. He signed me out and back to the field I went. Was almost glad to get back to the bushes - that city life could kill ya. Welcome home.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2002, 09:48 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default You know they're doing studies

Wasting money to study if this really happens.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:54 PM

DMZ-LT,

I thought only us sailors got into that type of situation. I had a good laugh and recall several bagger's myself. Ha ha. Just be glad you didn't have to chew your arm off to get away. ha ha

That booze will turn a dog into a canary everytime. It reminds me of a poem I once heard.

From her hair she picked a rose and tossed it to me there;
I inturn kiss the rose;
And tossed her back her hair!

Those were the days

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-21-2002, 07:20 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Da Nang

Thats the only place I even got to watch a movie. we went there for about 2 weeks or so. we lived in some wooden building with screen sides, We would fallow some Marine unit around by some hill to make sure they didn't get flanked. Who was watching our flank? Cold beer and a movie was sure good. We would go on guard duty, but I couldn't tell what the hell we were guarding, There were sailors and Marines and Army guys all around us.
That place was way to big for me.
Ron
Old 08-24-2002, 10:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

I have some pictures from Da Nang but no bags are in the pictures. It looks like a big place though. I have some really good shots of a bunker that got shot up and a plane taking off in the dawn. Had them blown up to 8x10 size. They are somber. I was stateside but I remember a bar fight that had me pretty scared one night. Never got that intoxicated but had a friend who said he woke up with aftershave all over him and a woman with green teeth.Yuk!
Old 08-26-2002, 11:49 AM

Default ROALMAO

Got invited to the "Dragon Club" by my troops one time and saw some similar stuff going on. The lights were turned down to the point you needed a flashlight to tell who you were talking to. Some of the "Girls" who were buying the beers for the young lads were old enough to be their Grandmothers! By the time the lights went on at closing time the youngsters were 3 sheets to the wind and were too blind to see what they were with. Wonder how many chewed their arms off at the shoulder? LOL
Old 08-26-2002, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default That's only single ...

...wolf...

...gotta do a double chew as she'll be out there looking for a one armed man....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk