The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2002, 12:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bravo Network slanders Vietnam Vets

Was watching a really stupid Vietnam Movie last night that I had never seen. It was on the Bravo Network that shows Hamburger Hill and Deer Hunter about 50 times a month. The movie last night was "The Boys in Company C". If you haven't seen it, don't bother but what was irritating was during a commercial they had an add for another Vietnam Movie I haven't seen, and won't. Can't think of the name but it's the one with like Sean Penn and Michael J. Fox, I think, where they rape and kill some Vietnamese girl, of course. Anyway, at the end of the ad for the movie, Bravo Network says;

"THEY CAME TO VIETNAM TO FIND THE ENEMY. IT TURNED OUT THE ENEMY WAS US".

What kinda crap is that????? OK guys and gals, like the History Channel, let's try and ferrot out this Bravo Network and start sending emails. I'm fed up to here,(pointing at top of my head), with this shit. Gonna try a Google Search to find an email address or snail mail address for them.

Assholes!

Tom

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2002, 12:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Web Site & Phone

Here is their web address and there is a "contac us" section.

www.bravotv.com

Here is their phone number:

1-800-531-0002

Press 1 then 4 to get to their comment line, but leave a quick message, you don't have much time. If you leave your phone # they say they will get back to you in one business day.

I was very polite in my email and my phone message. Let's see how many responses we can get.

LETS ROLL!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-24-2002, 01:48 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

ROLLIN

Peace,Griz
Old 08-24-2002, 04:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Paco...

...saw the same movie about 2 nights ago, and for what it's worth, your low-rating of same is absolutely unarguable.

Hell, even my wife (having no military knowledge or experience whatsoever) thought it was as lame a depiction of warfare, as she had ever seen in only half a movie. In disgust, we turned to a more realistic and believable show.

Still, that ANY Director could get so many Marine Recruits infinitely wiser, caring and concerned about life than The Sgt's and The Officers, and so many Marine Recruit foul-ups/idiots all together in One Company,...is quite an accomplishment, even for Hollywood.

Besides, and even though never particularly caring about any Marines,...I can't believe that such lame-O's and screw-ups would have made it out of Boot, much less to Vietnam to straighten things out. Those portrayed were some sorry-a$$ dudes/duds.

Neil
Old 08-24-2002, 05:49 PM

Paco...

If you hurry you can still catch the following latest hit on the bravo channel:

Casualties of War
120 min.
Brian De Palma directed this story about the rape and murder of a Vietnamese woman by four U.S. soldiers. Sorry but the first 45 minutes is already gone.

Definately seems to be a theme going against us.

Unlike you, I was not the least bit polite in my email to these "people". But like you, I am damn sick and tired of how we have been and still are being regarded as the dregs of society.
Old 08-24-2002, 07:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default It is a shame!

The worst part is that the kids of today believe all that garbage. They think it is based on fact. When in reality the American soldier has always been the most compassionate of all men of war. Just because you are a soldier doesn't mean you can't have compassion and concern for your fellow man. Garbage, all garbage.

Keith
Old 08-24-2002, 08:03 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Got it.

Chilidog
Old 08-24-2002, 10:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

I wrote for what it is worth. Casualties of War and Hamburger Hill are supposed to be based on true stories anti-war though they may be. I did ask that they quit beating that dead horse and depict the lack of Welcome home and what happened to the ones who went and fought even when their leaders didn't allow victory. It's unfair not to tell what happened after the war and what still is happening. So I protested the antiwar sentiment as continuing the former abuses of vets. We'll see if our protests make a difference.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Sent my 2 cents worth of opinion to Bravo.
Caught the last half of Casualties of War but there are a lot of things I don't understand. A producer read the screen-play and sunk good production company $$$$ into making the movie. Actors stepped right up to play the part after reading the script just to make some bucks. Companies paid for all of it plus whatever the airtime cost just to get us to buy their products. All of them can rely on my contempt, but the Bravo channel rates at the top of the list since they brought such garbage to the public.
Thanks Paco for bringing this to our attention. It is crap like that movie that requires our reaction.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default "The boys in Company C"

Is this the same movie that has been out about 20 years?The movie that has been played across the US and in most theaters around the world, a hundred times at least on HBO Network and now running on any network that will pick it up? Bravo network didn't slander Vietnam Vets, we were slandered many years ago by the people who made the movie. It's just a movie,some parts are real and some parts are not.