The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2005, 03:03 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default The New Orleans City Militia

Old 10-07-2005, 05:10 AM

I think most neighborhoods would establish a program like this. Its the only way you can protect what you've worked so hard for.

Too many want what others have and often times try to take it from you.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:40 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Right

Dan is just dreaming. In our State you can not protect your own property with deadly force. Hell, You can?t use deadly force to protect yourself unless you have made an attempt to retreat. Good ole boys shooting looters, that?s a Southern thing. But I wish it were ours.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 10-07-2005, 05:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
Dont have that problem here..We give out citizen awards for shooting bad guys.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 10-07-2005, 06:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Actually, that was a picture of a local Neighborhood Watch program in Texas. Like the Blue Collar guy says, we fast rack death penalty cases, using the Express Lane.

I truly feel sorry for people like Andy who have to live in such a sad state as M'Chusetts. Not being able to protect life and limb, and being required to cower before some thug? The State of Florida finally wised up and reformed the law, saying that one doesn't need to retreat first. Proud to say that I'm a newly approved CHL carrier.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Robert J Ryan

Default Loot and shoot

Damn Right, you try to loot my stuff, you get shot.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

?Drunks with guns? is plenty scary enough, the rest is just embellishment on what the next moves are going to look like, I?d say.
I?m wondering if two steps back, a 360-degree spin and then blamity, blamity, blamity or Kaabooom ; depending on what?s in hand, is sufficient ?retreat?. Those moves can be practiced and become second nature I?m thinking, kind of like a gulf swing maybe. Possibly it can be an adaptation of the ?Texas two step? but adds a bit of clearing leather and wallop to go with those patented and known moves.

A bit ago in Reno a fellow became aware of some perp trying to get into his daughter second story window from the garage roof. Out he went in the dead of night and removed the perp from the roof with some kind of super mega magnum .44 pistol, a revolver I think. The DA made noises about going after the shooter but relented when the area Judge suggested that he F.O.
Mills Lane; of boxing ref fame, was the Judge. Hmmm, not sure they make ones like that anymore. RIP Judge Lane.

Scamp
Old 10-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Scout

I said what the law is, now your not giving us any credit for creativity. ?Your Honor I was in bed when I observed a man with a metallic object in his hand and presumed it to be a weapon. The only window in the room was locked. Reluctantly, I fired my .45 but only until I saw the metallic object fall from his hand. (Which accounts for the 4 bullets in his chest.) The metallic object was a flashlight but I didn?t know that, it wasn?t turned on. The officers saw that when they arrived.

Really, we had a case several years ago where a package (liquor) store was held up by a guy with a hand gun. After the gunman got the cash he turned to leave. The owner pulled out his own pistol, shot and killed the bad guy. The owner was charged with manslaughter, sued by the gunman?s family and lost his store and most everything else he had. Very sad.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Florida's new law is known as a "Stand Your Ground" law.

The measure, known as the "stand your ground" bill, lets people use guns or other deadly force to defend themselves in public places without first trying to escape.

Floridians already had the right to defend themselves against home intruders under what is known as the castle doctrine, but until now, they could not do so in public.

The National Rifle Association lobbied hard for the bill's passage, and Wayne LaPierre, the group's executive vice president, said it would use the victory to push for similar measures elsewhere. The bill's sponsor, Representative Dennis K. Baxley of Ocala, said it would curb violent crime and make citizens feel safer.

"It's a clear position that we will stand with victims of violent attacks when the law is in their favor," said Mr. Baxley, a Republican. "People want to know we stand on the side of victims of crime instead of the side of criminals."

Governor Bush, a Republican, said he supported the measure because when people faced life-threatening situations, "to have to retreat and put yourself in a very precarious position defies common sense."

But John F. Timoney, Miami's police chief, called the bill unnecessary and dangerous. Chief Timoney, who has successfully pushed his police officers to use less deadly force, said many people, including children, could become innocent victims. The bill could make gun owners, including drivers with road rage or drunken sports fans who get into fights leaving ball games, assume they have "total immunity," he said.

"Whether it's trick-or-treaters or kids playing in the yard of someone who doesn't want them there or some drunk guy stumbling into the wrong house," Chief Timoney said, "you're encouraging people to possibly use deadly physical force where it shouldn't be used."

Chief Chuck Harmon of the St. Petersburg police and Sheriff Ken Jenne of Broward County also publicly opposed the bill. The Florida House of Representatives voted 94 to 20 in favor of the bill earlier this month, while the Senate passed it 39 to 0.

The measure codifies in state law what many courts have already ruled in Florida: that a citizen need not try to escape an intruder in his home or workplace before using deadly force in self-defense.

The measure also goes a step further, letting "a person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be" use deadly force without first trying to flee.

Florida was among the first states to allow people to carry concealed firearms, and Sarah Brady, chairwoman of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, a national gun-control group, said she was not surprised that the N.R.A. lobbied for the new law here first.

"The populace in Florida is very much common sense and on our side," Mrs. Brady said, "but the State Legislature is very conservative and the N.R.A. has control of them. I'm just sick. It's just a terrible, terrible bill."

Mrs. Brady, whose husband, James, was seriously injured in the 1981 assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, said that while the Florida measure was disheartening, other states were taking a different stance. On Monday, Gov. Janet Napolitano of Arizona, a Democrat, vetoed a bill that would have let people carry loaded guns into bars.

Mr. LaPierre of the N.R.A. said his group would introduce the bill in every state , and he predicted it would win broad national support.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gun laws

After Texas Im thinking about moving to Arizona, Gun Laws---we don't need no stinking gun laws. You want to carry a gun, go ahead, you should own it first but thats not nessessary.

Steve What happens if you got a gun and someone is robbing someone else, can you protect that person?
Or what happens if you see someone stealing someons property, can you protect there property?

Ron