The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2006, 04:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Stopping Voter Fraud

Election Day is in 6 weeks...hard to believe the mid-term elections are only that far away. There's some action in the House and the Senate when it comes to the issue of voter fraud. The Senate is looking at a bill that would require proof of citizenship to be able to vote. [What a concept! Actually identifying the potential voter??!! What will they think of next?] The Democrats are fighting this one tooth and nail...they want those votes from illegal aliens. It's been said that if all voter fraud were stopped tomorrow, most Democrats would have problems being elected.

So now the House has passed a bill that has a simple requirement: it would require a valid photo ID in order to participate in federal elections. Almost all Republicans voted for it, almost all Democrats were opposed. They compared the act to the disenfranchisement of blacks in the South during the civil rights struggle. Huh? [Again, the issue of logic comes to mind, or in the Democrat's position, that is an oxymoron.]

Yup...that's what they said. Others argue that requiring a picture ID, which costs money to obtain, amounts to a poll tax. Boo hoo. But there's a new wrinkle. It turns out requiring a photo ID to vote was among the recommendations made by a bipartisan commission on election reform last year. At the head of that commission: Jimmy Carter. That's right...even Jimmy Carter recognizes that there's a voter fraud problem. [Not to worry - there's no possibilityof his being removed from the top of the list of Worst President in History.]

So Democrats are going to do everything they can to fight it...because they know if illegal aliens and other Democrats can't vote once or twice, they're in trouble. Evidently without the dead participating in elections, the Democrats might not get re-elected. But it's a great idea whose time has come.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2006, 07:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Those areas that have already trashed-out and made a mockery of the vote franchise will continue to do so regardless of any I.D. law. Well oiled machines can?t be sent off to the barn to rust, eh, tiz bad form. So what in the world do the Demos have to crab about? No net change at all in the trashed-out vote franchise areas, so the predictable becomes the repeatable and it?s just a silly but sad exercise in serendipity.

Those areas that want to keep the vote franchise on the up n? up will have some assistance and a tool to help keep the vote interlopers from sealing someone?s legitimate vote and most certainly, that rubs some fur the wrong way.

And then, who at this present time does not have some form of pic I.D. or can?t get one, for free even. That argument is so thin and pathetic that it makes the head swim.

Scamp
Old 09-23-2006, 06:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tis true that every time a law is proposed or passed that da dims think threatens their present or future criminal behavior, they scream "violation of civil rights!" That sad old mantra might have worked back in the '60's, but it only shows where da dims are stuck today - way back in the past. Further demonstable proof lies in the fact that they don't have a viable, valid agenda, other than "Let's all hold hands and hate Bush." The statement that the speaker of the house made is all the more true: da dims are more interested in the rights of the terrorists than in protecting America.

Who opposed the Patriot Act, or its renewal? da dims.
Who were gleeful when the New York Times exposed the financial links we had found to terrorists? da dims.
Who whined and carped about the actions of the NSA? da dims.

Starting sometime next month, I'll be assisting others in early voting, and finally in the regular voting in November. Woe be unto anyone who tries to vote without proper identification. Of course, all my actions will be within the law, but I'll apply it completely.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-23-2006, 08:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Can I then make the presumptuous assumption that stealing a legitimate cast vote from a legitimate voter is not a violation of civil rights? Of course, it?s obvious that a stuffed ballot box poofs-out legitimate votes and I fail to see where that is not theft or a violation of civil rights. It seems that this, real-life, real-time situation should be the overriding concern in lieu of some hypothetical person that has gained majority years, plus, and is a virtual unknown in terms of formal I.D.

The apparent focus is on an ant crawling up an elephant?s leg with rape in mind at the expense of addressing wholesale gang-rape of the vote franchise.
But when ?get out the vote? starts at the local cemetery or with ? no abla? people with border dust still on their sandals or finding ways such that Mickey Mouse can vote hundreds of times in Miami Dade County, I can see how the horn-dog ant becomes the apparent ?to the barricades? cause and issue.

I think it would benefit the Demos greatly to have a legitimate voter base to sell too because that would force them to come up with a cohesive product aside from slash n? burn, hate n? insult, bully n? intimidate agenda. They have all the talent in the world to come up with a solid product that would be marketable and sellable, but choose to do ?other? for reasons of ?clear distinction?, or so sayeth DNC Chair Deanovichova and his equally lame, unimaginative, predecessors and current cohorts.

Scamp
Old 09-25-2006, 03:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Federal Election Integrity Act of 2006 - Vote Passed (228-196, 8 Not Voting)

This House bill would require voters to show valid photo identification in order to vote in federal elections beginning in 2008.

Rio Linda question of the day: guess which party was in the opposition to this new piece of legislation? That's right boys and girls, the Democrat party doesn't think voters need a valid photo ID in order to identify who is eligible and legally qualified to vote.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Yep it takes a Valid Photo ID to receive Wix, Welfare and other federal aide programs but, these same folks can't get a Photo ID to Vote?? Something smells in the voteing arena.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jerry

Seems like there was some legislative pissin' contest in Georgia just recenty about photo ID's for voting. Did that ever get sorted out?

Old 09-28-2006, 05:01 AM

If they can't produce a photo ID how about a birth certificate or their naturalization papers? Seems though, that you need Photo ID to cash a check these days. You need Photo ID to get on a plane or Amtrack. Does the state charge for Photo ID? It can't be all that much. The Dims are opposed to photo ID because they have several million illegal aliens who will vote the way they are instructed to in order to get welfare and other bennies that the Dims will send their way "Illegally".
Old 09-28-2006, 03:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Brice, Nope it hasn't been worked out here or in Missouri also. Here in Georgia former Gov Barnes(D) keeps filing lawsuits with his hand picked Judges to block the implantation of the Voter ID Law, So far the Judge has stated that the ID law violates the Constitution written during reconstruction and even though the Id's are free to those who can't afford one and the state will even in the rural areas send out a Bus to do the Id's to those who are home bound. The Democratic Leadership of Georgia thinks a State Issued Photo ID would be a hardship to minorities and old people and would prevent them from voting even though absentee ballots still are available to use as always.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default JerryD

Did you say Democrat ex-governor Barnes, and other Democrats are working to prevent a photo-ID requirement to vote? Gosh, how can this be? Do you mean to say that the state party of obstruction and anti-progress is also linked to the national party of the same spirit? May the cheeks of their collective asses grow shut!