The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2019, 11:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Are We Finished As A Nation

6-23-2019

If the title of this diatribe has got you angry – “GOOD,” for only in realizing that problems exist, can those problems be confronted, challenged and solved!

Illegal mass immigration, a free ride mentality, the loss of morality and the who gives a damned mindset of this “Polluted New World Order”, are just the tip of the iceberg, but they are a good place to start! And unless we are willing to finally admit that a mounting problem exists, then that problem is going to rapidly destroy every bit of progress that it has taken us over two-hundred and forty-two years to work on and to perfect – and that is a fact!

Right about now, there are some of you out there who are bitching-up a storm! How dare I call attention to the fact that something is amiss? Actually, this fact should have been obvious when even a former-president referred to “Our Founding Fathers” as nothing more than “A Band of Terrorists?” In reality, however, men and women like Jefferson, Adams, Monroe and Lincoln were patriots, even if some of these in government today are not able (or willing) to tell the difference? “And finally”, let me once again state my opinion that: “If a few within Our Own Government” continues to refuse to work together, we could someday soon find not have a country left to save?”

THE CHOICE IS STILL OURS HOWEVER – “TODAY’S REVITALIZED PATRIOTS, OR THE BLIND AND COMPLACENT LAMBS OF TOMORROW?” (opinions - hrt)

Hardcore
Old 06-23-2019, 12:35 PM

Question

Now here is something that I find disturbing:
President Trump Suggests Saudi Arms Sales Are More Important Than Khashoggi Investigation
BY: BY DARLENE SUPERVILLE / AP & TIME - 6-23-19
RE: https://time.com/5612908/trump-saudi...3A+Politics%29

(WASHINGTON) — President Donald Trump isn’t saying whether he’ll direct the FBI to investigate the death of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi and suggests that pledges by Saudi Arabia to spend billions buying U.S. military equipment are more important to him because of the impact on jobs and the economy.

Trump said the slaying of the Saudi journalist has “been heavily investigated.”

Last week, however, an independent U.N. report on the killing found “credible evidence” to warrant further investigation into the possible role of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and called for the FBI to investigate. U.S. intelligence agencies previously had concluded that the crown prince ordered that Khashoggi be killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, where he went to pick up documents to marry his Turkish fiancee.

Khashoggi’s writings criticized the Saudi royal family.

“Saudi Arabia is a big buyer of (American) product. That means something to me. It’s a big producer of jobs,” the president told NBC’s “Meet the Press” in a wide-ranging interview that was taped Friday and broadcast Sunday. Trump said the subject of Khashoggi “didn’t come up” when he and the crown prince spoke last Thursday, largely about Iran.

Trump said the Middle East is a “vicious, hostile place” and that Iran and other countries in the region are also guilty of the type of behavior Saudi Arabia has been accused of engaging in.

Khashoggi was killed, and believed to have been dismembered by Saudi agents, inside the consulate on Oct. 2. His remains have never been found.

The president declined last year to penalize Saudi Arabia over the killing. Khashoggi had been living in the U.S. at the time of his death.

Trump said he’s “not like a fool” that will refuse to do business with the U.S. ally, arguing that the kingdom will turn to U.S. rivals China and Russia if Washington refuses to sell arms to the Saudis.

“Take their money. Take their money,” Trump said.

The Senate voted last week to block the Trump administration from selling arms to Saudi Arabia. Trump has promised to veto the measure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Trump is buddies with Russia - North Korea and the Saudi Arabia and I'm not sure if China is in there as well.

He's anti-NATO and goes where the power is (and those that charm him with gifts and honors) and then sells US Arms to those wanting to buy them. Ah - I could be wrong but something doesn't seem right with his friendships with our former enemies (they've never been allies and they seem to swarm to Trump (like honey) and get what they want). Or am I missing something?

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:41 PM

Arrow Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi, Cites Importance of Saudi Arms S

Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi, Cites Importance of Saudi Arms Sales
By: Daniel Politi - Slate - 6-23-19
RE: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...khashoggi.html

President Donald Trump all but suggested in the NBC interview aired Sunday that Saudi Arabia’s arm sales are more important to him than figuring out exactly what happened to Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi. During the Meet the Press interview, Trump refused to directly answer a question from Chuck Todd about whether he will order the FBI to investigate Khashoggi’s death, which an independent U.N. report recommended in a report released last week. The president said that part of the reason why he’s not eager to order an investigation is because other countries in the region are guilty of worse crimes.

The death of Khashoggi has “been heavily investigated,” Trump said. When Todd asked who exactly had investigated the way Khashoggi died after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October 2018, Trump replied: “By everybody. I mean … I’ve seen so many different reports.” When Todd pressed the issue, Trump went on to say that the Middle East is “a vicious, hostile place” as if he was justifying the inaction by claiming that Saudi Arabia’s neighbors are guilty of worse things than killing a journalist. “Iran’s killed many, many people a day. Other countries in the Middle East, this is a hostile place,” Trump said. “This is a vicious, hostile place. If you’re going to look at Saudi Arabia, look at Iran, look at other countries, I won’t mention names, and take a look at what’s happening. And then you go outside of the Middle East, and you take a look at what’s happening with countries.”

The president then proceeded to talk about the importance of Saudi Arabia as a trading partner for the United States. “I only say they spend $400 to $450 billion over a period of time, all money, all jobs, buying equipment,” the president said. “I’m not like a fool that says, ‘We don’t want to do business with them.’ And by the way, if they don’t do business with us, you know what they do? They’ll do business with the Russians or with the Chinese.” By using the figure, Trump was once again trotting out an inflated statistic that fact-checkers have pointed out is far higher than the official statistics.

Trump’s attitude toward the issue helps explain why he doesn’t seem to think it’s necessary to bring up Khashoggi’s death every time he talks to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The journalist’s death “really didn’t come up” when he talked to the crown prince earlier this week about rising tensions with Iran, Trump said.

The report released Wednesday by human rights expert Agnes Callamard concludes Khashoggi “has been the victim of a deliberate, premeditated execution, an extrajudicial killing for which the state of Saudi Arabia is responsible under international human rights law.” Callamard went on to write that there “is credible evidence warranting further investigation of high-level Saudi officials’ individual liability, including the crown prince’s.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what I mean again he rebuffs our FBI probe and favors Saudi relations.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-23-2019, 12:42 PM

Arrow Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi, Cites Importance of Saudi Arms S

Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi, Cites Importance of Saudi Arms Sales

President Donald Trump all but suggested in the NBC interview aired Sunday that Saudi Arabia’s arm sales are more important to him than figuring out exactly what happened to Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi. During the Meet the Press interview, Trump refused to directly answer a question from Chuck Todd about whether he will order the FBI to investigate Khashoggi’s death, which an independent U.N. report recommended in a report released last week. The president said that part of the reason why he’s not eager to order an investigation is because other countries in the region are guilty of worse crimes.

The death of Khashoggi has “been heavily investigated,” Trump said. When Todd asked who exactly had investigated the way Khashoggi died after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October 2018, Trump replied: “By everybody. I mean … I’ve seen so many different reports.” When Todd pressed the issue, Trump went on to say that the Middle East is “a vicious, hostile place” as if he was justifying the inaction by claiming that Saudi Arabia’s neighbors are guilty of worse things than killing a journalist. “Iran’s killed many, many people a day. Other countries in the Middle East, this is a hostile place,” Trump said. “This is a vicious, hostile place. If you’re going to look at Saudi Arabia, look at Iran, look at other countries, I won’t mention names, and take a look at what’s happening. And then you go outside of the Middle East, and you take a look at what’s happening with countries.”

The president then proceeded to talk about the importance of Saudi Arabia as a trading partner for the United States. “I only say they spend $400 to $450 billion over a period of time, all money, all jobs, buying equipment,” the president said. “I’m not like a fool that says, ‘We don’t want to do business with them.’ And by the way, if they don’t do business with us, you know what they do? They’ll do business with the Russians or with the Chinese.” By using the figure, Trump was once again trotting out an inflated statistic that fact-checkers have pointed out is far higher than the official statistics.

Trump’s attitude toward the issue helps explain why he doesn’t seem to think it’s necessary to bring up Khashoggi’s death every time he talks to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The journalist’s death “really didn’t come up” when he talked to the crown prince earlier this week about rising tensions with Iran, Trump said.

The report released Wednesday by human rights expert Agnes Callamard concludes Khashoggi “has been the victim of a deliberate, premeditated execution, an extrajudicial killing for which the state of Saudi Arabia is responsible under international human rights law.” Callamard went on to write that there “is credible evidence warranting further investigation of high-level Saudi officials’ individual liability, including the crown prince’s.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boats -

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-23-2019, 12:43 PM

Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi, Cites Importance of Saudi Arms Sales -

Boats -

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-23-2019, 01:33 PM

Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi, Cites Importance of Saudi Arms Sales - Why?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-23-2019, 01:34 PM

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-23-2019, 01:35 PM

Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi -Cites Importance of Saudi Arms Sales

The President then proceeded to talk about the importance of Saudi Arabia as a trading partner for the United States. “I only say they spend $400 to $450 billion over a period of time, all money, all jobs, buying equipment,” the president said. “I’m not like a fool that says, ‘We don’t want to do business with them.’ And by the way, if they don’t do business with us, you know what they do? They’ll do business with the Russians or with the Chinese.” By using the figure, Trump was once again trotting out an inflated statistic that fact-checkers have pointed out is far higher than the official statistics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now see what I mean - again he rebuffs our own FBI probe and favors Saudi relations.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-23-2019, 01:35 PM

Arrow

Trump Brushes Off Call for FBI Probe Into Khashoggi - Cites Importance of Saudi Arms Sales

The President then proceeded to talk about the importance of Saudi Arabia as a trading partner for the United States. “I only say they spend $400 to $450 billion over a period of time, all money, all jobs, buying equipment,” the president said. “I’m not like a fool that says, ‘We don’t want to do business with them.’ And by the way, if they don’t do business with us, you know what they do? They’ll do business with the Russians or with the Chinese.” By using the figure, Trump was once again trotting out an inflated statistic that fact-checkers have pointed out is far higher than the official statistics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now see what I mean - again he rebuffs our own FBI probe and favors Saudi relations.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-23-2019, 02:23 PM

Default I have not clue why it duplicated so many times - SORRY!

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"