The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey, Brice

Did you make it the 9th ID reunion down at Benning going on the same weekend as the East Coast Campout? Been looking forward to a sitrep if you made it. I met a guy on my flight from Dallas to Oakland who was headed home from it on my way home from the campout. He and his wife had a great time. His name is Virgil Bartolomucci of Huntington Beach, CA. He told me, but I don't remember when his time in-country was. If you made it, I hope you had a good time.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tom

Unfortuantely, I was registered, had paid for all the festivities including the Regimental dinner, green fees for the 3rd Scouts' Scramble, had bought my teammate a stunning Texas golf shirt, but had to cancel at the last minute, due to family reasons. We had a life or death situation that has ameliorated somewhat, but at the time I wanted to be at Columbus, GA, it wouldn't have been good for me to have been gone.

I had even planned to visit with some of the survivors of the Psyco Vets campout, but had to cancel that as well. Will probably get to see Pho and DMZ-LT later this year on a business trip.

The good news is that there will be another reunion of our regiment next year, which I'll attend, barring extremely high water and other unpreventable calamities!

Thanks for asking! I may have some photos to post on the Vietnam vet site later, one hopefully showing the 88th NVA Regimantal flag that oneof my guys captured 31 Jan 1968.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sorry to hear you missed it. Especially the part of maybe hooking up with some of us survivors . I stayed around until Monday morning. Spent Sunday night at Ell Tee's house. But, likre you said, there's always next year. I'm glad the family crisis has diminished some. Hope all's well with you, Brice.

We'll all be looking forward to the pictures.