The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2005, 06:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MarineAO Well one thing for sure is that you can use your turn out gear as a beekeeping suit. I went to shipboard Fire Fighting school twice and it can be fun and scary all at the same time. If you get a chance go to a Fire Fighting course they are very informative and fun. Remember drink a lot of water some of those simulations get real hot even in turn out gear. Have fun and don't get stung.
Sandy--thanks
I start taking the firefightters course the first weekend of June--then I get a yellow helmet and can [play with the big boys---now I only get a black newbie helmet and am only authorized to stand around yelling helpful suggestions--this is what I do best anyway.

Tom--I intend to follow this up but subtly--I learned the ppitfalls of getting leadership REAL mad at me back in The Day. I told you about the plt sgt in the 1st/ 327 that toldme about getting his knob polished by queers didn't I?? I told him the only people who could get it up for queers ARE queers. He didn't like that and needless to say all chance for promotionfor me in that platoon went down the nearest pisstube. That was the secondary reason I joined the lrrps, the primary reason being they tole me I'd get out of the field for the first time in 6 months. Need I add: I never shared a foxhole with this plt sgt?
Hey everybody!! If someone tells you that they were in the 101st AND the 173d in one tour, its almost a dead giveaway for a wannabe. They better have a good explanatiion and I mean against all odds. These were 2 seperate units and the likelihood of someone seeing combat in both units in one tour is ultra slim to none. Plenty people may have derosed the 173d or 101st and come back with the 82d like frisco but I never heard of anyone who did time with the 101st AND the 173d in one tour
Anybody know different??
Don't worry, boys, I intend to press the case but subtly--you know I was a lrrp: its more our style. The lrrp motto was: don't make enemies--just kill the ones you already have.Factor in the fact that this guy is actually my superior and technically at least a foot taller than me. Sometimes being right can be the booby prize.
Stay good, all
James
Old 05-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default James

Just ask to see his 214, The end.

Ron
Old 05-09-2005, 03:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James
Dont know much about bees but I can tell you this about Paco and Andy......Paco looks somewhat normal ( I use that term loosly)but he was driving this BIG white cadillac which looked more like a pimpmobile with a psycovet sticker on the back window. Then there was Andy sitting in the passangers seat coming off a 3 day drunk with his head shaved. wondering if he had enough percosec and xanax to make it home. When one person eats a 90 day supply in 3 days (with a little help from his friends) You really have to wonder ........Enough said
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by b3196 James
Dont know much about bees but I can tell you this about Paco and Andy......Paco looks somewhat normal ( I use that term loosly)but he was driving this BIG white cadillac which looked more like a pimpmobile with a psycovet sticker on the back window. Then there was Andy sitting in the passangers seat coming off a 3 day drunk with his head shaved. wondering if he had enough percosec and xanax to make it home. When one person eats a 90 day supply in 3 days (with a little help from his friends) You really have to wonder ........Enough said
Bob K
And you didn't get pictures?? I'da had a disc full, just for blackmailing purposes--remember what we caught some of the same usual suspects doing last year? Heard this was even better.
One of our dogs would have loved to have been around this bunch, he takes them antidepressants. Boozing and pilling? Don't know how some of these guys lived to get old.

Stay good
james