The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2004, 05:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Protest

"The idea that sponsorship of Scouting by American military units is 'unconstitutional' goes beyond the absurd, even well past the point of stupidity," Cadmus wrote. "How is it the government can fund chapels on military bases, and Chaplains in the military, but not accommodate Scouting? Why is it that the rank of Eagle Scout is an attribute highly sought in candidates for military academies, but will soon become unwelcome on military bases? How is it the Congress can sanction Scouting by issuing them a federal charter, but the courts can declare them 'outlaws'?"

The paragraph above is part of letter written by the Commander of the American Legion to the Secretary of Defense, protesting the actions of the Pentagon with regard to the DoD sponsoring the Boy Scouts. I would strongly urge folks on this site to send a letter, email, or phone call to their respective representatives, and demand that the Pentagon stand up to the American Civil Liberties Union, and continue sponsoring the Boy Scouts.

We need to take back America from those bent on destroying it from within.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2004, 09:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Here in Florida, the email addresses of Representatives are listed in the front of our phone books.

I WILL be doing this today.

I recall that awhile back there were some folks (ACLU???) starting some crap about the Boy Scouts earning the MARKSMANSHIP merit badge because it involved (omigod!!!) kids with GUNS!!!

That was one of my first merit badges.

This crap is sickening.

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 11-17-2004, 09:28 AM

My Legion Post sponsers 3 or 4 cub scout and boy scout packs/dens. And will continue to do so into the foreseeable future.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:44 AM

the main purpose behind the ACLU actions against the Boy Scouts stems from the ACLU lossing several efforts to force the Boy Scouts to accept Gay male leaders. in recent years the Boy Scouts have been under constant attacks of this type. i will also be writing my representative again on behalf of the Boy Scouts.

by the way my son is currently a Life scout working towards achieving his Eagle this spring.
I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should
do, By the grace of God, I will do. -Edward Everett Hale
Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default ACLU

Why do people and organizations cave into them? Scouts on a military base, there nothing wrong with that. The scouts is a good organization, I was a scout until I beat up the troop masters son. Woooops.

Ron
Old 11-17-2004, 10:59 AM

related news article

Boy Scouts Jamboree to stay at Army base
By Jon Ward and Arlo Wagner
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Published November 17, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Boy Scouts Jamboree, which draws tens of thousands of Scouts and their leaders to Virginia's Fort A.P. Hill Army base every four years, will go on as planned this summer, despite a court settlement announced Monday that requires military bases and units to withhold official support from the Boy Scouts.
"There will be no effect on the Jamboree," said Bob Bork, national spokesman for the Boy Scouts of America. "We don't anticipate any problem with that."
The Pentagon and a spokesman at Fort A.P. Hill confirmed that the Jamboree, a quadrennial gathering of more than 40,000 Boy Scouts and leaders on 3,000 acres of the 76,000-acre Army base, will go forward -- but future stagings of the event likely will depend on the outcome of the ongoing legal battle between the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the Scouts.
The Pentagon on Monday, as part of a settlement of a lawsuit filed by the ACLU of Illinois, agreed to warn military bases worldwide not to sponsor Boy Scout troops -- though the Pentagon has long held that it enforces a rule against the sponsorship of nonfederal organizations.
The lawsuit, awaiting final judgment in federal court in Chicago, seeks to force the U.S. Army to drop their financial support of the Jamboree, which amounts to about $2 million every four years, an ACLU spokesman said.
But Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Joe Richards said Monday's partial settlement will have minimal impact on the military's relationship with the Boy Scouts.
"The settlement does not prohibit the Department of Defense from supporting the Boy Scouts of America. Boy Scout units are permitted to meet on military bases, and military personnel are allowed to remain active in Boy Scout programs," Col. Richards said.
"Under the very limited settlement applying existing DoD policy, DoD may not officially sponsor Boy Scout units and DoD personnel may not sponsor Boy Scout units in an official capacity," he said, referring to the Department of Defense. "We are still going to support the Boy Scouts of America."
The ACLU sued Chicago Public Schools and the department in 1999 for sponsoring Boy Scout activities. The ACLU has filed numerous lawsuits across the country in the past several years, because it objects to the Boy Scouts' requirement that its members believe in God and because the group does not allow open homosexuals to serve as scoutmasters. At the time of this lawsuit, about 400 Boy Scout troops were officially sponsored by U.S. military bases. Since then, Mr. Bork said, all those troops have changed their charters and are now sponsored by Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion posts, as well as churches and other groups.
That is the practical effect that the ACLU was looking for, said Ed Yohnka, the group's Illinois spokesman.
"It was never our aim to somehow bar the Boy Scouts from using any facility. They should have equal access like anyone else. The only question was whether there should be any kind of special relationship," Mr. Yohnka said.
The ACLU still hopes to bar the military from spending money on preparing Fort A.P. Hill for the Jamboree, which has been held at the Caroline County base, 75 miles south of the District, six times since 1981.
The Boy Scouts "should have the same access as everyone else. Not everyone has $2 million spent to ready a facility for their annual meeting," Mr. Yohnka said.
Spokespersons at Washington-area military bases said Boy Scout troops, often composed mostly of boys from military families, meet on their bases but that the troops are run by parents.
"We have a troop at Bolling, but they are not called the Bolling Boy Scouts. Parents are involved. They meet at Bolling," said Capt. Elizabeth Ortiz, spokesman for Bolling Air Force Base in the District, adding that Bolling does not sponsor the troop.
Mr. Bork said the ACLU's actions show the watchdog group's lack of a "moral compass."
"This highlights more than anything else how rabid the ACLU is about the Scouts. They can't seem to let go of the Boy Scouts for anything. It's really unfortunate. They want to attack the Boy Scouts of America and the Pentagon for supporting the Boy Scouts, and they want to support kids running around naked in the woods."
Mr. Bork was referring to an ACLU lawsuit filed earlier this year in support of a proposed children's nudist camp in Virginia. A federal judge ruled in July that teens and children could not attend the camp without a parent or guardian.
"Their moral compass is turned around 180 degrees. I don't get it," Mr. Bork said.
I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should
do, By the grace of God, I will do. -Edward Everett Hale
Old 11-17-2004, 11:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One thing to bear in mind is that the ACLU represents and presumably supports NAMBLA. This is the very worst organization young boys could possibly be associated with, bar none. The continuous action against the Boy scouts verses the legal advocacy of NAMBLA just speaks of a pitifully bent compass needle and a disgusting journey to redefining ?North?. And all in the name of ?relativity?.

The book,?The Death of right and wrong? provides a good bit of insight into this absolute madness and wonton destruction of values and purposes. Oh, for those who may not be aware; NAMBLA=North American Man Boy Love Association and is comprised of presumably wealthy homosexual pedophiles looking to legitimize and defend their trip into the darkness.

Scamp
Old 11-17-2004, 11:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I am an Eagle scout, my son is an Eagle scout and my grandson is working on his Life. If you really want to understand the Boy Scout's stand on religion, just look at all the religious badges a kid can get: Protestant, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Armenian, Hindu. Zoroastrarian, Mormon. These are a few. All that is required is a belief in some higher power. By that definition even Wiccans can join. The ACLU just wishes it could be as tolerant. Environmentalists? The Boy Scouts were environmentally conscious when environmentalism wasn't cool, even in the teens and twenties. They called it conservation back then. Now Leave No Trace camping is taught when in the wilderness. Globalism? They have a merit badge called Citizenship in the World. It is required for the Eagle rank, along with Citizenship in the Nation and Citizenship in the Community. This Saturday we are picking up foodstufffs in bags we distributed a couple of weeks ago for Scouting For Food. We collect tons of food for the disadvantaged, even those cursed welfare recipients. We don't sue polluters, we clean up pollution. We don't protest logging, we plant trees. We clean up lakeshores, beaches. We even stopped a battle at Gettysburg. The scouts were at at the 50 year reunion at the battle site. Each of the veterans, the youngest in their seventies, had a Boy Scout to help them get around. Both the Union and Confederate vets met in good fellowship and things went very well until.... When they got to the bloody angle where fighting was worst and where Pickett's charge made it's only reaching of the Union lines, the "spirit" got the best of the old men and the second battle of Gettysburg started with canes as weapons. The Boy Scouts broke it up. Most important of all, we teach aboy what a real man is like. We respect the kid and show him he can do things he never imagined he could do. About a month ago we had a kid with a hip condition finish a 22 mile day hike in the mountains on the Appalachian Trail. We gave him ample opportunities to quit but he refused. This is a kid whose grandmother wouldn't even let him get up to get the TV remote. One of our boys after being in the Marines, hiked the entire Appalachian Trail in one summer, all 2400 miles of it. Another commands a unit of Apache attack choppers in Iraq. He is one of three that went to military academies. Not only that we have a former member of our troop teaching in the most liberal college in the nation the name which eludes me right now. It is the one group in the US that does not tie it's beliefs to the left or the right. There is ample room for attack from both the left or right but I believe in these polarized iconoclastic times are over we will need groups like this. Nobody supports ALL the Bill of Rights more than the Boy Scouts.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Well said Doc....keep up the fire brother!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-18-2004, 04:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

What Travis said Doc keep up the good fight.