The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2002, 07:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 6, And Gone...

...Today being one of the rare times that I can sneak out on an afternoon hunt, and the weather was perfect, everything was perfect, no stress, out on time to get there, not to far, and park, set up spray a little hand, and face wash, sun shing with a slight breeze blowing, just about the best conditions you could hope for...
...Set up, and start making my way to the cross trails up on the powerlines, and at the wishbone, I track right, and go up a few hundred yards, and start across the split again while laying down a little scent here, and a different scent there, and didn't go in up to the knee like I did a week ago, came back left of the bone where i settled into a spot that I've benn setting, up for almost two years now, by timing, and wind, etc...

...Went in clean as can be , and was in there not 20 minutes, and up the hill, then to the left comes what I'm thinking is a 4 door jeep 4 banger, and up the hill it goes, which a lot of guys do hit the top of the hill, drink a few beers, and TURN around, and away they go, so I don't think anything when their gone for 15 minutes, I've got plenty of time before sunset, and they'll be gone sure enough............................................ ..

...Not to be cause I didn't have enough time before I catch a movement off to my right, and it's MR. BUCK, and he's got his nose REALLY HIGH sniffing out those two littles damsels that I placed on the way in, and he's just about prancing out of the tree line, and scrub pines, and he coming in hard, and fast, and there isn't nothin' else on his mind but finding the "loves' " of his life...( which looked to be about 2 )...

...(Off to my left I see four mounted cowboys, off to my right ride a dozen or more)...

...Yep, nothin gonna stop him from seeing Toleo', ...EXCEPT,...,HERE COMES A BUZZING NOISE FROM THE NIMO TRAILS , and I hear it, and cannot believe their even trying it with what I thought was a jeep( I'm getting to it), and how they got that far amazes me still, BUT mr, buck just freezes cause he wants to go so bad, and here comes a rice rocket, and he knows their not making that much headway by the rpm's, and they rooster tails, and I know they know the difference between forward, and reverse sounds....

...He's standing 60/65 yards away from me in the open FROZEN, and i cant move, they bury the F*#KIN TRUCK IN A RUT, AND ARE SPINNING THE TIRES FOR 15 MINUTES, BACK, AND FORTH LIKE IT'S GONNA MOVE AFTER BEING STUCK IN THE FIRST PLACE ASSHOLES"....

...the 6 pointer just fianally turned , and went back into the wood line , and making tracks....

...I walked over to them,in kind of a huff for the 125 yards, and got a bout ten feet away while they were STILL spinng the tires, and during a lull, I said ' I want to thank you for *# up my afternoon hunt", and the kids jaw drops., and I get the "we're sorry man"...
... they are from "RPI" Rennsalaer Poly= tek= nik= Institute, a real wiz bang eng college here in the area, like 40,000 a year to go, and these assholes couldn't figure their """"TOYOTA""""" as it turned out to be, couldn't make it....
...I said "well, you got a come-a-long, , and he says ........no........., and I said "WELL I DO" , and before I could either offer it to him, or tell him he could stuff it up his.......,........he's on his cell phone, and his other four wheelin' buddy with a Jeep that was set up for the mud, with 33's, 6 " lift, and a winch, was already in the area shows up in 2 minutes...
... hoo kup, and,.........................................YES.. ......................
...pulls him into the rut, and rolls it on it's side, YES..... deep ruts, YES.... I just walked away, and walked back to my truck with a smile, cause I know they won't be back for a while, smart college boys them they are...................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2002, 08:56 PM

Default Enjoyed your tale...

...Don't think I could have been so reasonable...

ken
Old 11-08-2002, 09:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I'm proud of you!

Isn't shooting a guy riding on a atv that ruins your shot at a trophy buck called justifyable homicide? No red neck jury in Idaho would convict.

Keith