Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default My opinion #6. Actors

Where do they get off?
Why should we give a shit what there opinion is?
They act for a living, nothing they do is real. Rocky would get his ass kicked in a real boxing match. Bullit proff Chuck noris would be dead. Although, I have to say hear, that chuck keeps his political opinions to himself.
Now Mr. Strisand is doing a documentery on ronald Regan, This should be fair and unbiest from a Dem. Yea.
People----- stop giving a shit what actors think about anything, they are, by definission, not being truthfull.

Just my opinion
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2003, 03:05 PM

Ron you got plenty of opinion's today! Your really on a roll. haha

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:18 AM

Spell Star backwards!!!!!!

That is what most of them are.....

enough........
Old 10-22-2003, 05:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Actually, I'm glad you posted this.........

Ron, I was trying to figure out a good way to introduce this topic. Thank you for doing it for me. Should a star's political stance influence your decision to see a movie based on their talent? One example that immediately comes to mind is the new film, Mystic River. I despise Tim Robbins politics and Sean Penn's politics. I am not a big fan of Kevin Bacon either. However, I really like Clint Eastwood's directing so me and the wife went to the movie over the weekend. In spite of the fact that I disliked all three actors vis-avis their politics, etc. I must admit they turned in first rate performances. We both loved the movie.

I also like Johnny Depp but don't care for his attitude toward the US. The long and the short of it is that they are entertainers and they have first amendment rights too. They can say whatever they want. So long as they produce a quality product regarding film making, does it really matter what their political stance is?

Bill

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default T

Your view is what should happen, not what really happens. The actors have a stage to view there opinons about what ever they want to , through the media. We--- don't have a stage, therefor we use our money as a stage, If we don't like someones political views then we don't give them our money. Actors should stick to acting. They do have a right to speek there mind on a subject. and we have the right not to buy there stuff.
eg. Dixie Chicks--- they can talk bad about bush all they want, Those that agree with them can buy there stuff, Buuuuut, Those that don't agree can also NOT buy there stuff.

Ron