The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default My opinion #8, Criminals

When someone is found guilty of a crime and sentenced to death, He/She should be taken out and killed just after being found gilty. And killed in the same manor that they killed there victum.
What ever means, beat to death, strangled, cut, shot, etc. what they did is what they get.

Just my opinion
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2003, 07:49 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

My wife watches all of the crime tv shows. There was one on last week where a guy served 10 years for rape. Dna evidence eventually proved him innocent, and the guilty guy's dna profile was in the criminal database, so he got nailed. I'm glad that innocent guy hadn't been executed yet, but on the other hand, the Baton Rouge serial killer has been linked to 5 and possibly 6 women in our area by dna. If I were the husband or father of one of these girls, ................

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I understand those feelings but . . . . .

I have also seen the innocent railroaded. Tunnel visioned law enforcement has but many innocent behind bars.

Now if I was absolutely certain (ie confession, dna testing, many witnesses, etc.) I'd say go for it. But, the innocent must be protected.

Keith
Old 10-22-2003, 04:47 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Keith,
I might would take "confession" out of your statement. There have been people that have confessed and dna proved they were innocent. Some people just have a mental thing.

Chilidog
Old 10-22-2003, 05:51 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default All

No system is perfict, yes, there will be some "inocent" people exicuted,
Law enforcment needs to do a better job, the courts need to make ever effort to keep inocent from being put to death, The persons lawyer needs to protect there client better. Scientific comunity needs to step up, (DNA) All this needs to happen, but if the person is found gilty, then they shoud be killed, in the same mannor as they killed. The End, NEXT!!!

Ron

PS.
Don't do the crime????
Old 10-22-2003, 06:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Our criminal justice system is a total disgrace from the highest levels to the very bottom. I suspect as many as 15% or more of the individuals on death row nation-wide are innocent. ( On going DNA investigations are bearing this out ... ) The reason they are there in the first place is primarily of stupidity on their part, but mainly poor representation by legal counsel. If you are wealthy or can borrow the money, your chance at a "fair trial' ( what ever that is ! ), increases exponentially ( sp ). On the other end of the criminal justice horror, you can pick up the Memphis, TN. newspaper just about any week and find a picture(s) of a young black male in their early 20s who has just committed and been apprehended in connection with a heinous crime and who usually has a rap sheet ( list of prior felonies .. either accused of and / or
convicted of ) which includes, rape, assault, robbery, car theft and worse. You ask yourself over and over again, why do these folks keep getting away with these crimes, and when convicted, why do they only serve a fraction of their sentences ? I am sure the recidivism ( sp ) rate is very high for many of these folks. I have been involved with the legal system, as a juror twice ( City and Federal ), and with some legal problems both my sons have had.
The best solution is to avoid getting caught in the system at all, but if you are, get the best lawyer you can find, and PRAY a lot...

Larry

DEO VINDICE
Old 10-22-2003, 07:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default MD

Those inicent people on death row didn't get there by accident, They are most probibly long term criminals. I can't feel sorry for them.
Like the Rodney King thing in LA. The media showed over and over 6 cops standing over King beating him, People really think that someone went PRESTO and Rodney King was being beaten by cops. What they didn't show you at all was the officer confronting King and king swinging at the officer and not complying, More officers were called in, and still king was not co-operating, A tazzor was used and he pulled the 20,000 volts out of himself and continued to fight with officers. The rest of the tape is what the grand jury saw and exonerated the police officers. slapping one on the wrist.
If the media would have just shown the whole tape the LA riots would not have happend, but then they wouldn't have the riots to cover and more FILM at eleven.

Ron
Old 10-22-2003, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ron...

Agree with you 100%,...and agree with most all the others 100%.

I know such doesn't make too much sense, since so contradictory. But, since so much in America has evolved into POLITICALLY OR PERSONALLY WINNING ABOVE ALL ELSE in all facets, and especially amongst politicos, lawyers and courts,...I just can't think any other way. Plus, so much is determined in courts lately by the flip-of-a-coin and/or: "He said - she said" and suspect or questionable evidence (witheld or deemed: "Prejudicial" evidence also),...also don't believe that a Jury Verdict truly actually proves diddly-squat anymore. The System itself has just gotten so perverted and more so a media event than anything else. Fortunate for some, and unfortunate for others.

Still,...it always amazes me that those perpetually pleading their innocence even after conviction, are the ones where The State most always insists that "They" be executed as quick as possible, even when knowing that some doubt as to their actual guilt exists. Whereas, those where the only questions arising are whether accountable for 100 bodies(?) or 200 bodies(?),...are defended adnauseam.

Guess there's just no money to be made by MANY,...if mass-murderers are dispatched quickly? Or, maybe it doesn't do much for political advancement if determined responsible for railroading an innocent man or woman?

Whatever, and whether or not: "Justice is blind",...one things for certain lately in America. Such being that Justice in America most certainly isn't always JUST. Lately, it's more so Show-biz and/or entertaining and Newsworthy,...than anything else.

So then,...I guess it's fair to say that I'm 100% for The Death Penalty, and 100% against The Death Penalty. Naturally, regarding those where there's even the slightest chance of being innocent. Flat-out and unquestionable killers, I say: "Hang-em High",...and as quickly as possible. That will save Tax Dollars,...even though proving quite costly to The Press/Media.

Neil
Old 10-22-2003, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

A big problem with the judicial system in this country is that "The Law" and "Justice" are two different things.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Doc.2/47

39-
Agree 100%.Except that those found guilty of multiple murders should be executed multiple times when posible.Example:the woman found guilty of drowning her two children because they stood in the way of her dateing desires should have been drowned with a heart monitor attached and the moment her heart stopped she should have pulled out and revived to the point she was fully aware of what was going on,then dropped back in permanently.

Every posible care should be taken to avoid haveing an innocent person found guilty of any crime but it is the responsibility of the judge and jury to determine guilt or innocence;not the media or anyone else.

I worked in a max. security prison for about 8yrs. and would be hard put to count the number of murders commited by inmates who had at one time been sentenced to death but had had their sentences reduced to life without parole.If the death sentence is off the table what have they got to lose?Many of those killed were inmates who had been convicted of relatively minor offences or prison personel who had never been convicted of anything.Don't these folks deserve some consideration too?Seems to me that failure to carry out the death penalty has the effect of killing a lot of other folks all too often.