The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2008, 05:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default $137 bbl oil? WHATS UP WITH THAT CONSERVATIVES??!!

In regards to the "There is no Magic Wand" message put out by the Bush administration it needs to be pointed out that in 2000 George Bush was talking completely out of the other side of his mouth:

http://www.nytimes.com/library/polit...00wh-bush.html
"...Gov. George W. Bush of Texas said today that if he was president, he would bring down gasoline prices through sheer force of personality, by creating enough political good will with oil-producing nations that they would increase their supply of crude.
"I would work with our friends in OPEC to convince them to open up the spigot, to increase the supply," Mr. Bush, the presumptive Republican candidate for president, told reporters here today. "Use the capital that my administration will earn, with the Kuwaitis or the Saudis, and convince them to open up the spigot."

So......Hows that working out, repuglicans??? Where's that magic personality now??Did the force of George Bush's personality keep the price of gas low??? Did he "use the capital that my administration will earn, with the Kuwaitis or the Saudis, and convince them to open up the spigot."..."

How well did that work out?? the cost of a barrel of oil just went UP another $10 on Friday! To $137bbl!!

This is just another of the vapid empty promises that george Bush was elected on and his lala-land polcies have ledthe country to complete disaster in almost every aspect. Bush has tried to get OPEC to lower prices or increrase production twice in the last year----hows that worked out?

When George Bush took office oil was $17/bbl----now its $137bbl, EIGHT TIMES the price it was when he took over. This is UNPRECEDENTED!! There's never been an eight year period when the price of oil went up EIGHT TIIMES!! I guess all the previous presidents in history were just lucky??

There's more of this idiocy:
"..."Ours is a nation that helped Kuwait and the Saudis, and you'd think we'd have the capital necessary to convince them to increase the crude supplies," he said...."

Well you'd think so, wouldn't you, but Bush has produce no evidence of it in the last 7+ years. Bush believes in keeping his hands off business unless he's bailing them out. Here's how much capital we had: NONE of the Middle East nations joined the Coalition of the Paid, not even our ally Turkey

"...Asked why the Clinton administration had not been able to use the power of personal persuasion, Mr. Bush said: "The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' "
He went on to suggest, as he did in answer to other questions, that voters should simply trust him.
"I will be," he said in answer to his own question about whether he would be a successful president. "But until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective."

So Bush promised to be a more efffective President than Clinton---and the cost of oil went up 8 TIMES and he DOUBLED the national debt.

So the verdict of history has come down and it has shown george Bush to be a liar who made empty promises he didn't have prayer of keeping.

Vote Democratic in November---America can't afford another repuglican president!!

USS Repuglican policy
Old 06-09-2008, 07:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More cheerful news

From the Wall Street Journal:
"....The U.S. unemployment rate posted its sharpest one-month increase in 22 years last month, suggesting U.S. consumers already facing a housing slump and soaring gasoline prices now confront even more pressure from a weakening jobs market.

The data, which included a fifth-straight drop in nonfarm employment, should take financial-market expectations of Federal Reserve rate increases as soon as this autumn off the table.

alt="unemployment">

"...Nonfarm payrolls, which are calculated by a survey of establishments, declined 49,000 in May, the Labor Department said. The decline was broad-based, including manufacturing, construction, retail trade and business services. Payrolls fell 28,000 in April and 88,000 in March. Both were revised to show slightly larger drops....."

FIVE stright negative months of job decline, after 7+ year of Bush misrule. Oh well, at least rich people got their taxcut---Mission Accomplished, Georgieboy!!

the Bush administration has the worst record in job creation and unemployment since they started keeping records of it
Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More bad news

Bush's Borrow and Squander economic policies have led to the highest debt our country's ever been in

The Federal Reserve has released the latest Flow of Funds report. This is a veritable goldmine of economic information about the US economy. There are a few points that really stand out to my mind.

All the figure area annually projected numbers.

Total debt outstanding -- that is personal, corporate and government debt outstanding -- is $31.758 trillion. Total US GDP is $14.196 trillion. That means that there is 2.23 times the amount of debt in the US relative to the total value of the US economy.

Total household debt is $13.960 trillion. That means total household debt as a percentage of GDP is 98.33%. Disposable income at the national level is $10.502 trillion. That means that total household debt is 132.92% of disposable income at the national level.

That's a ton of debt, isn't it? That means that the US, personally, corporately and governmentally owes 2.23 times as much as we're worth.

bush's Borrrow and Squander policies have led this country to the brink of disaster

Last edited by exlrrp; 06-09-2008 at 07:25 AM. Reason: You are not my Mom, I don't have to answer that
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default exllrp,...

Glad to see you back with very same & newly titled (Yesterday's had: "BUSH FULL OF CRAP"
as part of title),...before obviously deleting it and thus my or anyones debunkings thereafter.

Noticed quite a few of DNC Mantra Debunkings being lost to that new: "Lost Data Base"
phenomima occuring lately. Have others noticed that most deletions are quite selective?

Neil

P.S. Hope this response doesn't go purposefully: "The Way of The Winds", also?