The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2004, 03:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

This has turned into a wild thread ..I just read most of it..

Thanks Sis for the V V A W leaflet !! It will be forwarded.

Zuni_rocket ... Welcome aboard !!!

For anyone who gives a shit..watch the CBS Evening News today or check their website about conditions over there. Mosul is in bad shape. One province is about to fall, and 16 cities are under siege. The prez says next month there will be a big offensive and all be be well by January..it is just like Vietnam folks. Also people are leaving Iraq for America in droves and guess what they get when they get here ? City, state and federal welfare, tax credits, jobs, ansd subsidized housing...

Larry
Old 09-29-2004, 06:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

To your wonderfully enlightened post I might add a short note about the nuke material that formerly belonged to the Libyans, and now resides in the US at Oakridge. Had the diplomatic skills of GWB and company not been exercised, the Libyans could have actually produced a crude nuke within 3-5 years. And to think that we got all that stuff without firing a shot.........

Zuni, my advice is buy a larger bottle of PeptoBismol, and take an occasional swig, as ol' Gimpy will frequently make you sick. His level of pure, unadulterated hatred for GWB has poisoned what's left of his brain, and he just can't help himself. If you disagree with him, sooner or later, probably sooner, you'll be called names that only replicate his childish behavior. But he does have such stalwart cohorts as Jane Fonda, Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, Kwaze Mfume, and Hillary Clinton.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hodon, hodon, aarrgg, it looks like Unca sugar teat and Edwards the Esquire aren?t on the same nuke bash Bush page. Yikes, I bet they hate it when that happens. :ek:

Sharpen up boys, ya gots to be a sayin the same thing ya know.

Speaking of nukes, TJ was out to Nevada just a bit ago and was Bush bashing about the Yucca Mountain project. ?Not on my watch?, says he. Then in another scripted event elsewhere, he claims to be in much favor of nuke power. Poor Sen. Harry Reed, he gets the crowd all lathered up, Kerry speaks, then kersmacko, TJ goes elsewhere, says the opposite, and Harry losses much face. No wonder hapless Harry is pretending to be an Independent for this election.

Scamp
Old 09-29-2004, 08:59 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Larry,
Why would anyone who had half a brain watch CBS News?

Peace,Griz
Old 09-29-2004, 09:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Very good question Griz !!

When I am in the mood ( not often these days ) to try to see what may be going on in the world, I scan all 10 news channels .. ( FOX CBS NBC ABC CNN CNN ( H ) BBC PBS MSNBC and a couple of others...then I look on the web at maybe 15 or so places....then lastly, the newspaper ( ours is terrible )....it takes maybe an hour or so.....

When you do this, you begin to see how the "news" is manufactured, manipulated, homognized, and mostly distorted all to hell and back by just about everybody...

It is so bad now that CBS NBC and ABC have the SAME stories on at the SAME time many times, with almost the same words, while madly hawking prescription drugs and a bunch of other stuff for old farts like us... LOL

I only do this when I feeling good..sometimes I go for a week or more and don't read any newspapers or watch the news at all...
It doesn't help much either way..

All the best,

Larry
Old 09-30-2004, 08:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Right you are, Larry. Objective reporting and information presentation has become an extinct profession in most instances. Given time, energy and curiosity most stories can be run to ground by using multiple sources and looking for deception by omission or slight of hand opining whilst supposedly presenting objective information. If nothing else, this election season has totally negated the chorus of media squawking about not being biased and has hastened the demise of the media, as we know it today. What?s next is anybody?s guess but what we have today is closer to entertainment then it is to any recognizable form of professional journalism. Alas, most of it is akin to watching Peewee Herman do hand tricks with his one-eyed pocket lizard. Ha, I?d rather not, Rather.

I have researched some topics from the 1870?s just for grins and to see what the media was up to in those times. The good news is that not a lot has changed except the size of the audience and the speed of information flow, and the bad news is that we have greatly improved in terms of speed of deception and levering information to a totally unrecognizable form.
Some of the various media pundits of those times would certainly qualify to work at today?s CBS, yikes. It?s not polite or nice to cast aspersions on those long past, but jeeze, those guys must have grown really, really long noses.

Scamp
Old 09-30-2004, 12:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry

There were two occasions.

Once, in 1984 when I voted for Ronnie Reagen. And I DID admit I was wrong later in 1985 BTW .

And another time in 1990 when I THOUGHT I was wrong about Dick(head) Cheney......but in fact turned out to be RIGHT after all!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Awe-come-on....Gimpy.

Just because you and like prefer a: "Fonda-like" Vietnam War Protestor like Kerry as A Wartime Commander-In-Chief,...that's no reason to call anybody a; "Dick (head) ". Even though most already know that The DNC are some: "Pretty-Sick-Puppies" in general,...still do they actually approve of such name callings or slurs of any or all opposing? Seems quite childish to me,...and even when the: "Sick-Puppies" are highly paid political hacks.

Besides, VERY MANY VETERANS here on patriotfiles.com, don't think as highly of the most notable, most vocal, and most trouble causing of Vietnam War Protestor LEADERS, War Prolongers and/or American Casualty Increasers (in the thousands),...as you apparently do. Gimpy,...what's your point at doing so? Is there one? :cd: :cd: :cd:

Neil
Old 10-01-2004, 06:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yeah

I happen to think he IS one!..............

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy...

You make no sense.

Neil

P.S. Gimpy,

At the bottom of your quite profound reply ,...doesn't ex-Col. Hackworth believe that even only ONE of the doctors (the ONE stating: "Saw worse wound from a rose bush" and "BandAid covered and sent away") was a VIABLE WITNESS to Kerry's absurd, absolutely miraculous and never hospital requiring THREE PURPLE HEARTS acquired in Vietnam,...in only a 3-4 month period???

Besides, the only witnessing officer on scene was Kerry Himself. Kerry filled out The Reports as liked. Kerry then SELF-RECOMMENDED himself to superiors FROM HIS REPORTS for ALL Purple Hearts, and SELF-RECOMMENDED himself for battle (or whatever) decorations FROM HIS REPORTS. No doubt took care of The Boys also,...if only for validation purposes.

The Brass in all likelihood went along with: "Rambo Kerry",...just to get him out of their hair. Likely stated: "Hey,...let The U.S. Congress put up with HIM for awhile (re. Kerry's Vietnam War Protestor Leader YEARS)".

Regardless, once heard: "Old Hack" speak on TV.
He certainly seemed a-hell-of-a-lot more sensible and much less politically echoing than that,...at the time.
Guess we all get older for sure (if lucky),...but not necessarily wiser? Whatever happened? Hackworth once never echoed anyone. That's just too bad.