The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Homeland Security

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2006, 10:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to zuni_rocket
Default The National Guard at Border will now have armed guards

This is absolutely Amazing ! How damned stupid can we get here ?? This is justmorePolitical Correctness Claptrap ! Call Your Congressman & tell them that our troops should be armed & that this is BULLS#IT !

Our National Guard troops deployed along the U.S.-Mexico border as part of President Bush's plan to free U.S. Border Patrol agents have been assigned bodyguards -- some of the same agents the soldiers were sent to relieve.
Several veteran Border Patrol agents in Arizona told The Washington Times they were issued standing orders to be within five minutes of National Guard troops along the border and that Border Patrol units were pulled from other regions to protect the Guard units -- leaving their own areas short-handed.
The agents, who refer to the assignment as "the nanny patrol," said most of the Guard troops are not allowed to carry loaded weapons, despite a significant increase in border violence directed at Border Patrol agents and other law-enforcement personnel over the past year.
The National Border Patrol Council (NBPC), which represents all 10,000 of the agency's nonsupervisory agents, said the presence of more than 6,000 Guard troops on the border has allowed a few hundred agents to be reassigned from administrative to field duties, but that "about the same number are now assigned to guard the National Guard troops."
"Other agents are being assigned to supervise the National Guard troops, who are performing different administrative tasks," said NBPC President T.J. Bonner, a 28-year Border Patrol veteran.
"Overtime has been authorized for these duties, but was not authorized for patrolling the border prior to the arrival of the National Guard."
Nearly 6,200 Guard troops have been deployed along the border from California to Texas as part of "Operation Jump Start," Mr. Bush's $760 million plan to increase the number of Border Patrol agents actually patrolling the 1,951-mile Southwest border.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) spokesman Mike Friel yesterday said National Guard troops are not at the border in a law-enforcement capacity, but only to report illegal entries to the Border Patrol.
"The Border Patrol's priority mission is to detect, deter and apprehend individuals crossing illegally into the United States," Mr. Friel said.
"It makes sense that agents would be nearby the National Guard members who are there to be our eyes and ears in order to respond immediately and apprehended the illegal aliens."
About a third of the Guard force is assigned to entry-identification teams, which monitor major illegal-immigration and drug-smuggling corridors along the border -- mostly in Arizona. Using binoculars, night-vision equipment and Global Positioning Systems, the teams seek to spot anyone entering the country illegally and report their position to the Border Patrol.
The troops also are building roads and fences, adding cameras and sensors, conducting aerial reconnaissance, providing medical aid and communications support, performing administrative duties, gathering intelligence from border cameras, assisting at highway checkpoints, and working as mechanics to repair the agency's trucks and cars.
The operation was designed to give the Border Patrol time to recruit and train 6,000 new agents to bring its field strength to 17,000.
CBP Commissioner Ralph Basham has said the Guard's deployment had "made a powerful impact on the security of our southern border," adding that fewer people were crossing illegally into the United States. He also said the Guard's deployment had enabled more than 315 agents to be moved from back-office administrative functions to frontline border-enforcement duties.
Mr. Bonner also said Border Patrol agents were ordered to chase away the "scouts" posted by alien and drug smugglers in the hills on the border, who report by radio the location of law-enforcement personnel. He said that assignment began a few days before the National Guard troops were deployed.
"While I'm sure that Border Patrol management will claim these measures are being undertaken to ensure the safety of the National Guard troops, it is obvious they will also push the smuggling traffic to other areas," he said. "Since many areas of the border are still not being observed or patrolled, it is no more difficult today to avoid detection and apprehension than it was before the deployment of the National Guard."
"This should not be interpreted as criticism of these dedicated soldiers. Unfortunately, they are being used as political pawns by this administration in its ill-advised quest to sell its myopic and harmful immigration-reform package," he said.
Mr. Bonner also said he doubted there was a "legitimate need" for 6,000 administrative personnel to support a work force of fewer than 12,000 agents.
He and the senior agents also questioned whether Operation Jump Start has been as successful as Bush administration and Border Patrol officials have suggested, challenging estimates last week that the apprehension of illegals aliens dropped by 45 percent since the National Guard's arrival.
"The statistics they cite in support of their claims of success are extremely misleading," Mr. Bonner said, adding that apprehensions from May to July were compared with those from March to May.
"There always is a significant seasonal decline in apprehensions at that time of the year, generally about 30 percent. This year's decline was somewhat higher, about 45 percent, primarily because of the record-breaking heat in June and July, not the presence of the National Guard troops."
Mr. Bonner said in comparing apprehensions from Oct. 1 to July 31 with the same period in 2004-2005, apprehensions are down 3 percent, which he called "statistically insignificant."
"It is much more accurate to say that a million illegal aliens were caught trying to sneak across our borders this year, and several million more did so successfully," he said.
By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2006, 04:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

All our National Guard troops should get the same orders that Israel gives their Troops and give them the right to bear Loaded M-16s and the right to Self defence. Mexico sure arms their soldiers on OUR shared border.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends & Fellow Patriots...

And Americans are just concerned about
terrorists and terrorism?

Besides, this has to be about the sorriest
form of: "Homeland Security" imaginable, and even by
America's quite typically asinine political standards/dictates.

Hell,...why don't we just job-out The Mexican Border Security
to The Mexicans,...and be done with it?
Then EVERYONE (re. American & Mexican POLITICIANS)
WILL BE HAPPY & CONTENT, and together live happily
ever after here in: "Hong Kong West", Washington, DC,
Mexico City, or even in UN Building.

Neil

P.S. Don't particularly like the necks of me and mine being
always put-on-the-block by the PC DICTATES of neither Anglo
or Hispanic Politicians. Never did - never will.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:16 PM

I agree Neal! The ole 5 minute sound bite & then after all has settled down ever thing is back the same ole same.. There is a guy who I know who got into some trouble with the law, did his time got out and a friend got him a job as a laborer for a brick mason which he had been steadily working for the past couple years but recently got let go a few weeks back, this just out of the clear blue sort of ,anyway he told me he went to pick up his last check & found out that the crew he had worked with were doing a job not far from where he lived, so he rode by & didn't stop or he said he'd be back in prison as they'd replaced him and a black guy with day laborers.. there are so many around here in Virginia. I am really ashamed at both democrat & republican but sorry that Bush is doing this.
Along with the Senate, don't know if you saw Buchanan last night but he said that there is a amnesty in the works for business in that Senate Bill.. Screw the unions, the American worker, our health care system, Laws, I have never seen anything like this in my life.
I could never have voted for John Kerry but if I had know that our troops would be restricted to limited force or just police & every charge of force investigated I would have said no way ! Here's a guy out of work now & is looking for work but has to compete against these illegals who don't pay jack! Jim Bishop Conservative
Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 PM

I have to agree with what was done. It would be a "Cold day in Hell" before I would issue live ammunition to a National Guardsman on Border Detail. They ARE NOT TRAINED for this kind of mission! Ones that have been deployed to a combat theater......? Yes. But the rest of them.....hell NO! We would be looking for trouble if we armed them with live ammo. Do youi remember Kent State?

Can you just see the headlines? ........National Guard Massacres Mexican and Canadian Immigrants!

Wait till the Democrats take over congress and the White House and then give the National Guard ammo and put them on the border. Within a week they will give the Republican Party enough ammo to overturn the Dims at the next election.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:56 AM

I would whole heartedly agree that this is no job or place for the NG. Considering our country is being invaded by hostile force's crossing our border's in the form of immigrants and let's be specific "ILLEGAL" immigrants ! How many how these trespasser's are old Contra fighters, Drug runner's and Bandito's, pervert's and many are Arabs disguised as Hispanics. All looking for more than just a guest worker position & to send some dinero's to send back home to repair the Casa de Veggie Picker. Good reason to build a fence at the border. It seems more reasonable to have our troops at the Mexico border until they can put a fence that will stop this flow of humanity that threatens the well being of out National resources. I give Bill Clinton Low marks as a President but Bush has been a colossal disappointment. He is aware of these alarming numbers. All these illegal's kids are attending schools reason why our kids test scores have drop in case you didn't know cause they have having difficultly with keeping up with the stand curriculum, either they don't speak English well or teacher doesn't speak Spanish. We as tax payers are getting bent over for the costs and our kids are getting help back. Most other conservative minded folks I talk to tend to agree. He tries to please everybody & mostly the PC crowd here of late. Political Correctness be damned!
Respectfully,
James Bishop

A pox on Democat's and Rockafeller Republicans aka RINO's!

I have inluded two good videoclips that you will find informative and may also wish to pass around to some of your friends. jb

<http://tinyurl.com/y2wly7>

<http://tinyurl.com/zg634>
Old 11-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 5 minutes

Man a lot can happen in 5 minutes to someone who is unarmed and overwhelmend by greater odds. I truly hope that someone in Washington wakes up and allows our National Guardsman be armed themselves.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 11-09-2007, 05:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

We don't need the National Guard. Just have a bunch of rednecks set up some lawn chairs, a case of Lone Star Draft, and a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels, then tell them its huntin' season...no limits! Any illegal would be insane to go anywhere near the border.