The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2004, 05:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Kids wearing Rubber "sex bracelets"

Kids wearing Rubber "sex bracelets"

NYP)-- A bizarre new kids' sex craze is sweeping the city's elementary schools.

Girls as young as 11 are stacking colorful rubber "sex bracelets" up their arms while their parents are unaware that each piece of the cheap jewelry represents a different sex act, according to a secret-code the kids share.

Some symbolize an invitation to kinky get-togethers, several kids told The Post.

The kids play a game called "Snap" associated with wearing the bracelets. In the game, girls wear the bracelets around their wrists, and if a boy runs up and rips one off, he gets a "coupon" from the girl to perform whatever sex act the color stands for.

A black bracelet indicates sexual intercourse, blue is oral sex, red is a lap dance or French kiss and white is a homosexual kiss - and it gets more in depth.

Green represents having sex outside.

Some of the bracelets stand for specific sexual positions, and there's even a light-green glow-in-the-dark version that means "using sex toys."

Megan Stecher, 11, a fifth-grader who sells the $1 bracelets to her classmates at Holy Child Jesus School in Richmond Hill, Queens, for $1.25 said her teachers are not aware of what they symbolize.

"No one wants to tell them, either," Megan said. "Everyone collects and wears all the colors to school, and all the kids know exactly what every color stands for." "One person tells someone, and they tell someone else, and that's how it spread," Megan said. "I heard about it in the neighborhood."

Megan's mother, Michelle Stecher, 33, originally thought it was an innocent fashion fad.

"I thought it was an outrageous Britney Spears phase, like Madonna used to do in the '80s with the black rubber bracelets," she said.

"But when I found out, I was outraged. I sent her to Catholic school to avoid things like this.

"I thought this could never, ever happen there."

Arial Martinez, Megan's best friend, also 11, said the bracelets became so widely known around her Bronx school, PS 60 in Woodlawn, that the teachers and principal banned the students from wearing them to class.

She said the teachers found out what they symbolize "because everyone was wearing them and talking about them all the time."

Arial said that as her friends find more colors, they try to describe new sex acts.

"I found out from kids on my block, and the word just spread fast," she said. "But I don't think it's right for young kids."

The neighborhood kids are buying the bracelets for a dollar a dozen at local 99 cent stores and beauty shops.

Many retailers are oblivious as to why they're selling the bracelets by the boatload.

"Last week, I had to order extras, so many kids were coming in for them," said Ming Zhang, who works at Aina Gift Shop on Jamaica Avenue. "I don't know why."

Although Megan says that neither she nor any friends of hers are actually having sex, she is savvy to all the graphic sex terms and the corresponding colors.

Megan's mom wonders where this all started and how the kids got so educated about sex.

"I'm just wondering who started this whole thing and how it reached Megan in her Catholic school," Michelle Stecher said. "I mean, I told her about the birds and the bees, but this is too much.

"I want the school to know what's going on with the kids and put a stop to it."

Fifth grader Megan Stecher shows off her array of "sex" jelly bracelets in front of her school.

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp...0&nav=EyAzNN6S

Ellie
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2004, 11:12 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Foot note

Once Megan went public with this she was told by her school principal that she would not be accepted at her school next year. Having been determined to be trouble maker, she'll attend public schooling.
Always shoot the messenger, ignore the message.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

They had a story about this out here about 6 months ago. Once they interviewed some kids at the local schools they found most had no idea about it until they were asked about it.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:31 PM

This kid will be a billionaire one day!

John.
History nut,
Cranky old codger.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:04 PM

My kids have worn these bracelet for a few years now. When I told them about this article they had no idea what I was talking about. And we have a very open honest relationship. They always tell me about who's messing around with whom and who's doing drugs and what kind.
My 17 year old quit wearing them as soon as she read the article. She didn't want that kind of reputation.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 05-27-2004, 08:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

This was a publicity stunt instigated by this girl's mother. Of course the "news" ( I use that term very loosely ) ran with it...total bullshit.

Larry
Old 05-28-2004, 11:05 AM

I agree its a bs story. People wore them back home and it didn't mean anything. Its just a fad some idiot juts needed a news story.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wittingly or no, young Megan got her few seconds of fame very early in life. How about that crock of crap for a kiddo?s youthful scrapbook, eh? The media high-speed, cannibalistic, barracudas that published the pic and named names ought to be properly whipped with a green willow stick and, told, ?Screw you, strong letter to follow?.

If we are to judge people by the quality of their mercy, I?d say that this mob of mindless media bilge rats wouldn?t even know what the word mercy means and will be judged accordingly. Full grown adults do all kinds of stupid, bad stuff to report on, so why not just leave the little kiddos alone for the proper authority figures to work with and possibly get them sorted out in a merciful way if necessary.

Scamp