The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2002, 07:03 PM

Default 2nd Ranger Dog Company

I am writing a book about my grandparents for all my aunts and uncles. I would like to include as much information about my grandpa's military service as possible but I don't know much about him.

If anyone out there fought with him in World War II I would love to be contacted immediately. I am very desperate for information.

His name is Edwin O. Geery, Sr. and he was born in Harvey, Iowa. He landed in the south of France but was never in Germany. (although he fought the Germans). My dad tells me it was because of his company that France was not overtaken by the Germans. Would like more info on that.

If you can help me I would really appreciate it. I don't want the future grandkids to forget what their great grandfather did for them.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2002, 07:57 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default OK I'll bite

I am trying to figure you out, I was curious and looked at the post because when I first went into the Army we still had a very few WWII vets on active duty. One of my master sergents jumped into Normandy with Allied Airborne with dogs.

The germans did occupy France and I never knew that the 2nd Rangers had a dog company. Possibly you are refering to Dog Company of the 2nd Ranger Battalion. My father-in-law defeated Japan single handed. At least that was what my brother-in-law told everyone at school when he was 7 years old. My Father-in-law went to the Philippines as a Meterologist. Japan surrendered 2 weeks after he got there so my brother-in-law told everyone that his dad had won the war. Could be the same as how your grandfathers company stopped the Germans from occupying France. Please Clarify.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:22 AM

Smile Edwin O. Geery

I have been doing research on Beatrice Mather Geery Edwin's mother. If you have any info on her please e-mail me back. Beatrice is my 1st cousin 3 times removed.

nettech_00@yahoo.com
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote