The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2003, 02:09 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question We Lose?

Democracy in action, just so long as the will of the majority coincides with the demands of the vested few!?

Some 50,000,000 Americans signed up not to be screwed around with by telemarketers, calling them in their homes, during their quality free time, or on their individual telephones! Telephones, I might add, that each and every one of us, personally pays the tab on!

Sometime back, I myself had a telemarketing outfit, one hawking a different phone service, call me late at night. I had been sick, I was dog-tired, and I was in no mood to tolerate being woken up!

When I informed the nasty gal that I did not appreciate being woken up by someone demanding that I switch phone carriers, the bitch called me every name in the book and slammed the phone down on my ear!

The very next morning, I called the corporate HQ of the offending phone company, only to be informed by them that it was not their fault, as they had hired an outside outfit to do their soliciting for them!

I then demanded, to no avail, the name of the telemarketing firm, and when that failed, I asked to speak to the General Manager. ?This request too was ignored!?

?Well here we go again!!?

?Fifty Million American Households? have signed on ?NOT? to be bugged by telephone solicitors, selling everything from insurance to newspapers (and all points in between)! Yet one (or so) stinking judges have (again) over-ruled the will of the majority, and by doing so, have forcefully invaded even the sanctity of our homes!

Naturally, these telemarketers insist that it is their ?Constitutional Guarantee To Free Speech? that grants them the right to be pains in the ass (opinion), and as such, the telemarketers and a few judges have been awarded far more power than we mere tax payers, voters and citizens!?

Chalk up another one for those government protected (?) god$, who are, by virtue of absolute power, connection$, and lobby-lizards, far above the will of the mere majority!

Hell, if election results can be manipulated on some levels, nothing else can be held as sacred! (Just more opinions)

VERITAS
Old 09-26-2003, 03:29 PM

Default IMHO

I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone, let alone a federal judge, can consider any type of telemarketing "free speech". These intrusive calls are not political motivated, they are not expressing any opinion and they are not being voiced in a "public forum. They are however, only doing one thing; marketing. These people have absolutely no regard for my (or any one else's) right to privacy in my own home and my right to restrict calls coming into my home on phone lines and equipment that I either bought or lease for my personal use.
I bet that BOTH of these judges are of the liberal bent and have made it their personal agenda to rewrite the Constitution. The Legal branch of our triune government was founded to INTERPET laws not WRITE the laws. Therefore, when our federal congress passed a law to restrict telemarketer intrusions by means of a "Do Not Call" list (supported by over 50,000 voting individuals, who by the way, are exercising their own right of free speech) these outlaw" judges usurped their authority and declared the law unconstitutional. These idiots need to be recalled / impeached by the Congress for gross abuse of the power granted to them by the Constitution. This is, by the way, short of death, the only means to remove a federal judge, since these men and women are appointed for life.
I say contact your congressman / congresswoman and demand an immediate impeachment proceeding be convened.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:23 PM

Well Hardcore and Sgt Tropo.

I do agree one hundred percent, I have to say that.

What we have in our househole is a Caller ID. IFN we dont know the number or name ( of which many times is unknown or unknown name), well we just dont answer the damn thing. If they want to leave a message they will do it, but none of the Telemarkers does that.

Just a simple way to take matters in your own hands.

BTW , our phone is turned down every night, so we dont hear it, and like I said, If it is important they will leave a message.

For Telemarketing, I think the VA and them should join the bottom of the list.......................

enough................
Old 09-26-2003, 09:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

Sarge, reeb, etc, etc., etc -

"Right On Bros."

With some 50,000,000 people (and climbing) tired of uninvited guests dropping in on the telephone daily, who in the hell are one or two judges to tell us that we have to grin and bare this unconscionable intrusion!

Am I to assume that we now can send all of our telephone bills to these "Big Brothers In Long Black Skirts", and they will cover (pay) them for us?

Hey, how about these judges publishing their numbers nationally so that we can all call them incessantly with pitches and bull shit until it flows out their ears, all hours of the day and night!? I mean - "Freedom Of Speech Works Both Ways, Does It Not?

And hell, while you're at it, don't stop at removing the "Ten Commandments" from federal buildings - demand that God too, remove all mention of right and wrong from the very gates of Heaven Itself!!

"And for the record, how long, do you think, they (these judges who give your rights away), would tolerate the invasion of their own privacies?"

"Can you count to three quickly?"

Ah, now I get it - "It's the old political "Don't Do As I Do, Rather Do As I Say" scenario!!" Can these judges spell - "BULL SHIT?"

"Hey, the judges in question are right in a way you know!" Freedom of speech is quintessential to our democracy - so how about they give us all their home phone numbers too, so that "We The People" (all 300,000,000 of us) can call them each and every night to tell them what we really think of them and/or their decision to allow telemarketers to (literally) rape our minds and our wallets on a regular basis?

What's good for "Us Silly Gooses", after all (that is those who pay these judges salaries)", is certainly good for those "Judicial Goof-Offs", who splash around in those backwaters of polluted logic!

Hey "Your Honors", why don't you call me late tonight and maybe I can re-educate you on a few of those four-letter words that you haven't heard since your old college dorm days!? You do remember those happier times when you and your bunkies were swilling down the suds at your own expense, instead of the expense of the people who hired you and trusted you!

"Or could it possibly be that it "WAS" your elected pals who placed a few of you goof-balls into positions of power to begin with?"

You do remember these guys do you not! They are your birds of a feather who clamped their lips tightly upon your asses, while you sunk your teeth into our exposed necks!! (opinion)

Now that our privacy is toast, and under judicial command I might add, what are you planning on ripping from us next gents - our spines perhaps! :ek:

VERITAS
Old 09-26-2003, 09:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Reeb , here at our house we do the same thing works for me too amazing all the unknown callers who call and don't leave a msg.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:32 PM

Judge Flooded With Phone Calls

The Associated Press

September 25, 2003, 4:44 PM EDT

Oklahoma City -- U.S. District Judge Lee R. West's telephone has not stopped ringing since he sided with telemarketers seeking to block a popular national do-not-call list.

Egged on by talk show hosts and angry Web sites, people have flooded West's office and home with calls and faxes, apparently trying to show him why they wanted to ban unsolicited sales calls.

"They are just calling to tie up our lines," said Rick Wade, operations manager at the district clerk's office. "They just keep calling to harass us, like the telemarketers harass them, I guess."

The phones at the federal courthouse were jammed Thursday morning and voicemail boxes were stuffed with messages blasting West's ruling that the Federal Trade Commission lacked authority to create and operate the registry.

West's home and office telephone numbers were posted on the Internet, and consumers angry with the ruling were encouraged to call. Calls by The Associated Press to West's home seeking comment were blocked by busy signals.

The ruling even made late-night television talk show host Jay Leno's monologue Wednesday night.

"The judge says the telemarketers can call you whenever they want," Leno said. "You know what we should do? Let's all call this judge tonight at home during dinner."

the latest judge to rule for the telemarketers should have read the above artice after all it would be a shame if some one posted his phone number and the same thing was to happen to him. :cl:

The Office of:

U.S. District Judge Edward Nottingham
1929 Stout st
Denver, CO. 80294
(303) 844-5018
I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should
do, By the grace of God, I will do. -Edward Everett Hale
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Hawk...

Better watch it (re. annoying calls), since there's usually a double-standard here in America.

We peasants must accept all calls in the name of: "Free Speech" , capitalism and telemarketing,...whether we want to or not.

Whereas, when it comes to big brothers and mini-big brothers like judges and such,..."They" refer to such as: "Crank Calls", and would probably try to have such callers locked-up for invasion of privacy. And, why not? THEIR time is valuable, and THEY should never be annoyed by such. Whereas, what better things do We peasants have to do morning, noon or night,...than listen to some salesman try to sell you what you most definitely DON'T WANT OR NEED?

Regardless, and even though not as important a person as a judge believes himself to be, I too don't like being disturbed when similarly napping by a phone and saying: "Not interested" and hanging-up. So, why-the-hell should big brother force me to do so, when I have already previously and adamently stated I DO NOT WANT TO??? Let that bum come over and screen my calls.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:12 PM

This is a little off the subject, but these judges are way out of hand.

Now, in Balch Springs, Tx, there is a old folks meeting place, and now the city, county, and whoever is forbidding them to sing Gospel and pray at their meetings.

This shit is ASSININE all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beginning to feel like just telling the Politos to CRAM IT WHERE IT BELONGS with their crap.

As much of you know I get on here and mainly just read, but I do use the only thing that I have and that being " common sense"..

I told you I was goning off subject!!

enough.......