Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2002, 08:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Great Country Part III

Ethical behavior???

*******Start********

US Vice-President Dick Cheney is to be sued by an anti-corruption pressure group for alleged fraudulent accounting practices.
The group, Judicial Watch, claims Mr Cheney deceived investors while he was a director of the oil company Halliburton in the 1990s.

In a case being filed in Dallas, Texas, Mr Cheney is alleged to have engaged in practices which led to the overvaluation of the company's shares.

To look the other way for the vice-president would be to set a precedent that the Washington elite are above the law

Larry Klayman, Judicial Watch chairman
The move comes only a day after President Bush tried to distance himself from corporate fraud, proposing tougher penalties in an effort to restore confidence after the recent business scandals that have shaken the US.

Judicial Watch is also suing for access to records of Mr Cheney's energy task force that drew up the Bush administration's energy policy last year.

"To look the other way for the vice-president would be to set a precedent that the Washington elite are above the law," said Larry Klayman, chairman at Judicial Watch.

But Halliburton spokeswoman Wendy Hall said, "We don't believe the case has any merit."

Further details of the lawsuit are likely to emerge during a news conference in Miami on Wednesday at 9am local time (1300 GMT

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2002, 06:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimpster

And your point is....? Anybody with the filing fee can file suit against anybody else, which doesn't prove anything. Cheney divested himself of the shares during the campaign, so as to avoid charges of conflict of interest. Now the liberal whiners are complaining that he profited by this sale; let's see, is this still capitalism at work, or not? Klayman is getting some bad info, and time will prove that he's wasting his time and the organization's money. Whoever titled them an "anti-corruption pressure group"?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-17-2002, 06:51 AM

SS are you calling Klayman a liberal now thats a real reach he's so far right wing he can't even turn left in his car.
razz
Old 07-17-2002, 02:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Razz is RIGHT!

This was one of "your boys" just a short while ago??

Now he's a bad guy huh??

Typical right-wing, ULTRA-KORNsurvative behavior----SHOOT THE MESSENGER----TRUTH BE DAMMED!

BTW----I posted some REAL GOOD STUFF bout "yo boy" BUBBA-DUBYA---I think there's a whole-lott-a TEXiCANS down yo way (specially round tha Dallas/Ft.Worth area) thet would jest as soon he hurry up and find anuther "ranch" OUTSIDE-UV Texas fer ta call home! Cause he and his "cronies" STOLE their "property" a while back, ya know!

Anyways, It's kinda-of a LONG, DETAILED post and I know your "attention" span is failing for stuff like the "truth" and other such "trivial" things like that sooooooooo, I don't expect you gonna have time to read the TRUTH cause of your continued nonsense about "liberals", huh?

Have FUN now, ya heanh!!

Cause I shore AM!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.