The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2006, 03:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Faith Hill & Tim McGraw blast Bush & Co. for Katrina Cleanup Effort !

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...1702714&page=1

March 8, 2006 ? Faith Hill and Tim McGraw ? two stars who usually stay out of politics ? blasted the Hurricane Katrina cleanup effort, with Hill calling the slow progress in Louisiana and Mississippi "embarrassing" and "humiliating."

The country music artists ? who are natives of the storm-ravaged states ? were at times close to tears, and clearly angry when the subject of Katrina came up during a news conference today. They had met with reporters in Nashville to promote their upcoming Soul2Soul II Tour, but when asked about the hurricane cleanup, the stars pulled no punches.

"To me, there's a lot of politics being played and a lot of people trying to put people in bad positions in order to further their agendas," McGraw, a 38-year-old native of Delhi, La., said after ABC News Radio's Dan Gordon asked about Katrina.

"When you have people dying because they're poor and black or poor and white, or because of whatever they are ? if that's a number on a political scale ? then that is the most wrong thing. That erases everything that's great about our country."

McGraw specifically criticized President Bush. "There's no reason why someone can't go down there who's supposed to be the leader of the free world ? and say, 'I'm giving you a job to do and I'm not leaving here until it's done. And you're held accountable, and you're held accountable, and you're held accountable.

"'This is what I've given you to do, and if it's not done by the time I get back on my plane, then you're fired and someone else will be in your place. '"

Hill: 'I Fear for Our Country'

The president had actually spent the day in New Orleans, getting a close-up look at boarded-up buildings and mountains of debris, noting that the city still suffers "pain and agony."

Along the president's route, some frustrated residents held up signs in protest, one asking "Where's my government?" and another telling the president to "cut the red tape and help us."

Hill, who grew up in Jackson, Miss., echoed those sentiments. So overwhelmed, she uncharacteristically unleashed an epithet, calling the situation, "Bull- - - -"

"It is a huge, huge problem and it's embarrassing," she said.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:20 PM

Why is it the Federal Government's responsibility to clean up the mess? Isn't there a Louisiana State Government in effect any more? Does the Mayor of New Orleans and the Govornor of Louisiana not bear any responsibility for what happened?

Oh, I forgot, Bush SENT the Hurricane because Louisiana is a Democrat State.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:34 PM

think you hit it on the nose, Murph. They sure aren't politically astute and I am losing interest in their music too.
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

What you all's said ! Seems here lately only the poor folks in Louisiana and other Katrina Victims get any press. BUT the Folks in Texas with their brush fires and the Tornadoes in the Midwest this weekend just aren't newsworthy to the anti-Bush fanatics. Seems the local Governments are handling their emergencies fine(In Texas and the Midwest) but them poor Democrat Gov and Mayor in LA just can't cut it without blaming Bush for their problem getting folks back to work cleaning up THEIR neighborhoods.

Today in the Florida Times Union there was a poll on how Floridians thought Gov Bush handled it as Gov and he got many good marks for his handling on the FOUR hurricanes last season. Can Gov Blanco say the same about her measly ONE hurricane? That everyone with a TV saw coming to New Orleans 4 days before it hit landfall!
Old 03-14-2006, 10:08 AM

How about all the poor folks in Texas who have been robbed and murdered by the Katrina "Victims" who moved to Houston for "better welfare".