The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Man cub is moving to Ft. Campbell

I'll be headed down to Ft. Bragg on the 20th to spend some time with the kids and the grand kids. Jim will be piling into the family car around the 24th and driving to Ft. Campbell where he will take up residence as the new 5th SFG Chaplain. Looks like he'll be going back to the sand box for his 4th tour.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2005, 05:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Murph

Buen viaje for you when you go see your pup and granchillens! And tell him that like it or not, he's on another prayer list!
Brice
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-04-2005, 05:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Our children are serving together. Murph , Sids son is at FT. Campbell with 5th SFG but he is headed to the sandbox soon. There seems to be a certain symmetry to this.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Rounds out Murph for the cub....but I think he probably has a better relationship with the big Kahuna then I do. Have him look up Sid's pup. He's a helluva great kid!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Will be in Ft Campbell

For family on memorial day weekend, The following weekend for a dinning in and the weekend after that for a deployment ceremoney. 3 weekends in a row. Called LT this evening to borrow his officers guide to refresh my memory on dinning in ceremony. Need also to recall the rules on wearing minatures with a Tux.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:49 PM

4 More days! And I can get away from the never ending grind of being a Shipping Agent who works 24/7 to bring foreign trade to our shores. I'll be flying down to Ft. Bragg on Friday and I'm really looking forward to seeing Jim, Sandy and the grandkids. I'm NOT looking forward to the abuse that I'm going to get at the airport. I'm guaranteed to set of the magnetometer as I still have pieces of metal in my legs left over from the South East Asia War Games.
I will be treated like a criminal suspect by the Federal Security People at the check-in while Arabs go by un-molested because "Profiling is Bad". When was the last time a retired Army Colonel hi-jacked a plane? When for that matter was the last time that a 70 year old lady hi-jacked a plane? I've seen the idiots darn near strip search an old lady who had a hip replacement. I also saw an Army Major, fresh back from Iraq and separated at Ft. Bragg, traveling in desert bdu's, told to take off his boots, then patted down like a common criminal! When will the craziness stop? What has happened to the Bill of Rights?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:46 PM

Colmurph..What bill of rights? Not for us..just for criminals, terrorists & illegal aliens. Just got back from out of the country...got fugged with both ways..sh*t, I'm 60 yrs old..messed with my lady too. Would have sent direct fire if I hadn't been on vacation from my job as an International Freight forwarder. Love the job but hate the hours..24/7 is no lie. Advisor out
Old 05-15-2005, 04:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sid :

Be sure and get a pic of you in your tux. Good luck !

larry