The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 AM

Default The Dim's have finished New Jersey.

The State of New Jersey as most of you know, has the highest real estate taxes in the country. This has had the effect of driving older retired people (on fixed incomes)out of their homes when thay can no longer afford to pay the taxes on them. I have been considering a move to North Carolina in the next year or so partly to be near my grandchildren and partly because I can no longer afford to pay the real estate taxes and eat well on the same fixed income. I have just found out that the State has rcently (secretly) passed a law which now penalizes anyone who moves out of state 10% of the selling price of their house. So New Jersey is sending a clear message to everybody that they do not like older people, they do not like anyone who is on a pension and New Jersey is not a good place to live out your retirement years. However they give property tax rebates to people who do not own property and only rent, (a lot who are on welfare) with the false logic that these people are paying the property taxes in their rent.
If you sell your house and do not move out of state, there is no penalty.

This smacks of serfdom! The state is tying people to the land in the State of New Jersey, just like the serf's of the middle ages were tied to the land they were living on. Instead of Barons, we have Liberal Politicians who are tying us to the land in order that they can stuff their pockets with the little accumulated wealth of the middle class, and buy votes from the lower class with "Free Money" provided by pensioners.

What ever you do! Do not buy property in New Jersey! The state will do everything in it's power to take it away from you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 06:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default colmurph

The confiscatory law was probably a result of a holdover from your former fudge-packing governor! Promises made in the night sure do look different during the light of day.

Here's a suggestion: consult an estate planning attorney, and see if you can create an educational trust. Then deed the property to the trust, taking advantage of a 501.c.3 tax deduction; first year = 1/4 of the value of the donation, with a five-year carry-forward.

Then move to North Carolina, or come down here to God's country! As the trustee of the trust, you can then direct the trust to sell the property, and I'll wager that you can avoid the 10% hickey.

But wait a minute: are you telling me that Da Dims are really screwing the 'little people?' All this time, I thought they were FOR the little people, but I guess I was wrong. Seems that your guvonor and the one next door in New Yawk are multi-millionaires with very expensive tastes!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Colmurph,...

Murph,
You could have written your honest heading or title about 60-70 years ago (if not
longer ago), and it still would've been just as timely as is now.

Granted, way-back-when The Democrat and/or: "Carpetbagger" (re. Reconstruction Days)
Party Machine Run State of New Jersey wasn't near as greedy as are now.
But, so what? The Private Sector Middle Class gets largely screwed-over, kept down and
in their place or lordly dictated now, just as well as before (actually better).

Thus, and since ALREADY The Highest Taxed State in America without including many
additional new lordly rip-offs,...I would suggest your acting as your political lords & masters
usually do, before retiring out of state.

1. Never under any circumstance tell any officials (local & state) your true intent as
common to most politicians, or what actually intend doing and/or moving out of state.

2. Tell Officialdom here that after selling your house you will be moving in with relatives until
finding a suitable Retirement Village in South Jersey. HIRE relatives if necessary.

3. After some time has elapsed, the dust has settled and/or all transactions have been
completed,...go retire anywhere your heart desires or even Costa Rica if liked.

Whatever and knowing that not normal for Sergeants giving advice to Colonels, I believe
that steering you right and also wish that could join you in saying both: "Adios" and
"Screw You" to New Jersey. But, family, friends and cimcumstances make it impossible.
Sadly will just have to tough-out here in: "Still Colonial New Jersey", till the very end.

Neil

Last edited by reconeil; 03-14-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: correction