The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Farmboy

The 4 tour guy is a bonified SF Officer. He was treated in Vietnam by one of the members of this site [1CACCCO15MED] after a SOG mission with his Khemer RT.
Now for some questions: Where were you in Vietnam? What was your job? A team, B team, B52,B53? White Star, SOG, Mikeforce, etc. What was your jump status, Master, Rigger, Halo? Where did you go to jump school? Ranger?
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

farmboy :

Our good friend Sid, whom many of us have known for about 10 years or more, and many of us have met in person and stayed in his home, is a Special Forces officer with 4 tours in Vietnam. There is no doubt about that whatsoever. He is banned from this site, along with some others, for reasons I will not go into here. He is at the alternate Patriotfiles site, where you may prove your "bona fides". He does not believe you. Here is the link :

http://patriotfiles.freeforums.org/index.php

His user ID there is pho127, as he was an FO for the 25th Divison Wolfhounds in 1971.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
I made E6 in just over three years. Where do you get 7?
At that time I think an E5 used the 4 designator.
There was a shake and bake school in the regular army where you could make E6 in 6 months.
You could extend an enlistment up to 11 months back then without taking a burst. A lot of us did that to extend tours in RVN.
I think E7 required several more years.

I am North of the Mason Dixon line.

I am on a number of related forums-never ran into so many semi educated sharpshooters.

In the early days of SF there was the E5 and prior requirements-with exceptions.
That all got dropped during the VN era.
Most of the older guys were serious career combat soldiers with WW2 and Korea service.
There were a lot of Eastern Europeans who hated commies. They were recruited under the "Lodge act." There were some luftwaffe and whermacht vets.
There was a lot of resentment of us "babies."

Many of us "babies" went on to do pretty good.
Several MOHs were awarded and we bled as red as any of them.
Majority or half of SOG guys were from us "babies."
I take a lot of pride in my service I was blessed to walk among such people.

I want to hear more about the 4-tour expert and his bona fides.

Looks like you got your "wish" there farmboy, huh?

I've known Sid personally more than ten years now and can assure you that he IS the "real deaL! His "bona fides" are authentic and without question.

Until you choose to offer up more "evidence" than you have (ie; Steve Splummers questions), you will be unable to prove to us that our friend Sid is incorrect in his analysis of your supposed "service".

If I'm wrong, I'd offer my sincere apologies can you prove otherwise.

But, until you "prove" our longtime brother Sid wrong-----then you'll be the one whose "bona fides" are questionable, at best.

Sincerely,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Exclamation One more thing-----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
Your friend is mistaken. Or full of crap.
Seals are Navy guys.
"US Army Special Forces" is the only group with the that actual name.
All the new high speed guys come under the SOCOM umbrella. People call them SF, but that is incorrect.
I graduated SFTG in 1967 as a PFC. I was one of the early "SF Babies."
I was selected for SF training while in Airborne Infantry AIT at Ft Gordon.
They picked 3 of us out of 2 companies.
I was also fortunate to be selected Distinguished Honor Graduate 45th Company at jump school.
All pretty routine after that.
My SFA # is D5216.
You guys are jumping to some serious conclusions with zero points of personal reference.
I'll expect some updates.

Now go out and play sweetheart. Maybe your buddy will show you the secret handshake.

One thing is for CERTAIN---------You stated that you were "selected for SF training while in Airborne Infantry AIT at Ft Gordon"----?

Either you're a bald faced liar----Or, you don't have a freakin clue about WHERE you supposed were trained for "Airborne".

I was assigned to the Army Hospital at Ft. Gordon from late 1967 thru May of 1969 while recovering from several gun shot wounds I received in Nam. I was there for nearly 18 months and saw just about every inch of Ft. Gordon while I was there.

There was NO SUCH THING as an " Airborne Infantry AIT at Ft Gordon" while I was there, and I have yet to find ANYONE who has been trained in "Airborne Infantry AIT" while at Ft. Gordon.

So then, who are you trying to B-ll$hit about this, huh?

There WAS an "AIT" Infantry training center there during that time, but it had nothing to do with being "Airborne"!

Like I said-------you got lots to 'explain' to us before you can honestly expect any of us to believe you're "authentic" as our Brother Sid!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM

Default Something Else

During the 60s, the only jump school I knew of was at Ft Benning. I've done a google search and cannot find anything that claims there was "ever" any jump school at Ft Gordon. It's been known for many, many years for it's signal corp training. There was mention of a couple military intelligence companies on base, and basic training from time to time, but no jump school.

In simple lamon terminology, this character "farmboy" is about as phony as a three dollar bill.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif
Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default "farmboy"

After reading through this thread, the idea dawned on me that maybe this is little ronnie just trying to reincarnate himself. Personally, I think little ronnie is more in need of some serious counseling and maybe even more serious medication.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Enquiring minds want to,...

...Ran a google on the #, and a thread came up from military photos.net, and it was bya handle "FERGUSON", 140 posts, n pic's, bio comes up "just a farmboyin the midwest', so I'll pass it along, and see what happens,...

...says he was with the 6Th group there though,????,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif
Old 09-27-2009, 12:37 PM

This has gone from silly to stupid.

Try this link and read through.http://benefits.military.com/misc/in...nt.jsp?id=1165

Here is a snip from that
"During the Vietnam war, infantry, military police, and signal soldiers trained at Fort Gordon. While Signal Corps training continued to expand throughout the 1960s,"

There was an area called Camp Crockett, I believe, where we did most of our training.
My Training Unit was B 8 3 we were across the street from the POW huts-behind us were the 2 C119s on static display.
We were the guys who were required to wear steel pots with camo covers all the time.
It was for anybody who had enlisted airborne infantry.
They ran it like jump school, PT, pushups, running, and screaming "Airborne" at every move.
It made jump school a snap,
If you were there in March '67, you must recall them spreading manure all over the Ft to try and get grass to grow.

Jump school was at Ft Benning. I was at 45th company. Class 32.
The 82 had a small one going at Ft Bragg and SF was running one in VN at Dong Ba Thienh for indiginous folks and selected US guys.

I am vetted at a number of veteran's boards. Never been thru this silliness, though.
Some of you guys have made definitive statements that are just plain wrong-like no Inf AIT at Ft Gordon.

After SFTG and time in 6th group, I did two tours in an A Camp on the border in 3 corps.

Like I stated before my SFA # is D5216. Your 4 tour guy should know what that means.
I would invite him to apply for membership at The Teamhouse.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-27-2009, 05:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Again, I invite you to talk to Sid Herndon at http://patriotfiles.freeforums.org/

If you are who you say you are, you both will have a lot in common.

All the best,

Larry
Old 09-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Farmboy, why don't you take mortardude's invitation? http://patriotfiles.freeforums.org
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread